Community
Search
Notices
Team Associated - Monster GT Discuss all things AE MGT right here!

Monster GT anyone have one?

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2007, 09:51 PM
Evader ---> MGT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Monster GT anyone have one?

You're gonna love the Joes. They hook up sooooo good and are super stable.

I WANNA DRIVE. Tell me how the NOVA tower works with the wing. I might get one since it looks cool and the wing works. Plus, it's alloy!
Old 05-06-2007, 11:29 PM
ferrariowner123

are your rims black? they look that way from your pics.
Old 05-07-2007, 07:37 AM
scottywilkes

LOL at the vid lol. ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRR i get big joes and every man and his dog gets them as welll LOL. A well, there awesome tyres, and nope, my Dace adaptors havnt come off with 2 litres of fuel through them, wish i could say the same for the 14mm locknut, thats come loose a few times now.

Cant wait to get the GT goin again this weekend, i snapped the servo saver last weekend, WOT at my ramp and took out the tree midair hehe, only the servo saver took a hit, but it snapped clean and i CAd it back together
Should hold up good

Sorry havnt been on for a few days, power supply decided to die, so its been 4 days and no MGT owners[&o]
Old 05-07-2007, 08:34 AM
MrN8

ORIGINAL: ferrariowner123

are your rims black? they look that way from your pics.

Yeah, I died them with RIT black dye. It's a pretty simple process, just takes some time to do.
Old 05-07-2007, 08:35 AM
MrN8

ORIGINAL: scottywilkes

LOL at the vid lol. ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRR i get big joes and every man and his dog gets them as welll LOL. A well, there awesome tyres, and nope, my Dace adaptors havnt come off with 2 litres of fuel through them, wish i could say the same for the 14mm locknut, thats come loose a few times now.
[&o]
It was the size / weight chart that convinced me. I was tired of running my bowties for bashing, so I knew I'd eventually be getting them, just had to come up with a little extra $$$ first.
Old 05-07-2007, 04:03 PM
jonnymac

So I was out breaking in the new engine and I gotta say I'm very impressed with all the upgrades so far. I'm even liking the lowered wider look now
The mach 427 kicks ass. I have only just finished heat cycling really and its still pretty rich but it pops up on its back wheels easily.
Didn't roll it once with the new springs/oil. I did put a split in the body after a big wheelie though, so the sooner I get a new shell the better
I reckon with the mods i've done this would stack up nicely against any LST2. Considering I got it for under hundred pounds and probably spent another £200 I don't think thats too bad. You'd have to look carefully to buy a new, stock one for that here in England.
The LST2 is nearer £500 so anyone deciding between the two and doesn't mind a bit of spannering has a good option here.
Old 05-07-2007, 04:31 PM
NewfieNitro

WOOOOOOO! Finally took the MGT out for some real drivin. (by real driving I mean actually hitting a jump ) This thing is pretty cool, and loud, and hard to drive A big change from my nitro evader. I spent most of the time running around flipping it back on it wheels air control is harder than I thought I wish I had a pic of its first coat of moms flower bed soil and chunks of my lawn but my camera seems to have disappeared. I have a few upgrades on it too even though its still only got 9-10 tanks though it. Its just some stiffer springs and side exit exhaust manifold though. I figured I would leave the aluminum caps and new pipe for another day so I can fix up my evader.

On a different note I managed to slam into a support for my patio and a guide wire for a power pole and when I tryed to shift to reverse I got nothing. It works any other time but not when the truck is pressed up aganist something. This sucks because thats when I really need it Does anyone else have this problem or perhaps I need to adjust my linkage.
Old 05-07-2007, 04:38 PM
jonnymac

Yeah I had similar against my wheel barrow. Once I moved it it shifted into reverse fine. Mine was sideways on, i don't know if yours was? I had the rest of the barrow between my front and back wheel, but it didn't go into reverse till i moved it.
Later though when i went into some rough long grass nose first it reversed fine.
Old 05-07-2007, 05:13 PM
ferrariowner123

WOOOOOOO! Finally took the MGT out for some real drivin. (by real driving I mean actually hitting a jump ) This thing is pretty cool, and loud, and hard to drive A big change from my nitro evader. I spent most of the time running around flipping it back on it wheels air control is harder than I thought I wish I had a pic of its first coat of moms flower bed soil and chunks of my lawn but my camera seems to have disappeared. I have a few upgrades on it too even though its still only got 9-10 tanks though it. Its just some stiffer springs and side exit exhaust manifold though. I figured I would leave the aluminum caps and new pipe for another day so I can fix up my evader.

On a different note I managed to slam into a support for my patio and a guide wire for a power pole and when I tryed to shift to reverse I got nothing. It works any other time but not when the truck is pressed up aganist something. This sucks because thats when I really need it Does anyone else have this problem or perhaps I need to adjust my linkage.
Also with those FT caps i would also advise gettiong an FOC Kit. I know you just started using the truck but trust me it will save you some money later on.
Old 05-07-2007, 06:41 PM
docphysics

Did you try putting the brake on, and then shifting to reverse? Whenever mine is butted up against a tree, I hit the brake, then reverse, and it works like a champ every time. I got about a gallon through mine.

ORIGINAL: NewfieNitro

Old 05-07-2007, 07:21 PM
ferrariowner123

check this out. The orignal NIB flag body and truck. http://cgi.ebay.com/TEAM-ASOCIATED-M...ayphotohosting

theres alot of good trucks going for sale like this one.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Monster-GT-Race-...QQcmdZViewItem

this one has a buch of hardcore racing stuff

http://cgi.ebay.com/Monster-GT-W-Ton...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 05-07-2007, 07:27 PM
NewfieNitro

Ya I always put the breaks on when I try to shift. Learned that one the hard way with my snowmobile [:@]
Old 05-07-2007, 07:54 PM
piney 73

I was wondering if any of you guys have the link for the dace 23mm adapters.The pro-line ones I have now suck they a chewing up my hubs and are starting to round out.Thanks for your help in advance.

Old 05-07-2007, 08:34 PM
ferrariowner123

here you go http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id/3244

they also come in blue as well
Old 05-07-2007, 09:07 PM
piney 73

Thanks for the link. Now if they were just in stock!
Old 05-07-2007, 09:48 PM
Evader ---> MGT

You can thanks me for that I got the last set, I even asked amain.

Sucks, I just broke something in the tranny. NO DRIVE. All driveshafts are fine and pins, so I gotta take the tranny apart. Woo hoo, NOT.
Old 05-08-2007, 01:54 AM
duckedup

Got a tank through 'er today Zombies rock! re-port work turned out great! all-in-all, it was a great 'one' tank lol..

yes, just one tank...(not by choice)

Can anyone see whats wrong with this picture? [sm=50_50.gif]

Old 05-08-2007, 02:19 AM
Alteramod

rear bumper?
Old 05-08-2007, 02:34 AM
Alteramod

haha the pull start! It was pretty easily over looked till I started going up and down with my finger identifying each part and checking it lol.
Old 05-08-2007, 03:25 AM
duckedup

lol.. you musta' figured it out here 1st then huh? heheh..
Old 05-08-2007, 07:12 AM
scottywilkes

ORIGINAL: duckedup

I haven't broken a pull start on any of the 3 motors I've ran in my MGT(s)... but, I have broken my share of 'em (3) all on the same truck too, my 1st nitro, Kyosho Outlaw Rampage - it's been about 15 years though. It was a combination of not knowing w.t.f I was doing, frustration, and yanking the shiznit out of it.. and I'm sure the pull starts weren't very sturdy back then either....

edit... they censor w.tf now? (without the dot)..? lol...

U didnt knock on wood did you duck? LOL HAHAHAHA, is your wheelie bar missing also? And when the hell did u get zombies?
Old 05-08-2007, 10:11 AM
MrN8

Zombies stretched over 40-series, eh? How hard was that to do?

The biggest thing that changed when I run the Big Joes is that I can't brake too hard or I'll send it end-over onto the roof! It's incredible how well those things hook up on the grass.
Old 05-08-2007, 10:23 AM
KRO

Can anyone see whats wrong with this picture?

Yeah , you dont have that bad ***** Hardcore chassis in the background installed yet !

The Zombie Maxx tires work that good eh ? I was going to get them or ProLine Badlands , I got the Badlands .

Might have to give these a try if the PL's suck .
Old 05-08-2007, 10:26 AM
KRO

BTW , I got my Maximizer beadlock wheels today and they look pretty cool !

Beefy design , dont know how much more they weigh than the stock setup , my tires should be here today or tomorrow ......
Old 05-08-2007, 01:54 PM
farknben

ORIGINAL: KRO

Can anyone see whats wrong with this picture?

Yeah , you dont have that bad ***** Hardcore chassis in the background installed yet !

The Zombie Maxx tires work that good eh ? I was going to get them or ProLine Badlands , I got the Badlands .

Might have to give these a try if the PL's suck .

HEHE thats what I was gonna say about the chassis.

I think you'll like the Badlands. The Zombie were my first choice but the LHS didnt have any so I went with the Badlands. I like them a lot.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.