Community
Search
Notices
Team Associated - Monster GT Discuss all things AE MGT right here!

Older Team Associated 10GT Pull Start

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2019, 04:50 AM
Rogoflap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Older Team Associated 10GT Pull Start

I have an older Team Associated 10GT Nitro. It runs great but currently using a starter box to use it as the pull starter broke a long while back. Now looking to get a pull starter, but
can't find any that fit. I don't have specs on this item, but was wondering if anyone here knows where / which one fits?

Thanks in advance.

Rog
Old 08-02-2019, 09:08 AM
D3MON

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

what engine are you currently running in the truck? is it the factory .15 engine? if so best bet would be to look at the manual for it and get part numbers and plug those into google. should be able to find something on ebay. if not might be able to find a parts engine. what part is broken in the pull start? cord break? can order pull start cord. if spring broke, should be able to find a replacement spring of some kind to fit in it.
Old 08-02-2019, 09:54 AM
Rogoflap

I bought this used so no manual was given. I will go with it is stock engine. I have tried a R020 Pull start, but that does not fit as it was a bit too small .

The pull start didn't have any parts except the outside shell. So no spring, no string. Last user used a bump starter. I just want to go back to a manual process.

Pull start or Battery starter would work for me.

Roger
Old 08-02-2019, 11:02 AM
D3MON

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

there should be some identification markings on the engine itself to signify what make/model/size it is. usually on the side of the crankcase. might be a symbol of some sort and a few numbers. engines for nitro vehicles are about as interchangeable as the shoes we wear especially since many of the models of the RC10GT didnt come with an engine in the first place, so looking for what came on it factory might not mean anything. once you have 10 posts on this forum you can post pictures of the engine.
Old 08-09-2019, 06:50 AM
Rogoflap

So I finally found a place Hobbytown that one location had one in stock. I purchased it and just received it in the mail. It fit perfectly.

The markings on the engine were the AE emblem and a 15 was found on the other side.

Thanks,

Roger