Community
Search
Notices
Team Associated - Monster GT Discuss all things AE MGT right here!

Monster GT anyone have one?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2008, 09:55 PM
jombo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Monster GT anyone have one?

that truck looks famillar
Old 02-06-2008, 09:58 PM
hilifemt

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: jombo

Hahaha, jombo, those parts are from the roller I just bought from you.
Old 02-06-2008, 10:20 PM
Evader ---> MGT

Hey guys! I got my reciever back from Spektrum and I'll tell you what, it's a great upgrade over the stock radio gear!!! Plus, Spektrum's customer service is 2nd to none...

I'm really happy!!! And no more antenna!
Old 02-06-2008, 10:32 PM
Snaut Rocket

Lucky you.
How many channels you running and were you get it?
Old 02-06-2008, 11:18 PM
KRO

Hey guys! I got my reciever back from Spektrum and I'll tell you what, it's a great upgrade over the stock radio gear!!! Plus, Spektrum's customer service is 2nd to none...

I'm really happy!!! And no more antenna!
It really is much better than the stock radio for sure ! I have mine in my REVO and my LST2 , my MGT has a JR XR3 synth radio .

Nice not breaking antenna tubes also !

Took me a little bit to get used too the stubby antenna on the TX , just didnt seem right .......
Old 02-07-2008, 12:13 AM
Evader ---> MGT

SAME HERE!!!

I cannot get over not having a 3ft antenna in front of me. The radio just seems sooooo small, doesn't fell like the same MGT is being drivin anymore. But it's a good feeling I guess.

Snauty, I'm running 2 channels for now, but I got the DX3.0 just in case Also, my rx antenna is tucked inside the radio box and I still have the same, if not more range than I did with the antenna from the stock rx. Plus, the options are great.
Old 02-07-2008, 09:24 AM
Snaut Rocket

You say a stubby antenna. All the pics i see of the reciever is a regular little wire.
Wait Dont get me wrong I know the Tx antenna is short and stubby but is the reciever? You said you tucked in inside your radio box.
Old 02-07-2008, 10:11 AM
docphysics

yea, the receiver antenna is only like 8" long, much shorter than a FM Rx antenna and the directions say it will work if it is only 3" long with no significant loss of range..
Old 02-07-2008, 01:18 PM
rexrw

So I took the tranny out today. Before I opened it I turned it upside down and could hear something floating around. Opened it up and a bearing(destroyed) fell out along with a pin which I have attached a picture of, I have no idea what the pin is for or where it goes since it fell out when I opened the tranny case. The bearing that was shot was the one that goes on the end of the shaft by the 3 gears in the second picture. In the third picture I am showing the bearing at the other end of the shaft in picture 2, that bearing is fine. Picture 3 shows 2 bearings side by side, the smaller one is one I had in my tool box, will it work or is it supposed to be the same size as the one on the other end of the shaft? The inside diameter of my spare bearing fits perfect over the shaft in place of the one that was destroyed, but is the outside diameter of that bearing supposed to be the same as the one at the other end of the shaft? And what is the pin for in picture one?

I didn't see any other problem inside the tranny other than the bad bearing. Considering where that bearing goes in the tranny that had to be what was making it slip at higher throttle because the old bearing was destroyed and the end of that shaft could float round some and casue the gears to not mesh. Looks like an easy fix if the bearing I have will work. I am sensing that i need a larger bearing that will sit flush inside the tranny case to keep it tight and not sloppy. The small bearing I have fits over the shaft but is kind of lose inside the tranny case molding.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca82204.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	24.5 KB
ID:	872386   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp43989.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	47.5 KB
ID:	872387   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge95038.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	35.7 KB
ID:	872388  
Old 02-07-2008, 02:16 PM
Jeckler
My Feedback: (2)

The pin looks like it's the guide pin for the forward/reverse dog.
You need the correct bearing that fits snugly in the trans case. That small one won't work. Something doesn't look right about that two speed shaft either, maybe it's just the angle.

Look below for the exploded drawing of the truck. One of the pages goes through a tranny rebuild.
http://teamassociated.com/ae/mgt/mgt_docs.htm
Old 02-07-2008, 02:17 PM
Ingen28

Wow that last picture is very deviving....At first i thought those parts were 1:1 car parts on the ground! then i thought better of it!

What has anyone run 30% fuel on their MGT4.6 stock? or did it run better with a head shim? i am going to swith but i dont know if i should shim it?
Old 02-07-2008, 02:30 PM
BuzzBomber
My Feedback: (4)

Well, may not need that Sportwerks just yet. I took the MGT to the park at lunch after doing a teardown on the engine last night, and after I finally got it to fire, it ran like a champ. Curious thing is that I really had to flood the sucker almost to hydrolocked before it would fire. There were no cuts or blockages in the fuel line, but it just wouldn't fire off a light prime like it used to. I think the steering servo is shot though. Anyone had their stock servo go bad, as in not finding center or jumping around? It did take a pretty good hit on Saturday and got run in a lot of wet snow......but the gears feel good.
Old 02-07-2008, 03:08 PM
hilifemt

Nice rex. way to find the problem after I was leading you in the wrong direction. hahaha. sorry man. that's weird a bearing went bad in a tranny though, I have over 14 gallons on my truck and have never had 1 bearing go bad. Good to see you found the problem though...
Old 02-07-2008, 04:17 PM
Snaut Rocket

rex you need the Foc.
Old 02-07-2008, 05:47 PM
rexrw

I found the bearing at Hobby Bench today. They didn't have the AE bearing but Traxxas part #4611 bearing was a perfect fit. I noticed when I took the tranny case apart there was a ton of dirty grease, so I cleaned it out. Before I button it back up I want to grease it again - what kind and how much should I use? Should I grease all the bearings and gears or what?
Old 02-07-2008, 05:48 PM
Evader ---> MGT

I believe you use litium grease for gears. I use traxxas litium grease and I use a tiny bit per gear. It eventually gets distributed evenly, and if you put too much on, the grease gets spat out onto the tranny case making it all gooey...
Old 02-07-2008, 08:51 PM
rexrw

So when I was at the shop today getting the bearing I was checking out the HPI Baja. Keep in mind I have only been into nitro for about 6 months and have had 4 different cars already, I get bored easy. Now I want bigger and the Baja is sick. Anyone have/had or messed around with one? I ran the GT with the new bearing, and I adjusted the shift point while it was open, now it holds first longer and wheelies in first on command, it hooks up so sweet now. I destroyed the grass in my front yard today with a tank. I ended up just putting it back together, I am going to take the tranny back out tomorrow and greasing it good.
Old 02-07-2008, 09:01 PM
hilifemt

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pIZXxZYq_g
Here's a video of my buddies 5B

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bectBIoizXU
here's a crazy awesome 5B video

I like them. they are sweet. gas is cheap and one tank last 45 minutes.
They shred pretty hard actually. but I think they shine the most in sand dunes and hill climbing etc. Not super rough terrain. They don't have the precise jumping control as a MT does. once it's airborn, it wont gas/brake correct like a MT will

Im a MT guy. I like the big tires and the way MT's look while bashing. but if you have the loot. I'd say get one!
Old 02-07-2008, 09:31 PM
buck in rut

i have a 4.6 mgt and i really like it i highly recommend removal of all the set screws and putting lock tight on them as far as the one who has the transmission there are 2 pins that are on the main shaft that seem to break they are the same pin as a traxxas wheel hub pin i also had bad luck with the stock 4.6 i blew it in the first 2 weeks associated stood behind it and rebuilt it for me at no charge other than shipping cost to them overall great truck it is a little roll over prone with stock tires i hope this helps
Old 02-07-2008, 10:36 PM
Snaut Rocket

Also the baja 5b is really for some one with alot of money. I heard the stock tires get shredded really quick. And new tires cost like 100 dollars.
Old 02-07-2008, 10:59 PM
ferrariowner123

So i am in need of a new servo. i've been looking at the Hitec HS-5645MG ( http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/18374 ) and i really like it. its got Great torque and the price isn't bad im just asking if anyone knows a place were i can get this servo for cheap or a better servo for the same price (around 55$)?
Old 02-08-2008, 01:38 AM
71goat

ORIGINAL: hilifemt

ORIGINAL: jombo

Hahaha, jombo, those parts are from the roller I just bought from you.

huuuuummmm is that the roller you just snached up on lol that NO but you got dibs on???? off of GP LOL
Old 02-08-2008, 09:12 AM
Snaut Rocket

ORIGINAL: ferrariowner123

So i am in need of a new servo. i've been looking at the Hitec HS-5645MG ( http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/18374 ) and i really like it. its got Great torque and the price isn't bad im just asking if anyone knows a place were i can get this servo for cheap or a better servo for the same price (around 55$)?
A ferrari if you can cuogh up the extra moola. get the ace servo from amain. Ds105 totaly worth it and fast as hell. Read the reviews on them.
Old 02-09-2008, 03:29 AM
tuclai

Yes I have two!

After a month the display MGT is almost done. Just waiting on the steel braided fuel lines and the body paint.

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/562025697XGWJlX
Old 02-09-2008, 02:07 PM
Evader ---> MGT

Wow. Looks like a great truck! Where'd all the upgrades come from? Like the spur gear brace...

And pelase don't drive it. A pebble a lil to big will mess that thing right up!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.