Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks > Team Associated - Monster GT
Reload this Page >

New mgt 8.0 looking for replacement engine please help

Community
Search
Notices
Team Associated - Monster GT Discuss all things AE MGT right here!

New mgt 8.0 looking for replacement engine please help

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2017, 05:33 AM
RCaddict80

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New mgt 8.0 looking for replacement engine please help

I purchased a new mgt 8.0 back in september i only ran a gallon through it including break in. I love the performance of the 8.0 engine but i really hate how inconsistant the temps are (usually hotter than i like to see 270-280) AND TUNED FOR MAX POWER AROUND 300) plus it seems like im fine tuning it more than enjoying it because i like the temps about 270. Ive made up my mind that i want to replace the engine with something comparable in power,speed and something more reliable. I been really concidering the lrp zr32 spec 4 pull start engine. Can anyone direct me from experience if that lrp engine will perform as good as the 8.0 and if not which engine will. Thanks

Last edited by RCaddict80; 01-31-2017 at 05:34 AM. Reason: WRONG WORDING
Old 02-03-2017, 05:15 AM
RCaddict80

So nobody on this forum has a mgt 8.0 and felt they needed to swap the engine out for something more reliable? Any opinions or others experiances would be greatly apprechiated thanks
Old 02-03-2017, 06:56 AM
cbaker65

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RCaddict80
So nobody on this forum has a mgt 8.0 and felt they needed to swap the engine out for something more reliable? Any opinions or others experiances would be greatly apprechiated thanks
Lol.....I think those trucks faded out 10 years ago!
I seen people swap engines in those times ,but it wasn't the LRP 32 ,they used the LRP 28 an OS 30 back then ,an even now
those engines seem to be fading out!

I think the brushless world has slowed it down an the MGT isn't a popular truck anymore ,however ,ive seen them turned
into brushless ,an they did quite well!
The truck can handle quite abit of power!

I run a 5.9 in mine ,after no success with two 8.0's ,they grenade!
Ive heard good things about the LRP back then ,don't know about the 32 size!

Sorry about my poor writing ,My PC acts up on this site!

Last edited by cbaker65; 02-03-2017 at 07:00 AM.
Old 02-03-2017, 08:30 AM
mattster1971

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

The LRP 32 is a great option, even the .28 will run fine in the MGT. I have an MGT and run an Axial .28 spec 2 green head in that sucker and it rips no problem with the two speed tranny. I just last night put some sway bars on it I picked up from overseas on Ebay. They are quite unique in how they connect. I am really excited to try them and see if it gives me some more straight line stability and more corner stability as well. Since its a tall truck it tends to flip easy.
Old 02-06-2017, 12:56 PM
RCaddict80

Thanks for the responses guys. I just want to make sure im not steping backwards as far as power. But really...what other choice do i have? The lrp 32 is the strongest most reliable engine i can find for the money. Even the os30vg dosnt have the power the lrp puts out. Ive talked to a couple folks with the lrpzr30 in there mgt and they all said it has the same if not more power than the 8.0 and definatly has more top end. Plus they dont have the head ache of tuning issues or temps. And thats what im after really! So now i have a pretty much brand new 8.0 engine that ill be removing from my mgt and in goes the lrp32.
Old 02-06-2017, 12:58 PM
mattster1971

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

you do have one other choice, search Axial .32 on Ebay. I purchased one and it is amazing. All the Axial engines are. I know for a fact they are on sale now on Ebay and its slightly cheaper than the LRP
Old 02-07-2017, 05:14 AM
RCaddict80

the axial 32rr was actually one of my choices.however when i was doing my reasearch i read a lot of folks online purchased the axial 32 was very disappointed in the performance.they said it was way underpowered but it was reliable and held a tune. so idk about the axial. looks like a sweet engine, and axial makes awsome products.
Old 03-11-2017, 12:41 PM
firestone

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

RCaddict80 i run the force .32 in my mgt 8.0 for 2 years now. very pleased with the performance & i have owned the mgt 8.0 for 5 years with no problems this is a good strong truck.