Community
Search
Notices
Team Associated - Monster GT Discuss all things AE MGT right here!

Monster GT anyone have one?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2007, 07:50 PM
scottywilkes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Monster GT anyone have one?

with the knuckle, u put the pillow ball inside t he knuckle, the black cup thing sort of clips onto the metal part that threads in, then u just screw it in, make sure not to cross thread it though, the RPM plastic is quite soft and its very easy
Old 05-25-2007, 07:54 PM
scottywilkes

the only wayt the pillow ball will come out is if you take the cup screw out, then u take it out that way, if u take a big enough hit the pillow ball will pull out of the inner part if its a good enough hit, its because the plastic is so soft, so instead of breaking a stock knuckle, it will just pull out, then u just put it back together
Old 05-25-2007, 08:01 PM
Evader ---> MGT

OK, I get it now. Thanks scotty. [8D]
Old 05-25-2007, 10:21 PM
titanfan

quick question-what springs fit the team bluestar aluminum shocks? because i got some that said they fit but they don't. i was wanting to get the stiffer associated mgt springs since the ones on my truck are way too soft. thanks
Old 05-25-2007, 10:32 PM
scottywilkes

i think the stock shock springs fit, not totally sure on this though, KRO will know as he has a set on his MGT
Old 05-25-2007, 10:34 PM
71goat

titanfan, MAKE sure you don't bust the bottom eyes of that shock, went to 2 different hobby stores do not have ends to fit, e-mail blue star thru e-bay, went to there web site , e-mailed them twice no answer, 1 1/2 weeks now NO answer, Had to modify other ends , not the best but they work.
I didn't even do any jumps with the truck, just bumpy grass , 4 busted total, after 2 tanks of gas
Old 05-25-2007, 11:05 PM
duckedup

ORIGINAL: scottywilkes

i think the stock shock springs fit, not totally sure on this though, KRO will know as he has a set on his MGT
..and I'm almost positive he runs the Associated brand red springs.. and 70wt shock oil.. I think
Old 05-26-2007, 01:11 AM
Alteramod

Well I got my package the same day I got my buggy, which includes pack of copper springs, 2 cva drive shaft rebuild hardware things, new drive shaft, and some other spare stuff. I blew out my rear diff from doing donuts with just 2wd the other day and was ganna be replacing it with my original diff but my tear down and rebuild has been delayed. My girlfriend and I were sitting around a fire and it got pretty hot so we went to back our chair up and when she stood up she stepped right in a hole in the ground and sprained her ankle really bad. So we took her down to the hospital to get x-rays to make sure its not broke which it wasnt. Not sure when I will have it back up and running now haha. One thing I noticed though was the dang screws for my front bumper on the bottom were really hard to get out cause of it bottoming out and pulling the plastic over the screws a bit. Thats why I got the copper springs. After all of this I forget what I as ganna ask now [:@] oh well.
Old 05-26-2007, 02:01 AM
Evader ---> MGT

Ouch, hope she's alright. I hate hurtin my ankle, expecially since I'm a runner.

Speaking of packages, I got two today, and here's what I gots in the end, with ferrariowner's help.

http://s144.photobucket.com/albums/r...20MGT%20stuff/

Mostly the wing, knuckles, and pipe. SWEET!
Old 05-26-2007, 08:35 AM
KRO

titanfan, MAKE sure you don't bust the bottom eyes of that shock, went to 2 different hobby stores do not have ends to fit, e-mail blue star thru e-bay, went to there web site , e-mailed them twice no answer, 1 1/2 weeks now NO answer, Had to modify other ends , not the best but they work.
I didn't even do any jumps with the truck, just bumpy grass , 4 busted total, after 2 tanks of gas
If you do break the eyes you can use TMAXX shock eyes for replacements . But you do have to use the stock plastic spring cups .

..and I'm almost positive he runs the Associated brand red springs.. and 70wt shock oil.. I think
Yeppers , thats how I run it .......
Old 05-26-2007, 08:37 AM
KRO

I like that wing mount BTW Evader ......
Old 05-26-2007, 01:23 PM
Evader ---> MGT

Yeah, thanks for the idea. I have to get a screw to go through the tower's holes for support, but it has alread held up to landing upside down and several wheelies.

OH YEAH! The HPI ribbed pipe is BEAST! I'm getting rollin wheelies and it sounds so AWESOME! I love this truck!!! but I always have. Oh yeah, the knuckles are awesome too. Thanks to whoever found that solution.
Old 05-26-2007, 03:35 PM
71goat

Thanks KRO, been going nuts trying to find
Old 05-26-2007, 04:07 PM
franky932

ORIGINAL: duckedup

ORIGINAL: scottywilkes

my set up is the same as KRO : same springs same shocks same oil wt[&:][&:][&:][&:][&:][&:][&:]
Old 05-26-2007, 04:09 PM
Snaut Rocket

you guys check out the new review on the mgt. Its about time they did that.
Old 05-26-2007, 06:31 PM
KRO

you guys check out the new review on the mgt. Its about time they did that.

Yeah I read it and he did do a good job , except its not a stock MGT . People who dont know might read it see the pics and think its a stock MGT ......

Thanks KRO, been going nuts trying to find
No , prob , the stock A.E. shock eyes also work , but you have to buy the clips and shock pistons to get only 4 shock eyes .

Traxxas selles them 6 per pack I think for 5.00 ...
Old 05-26-2007, 07:52 PM
Evader ---> MGT

Wow, I took my truck out for a real bash! Whew, it's sooo much faster. The guys flying their planes were all staring and the wing just loked sweet! They were asking me what truck it was and stuff. They're like, I didn't know it came with a wing. lol

Anyways, I did a few full spead cartwheels and flips, and all I did was annihlate a body clip holding the wing on. Wing and mount are fine. KRO is gettin a lot of attention today, but thanks man.
Old 05-26-2007, 09:28 PM
franky932

fits ok i have the blue star shocks .......red spring(AE) the original 70 wt oil
Old 05-26-2007, 09:40 PM
franky932

[quote]ORIGINAL: 71goat

[/quote

is there a way to know that i will have no problem? do i have to modify something ? i did not try yet my MGT?
Old 05-26-2007, 10:32 PM
franky932

i have 4 shocks (blue star) remaining to install at the rear ......... so it would be a good idea to change the bottom eyes RIGHT NOW with my 'old' bottom eyes from my previous monster plastic shocks????????????????????????????

because KRO and 71 goat have issues with their shocks

any other advice before i install........

tyvmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm[&:][&:][&:][&:][&:][&:][&:]
Old 05-26-2007, 10:53 PM
KRO

i have 4 shocks (blue star) remaining to install at the rear ......... so it would be a good idea to change the bottom eyes RIGHT NOW with my 'old' bottom eyes from my previous monster plastic shocks????????????????????????????

The only time I broke the shock eyes was when I was using alloy a arms and they had too much travel , I have switched to RPM a arms and I use the center shock mount on the arms to limit suspension travel .

I havent broke one since .....
Old 05-27-2007, 02:10 AM
franky932

ORIGINAL: 71goat

just a question for those that have blue star shocks......how can you possibly broke the bottom of the shock? kro answer one.

titanfan and 71goat : i bit confusing.......

ty
Old 05-27-2007, 02:13 AM
scottywilkes

easily, the eyelet is plastic, if u take a hit on the arm, or the shock over extends it puts pressure on the bottom eyelet ad can rip the threads out or snap the plastic eyelet
Old 05-27-2007, 09:24 AM
KRO

easily, the eyelet is plastic, if u take a hit on the arm, or the shock over extends it puts pressure on the bottom eyelet ad can rip the threads out or snap the plastic eyelet
EXACTLY !!!!!!

That is why I dont use the outer mounts on the a arms , even though it gives you more suspension travel , if you have a hard roll over or one corner takes a hard hit you run the risk of breaking the shock eyes . I did this once with the stock a arms too .
Old 05-27-2007, 11:42 AM
franky932

ORIGINAL: KRO

EXACTLY !!!!!!

That is why I dont use the outer mounts on the a arms , even though it gives you more suspension travel , if you have a hard roll over or one corner takes a hard hit you run the risk of breaking the shock eyes . I did this once with the stock a arms too .
HI!!!!!!!!!! should i put the original (old) AE plastic eyelet or tmaxx?

TYVMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM[&:][&:][&:][&:]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.