Notices
Team Associated - Monster GT Discuss all things AE MGT right here!

Monster GT anyone have one?

Old 02-01-2008, 04:12 PM
Snaut Rocket

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Monster GT anyone have one?

The heavy springs are meant for the mgt.
Old 02-01-2008, 06:25 PM
Snaut Rocket

does any one know if the muggy body will fit on the mgt.
Looking for a racer body for it.
Old 02-01-2008, 06:54 PM
scottywilkes

then get the Jconcepts Illuzion body
Old 02-01-2008, 07:05 PM
Snaut Rocket

I can get one off of ebay for like 10 dollars.
Old 02-01-2008, 07:50 PM
rexrw

I finally got the LRP .28 broken in and HOOKED UP!! Along with the new Losi pipe it's a beast compared to the .21 Now It is pulling wheelies. Time to do the exhaust. For Some every now and then track racing but mostly park and yard bashing should I go with the stock shocks and alloy end caps with copper springs? I want something that will not bottom out and can handle double jumps on the track. I want something stiff enough to help keep all four on the ground at full throttle so it hooks up. Powerstrokes are nout out of my range, are they worht it with the shocks that come on them for what I want?

Welcome dude who stole that gash of trucks off craigslist, welcome to the forum, nice find. It reminds me of the Goonies movie.
Old 02-01-2008, 08:16 PM
Evader ---> MGT

ORIGINAL: rexrw

Welcome dude who stole that gash of trucks off craigslist, welcome to the forum
That statement right there, well, that makes you my hero... IDK why, but I cracked up!
Old 02-01-2008, 10:26 PM
megamaxx

here she is ,went with 23mm hexs and some 40 series bow ties,just couldnt resist the mud today,and the best part is i didnt wreck it again
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh14426.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	160.9 KB
ID:	867542   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dz80801.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	158.9 KB
ID:	867543   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ej13587.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	161.1 KB
ID:	867544  
Old 02-01-2008, 10:37 PM
rexrw

Question about mixing springs - I have noticed from a lot of user pics that dudes are rocking mixed springs on corners of their trucks. Like a red and a blue or a red and a gold, things like that. What's the deal on this? I just ordered new stock shocks with the FT alloy caps but have ordered any additional springs yet. Hook me up with insight on this practice of mixing springs.
Old 02-01-2008, 10:48 PM
rexrw

How do you even begin to clean it after mudding like that? Seriously, will it ever be the same?
Old 02-01-2008, 11:07 PM
megamaxx

How do you even begin to clean it after mudding like that? Seriously, will it ever be the same?
let it dry,brush it off,dis-assemble,with lots of brake cleaner and an air hose,clean all bearings out,let them sit in some marvels and then re-assemble
and seriously,it will still be the same,believe it or not they are meant to get dirty,very dirty.if i wanted something that was going to stay clean i would have went on-road
Old 02-02-2008, 12:05 AM
Snaut Rocket

Question about mixing springs - I have noticed from a lot of user pics that dudes are rocking mixed springs on corners of their trucks. Like a red and a blue or a red and a gold, things like that. What's the deal on this? I just ordered new stock shocks with the FT alloy caps but have ordered any additional springs yet. Hook me up with insight on this practice of mixing springs.
Its just your prefrence. Like all copper wll give you a really stiff ride. And all blue will give you some soft bottoming out.
I used copper and blue cause thats the best combo i found for racing.
Old 02-02-2008, 08:18 AM
hilifemt

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sweet dirty pics megamaxx. That's the way to do it.!

rex, the stock blue springs are way too soft. I think the best overall combo is red springs all around and 50 weight shock oil. That set up handels the little rough bumps pretty good and allows the truck to soak up bigger airs. It does depend on where your driving and stuff.
Old 02-02-2008, 05:25 PM
theeunico

my lrp z28 is tripping ive used the so called base settings but it just sort of gargles and stalls out.somebody please help
Old 02-02-2008, 05:38 PM
scottywilkes

its rich, thats all, the motor is just loading up with fuel, its part of the run rich break in,

Id recomend doin the heatcycle method t hough, as it seats the piston and sleeve together alot better
Old 02-02-2008, 08:35 PM
Jeckler
My Feedback: (2)

An observation....
I got the CL Maxx and 1 of the MGT's out tonight and did some tuning. Well, after disassembling and reassembling the Maxx's transmission cuz I turned the wrong screw for its 2-speed. Anyway, holy cow, what a difference between the two. The Maxx may need a new plug, but it was still pretty quick. The MGT is just flat mean comparetively. It's loud, it's big, it'll make all 4 tires spin on the pavement, and the tires make a cool howling sound as it flies by. Oh, and it's loud too. The neighbors must love me.
Need to change out the brake spring though.
I know I need to thin out the herd, but do I keep one MGT and my LST2, or MGT and Maxx? Or.....
I still have to reassemble the Fun Factor. The guy said it's a blast for its size.
Old 02-03-2008, 12:46 AM
duckedup

ORIGINAL: Jeckler

...I know I need to thin out the herd, but do I keep one MGT and my LST2, or MGT and Maxx? Or.....

I'd definitely keep the MGT and LST2...
Old 02-05-2008, 03:54 PM
BuzzBomber
My Feedback: (4)

Has anybody here run the Sportwerks .26 V2 engine in their MGT (or any monster, for that matter)? I've been beating on my engine pretty relentlessly with full throttle snow dashes, big donuts, etc, and I think I may be on the verge of actually wearing it out now. I don't even know how any gallons I've put through it, but it's somewhere between 5 to 10 now, and it's getting hard to start and doesn't have the "snap" it used to. I know most recommend the LRP .28, but I can get the Sportwerks for under $120......which is a good thing when you're a cheapskate like me.
Old 02-05-2008, 04:13 PM
Snaut Rocket

I read in the truggy forums that they are killer engines for the price.
Go the truggy forums and ask around.
Old 02-05-2008, 05:38 PM
Bria1

A friend of mine has a Sportwerks Mayhem ST that came with that engine. It runs really good and has lots of power.
Old 02-06-2008, 08:36 PM
rexrw

HEEEELLLP!!! Went to ru nthe truck today and started up no probelm, runs great just won't really go anywhere. When I give it throttle there is this obnoxious grinding sound coming from (i think) the big black gearbox. THe big black gear on the outside is lined up with the small gear on the crankshaft of the engine, no problems there. If i lift it off the gorund and give it gas it grinds but the wheels turn, on the ground it looks like and sounds like something is slipping/grinding and the truck sits there. Does my problem lie within the gear box, that thing looks like a pain to take out, is it? Anyone else have this problem and know what it might be?
Old 02-06-2008, 09:16 PM
hilifemt

The problem sounds like it's definitely in the diffs or the tranny. It's not hard to pull the tranny from the chassis. But going inside the tranny for the first time requires a little work. First with every thing the way it is. The black gear on the outside(AKA: Spur gear) spin the spur gear in the direction the engine would spin it. lift the truck off the ground. try to hear real closely as you spin the spur gear where the grinding noise is coming from. It might be a diff too. after that, yank out whatever part sounds like is grinding and fix it. heheheh, let us know what you come up with.
Old 02-06-2008, 09:19 PM
rexrw

I don't hear the noise unless the truck is running and at pretty high throttle. With the truck off, i I spin the spur gear there is no grinding sounds. Do I have to remove the drive cups to gt the gear box out? What is lurking inside that gear box, is it hard to open and do I need to be aware of anything falling out like gears or springs?
Old 02-06-2008, 09:23 PM
hilifemt

I don't hear the noise unless the truck is running and at pretty high throttle. With the truck off, i I spin the spur gear there is no grinding sounds. Do I have to remove the drive cups to gt the gear box out? What is lurking inside that gear box, is it hard to open and do I need to be aware of anything falling out like gears or springs?
I suspect it's a diff, front or rear. Did you shim your diffs? hard to say sitting here on my computer but since it only happens under engine power torque, I think one of your diffs is slipping. do you have your manual for the truck? it's not hard to take apart the tranny or diffs as long as you pay attention real closely, and label all the parts well(screws, gears etc) and have the manual. even snap step by step pics with a digi cam so you can refer to them when putting it back together
Old 02-06-2008, 09:26 PM
rexrw

So are the diffs inside the big black box? What will I be looking for if one of the diffs is jacked? I have never dug into a diff case before.
Old 02-06-2008, 09:50 PM
hilifemt

The big gear box in the center is the tranny. the 2 small gear boxes on the front and rear are the diffs. try spinning the spur gear with the wheels on the ground holding the truck so it doesnt roll. see if you can get something to slip while doing this. you can spin the spur pretty hard without doing any damage. watch the drive shafts if something slips. you can tell if it is the front or rear diff this way and possibly save a little time! It might just be bad bearings in a diff, but could possibly be worn out pinion or ring. I happened to be in the process of doing a bunch of junk so I took some pics and labeled a few things. The ring and pinion are in the diff. Let us know what you come up with
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec88261.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	81.8 KB
ID:	871919   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cn77901.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	72.6 KB
ID:	871920  

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.