Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 347 of 357 FirstFirst ... 247297337345346347348349 ... LastLast
Results 8,651 to 8,675 of 8915

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Monster GT anyone have one?

its a alot smoother sound, u dont get that brap brap sound from the stock pipe, it also is alot quieter, which is good.

Also u get a rather good increase in power
    8ightT:Go21, MBX5R:RBC6, FT NTC3:RBC12, 8000kv RC18T, MGT:M427, F103, NEVST, FASST 2.4, Spek 2.4

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Dang what a day....... I stripped all but 6 teeth off 2nd gear...Everything else looks great but 2nd looks like a bearing now. Does anyone know if there are metal gears to replace them both? All the other gears are metal but 1st and 2nd are plastic. Any suggestions??
    i believe the new MGT 8.0 has first and second speed metal gears, s oyou could try getting a hold of just those gears but that truck is pretty new and specific parts are hard to find so your best it just getting a stock plastic 2nd speed gear unless you wanna drop $125 bucks on the 8.0 tranny.
    I think Bigfoot is blurry, that\'\'s the problem. There\'\'s a large out-of-focus monster roaming the countryside.
    -Mitch Hedberg

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks, all I could find was a set of plastics for about 15-16 dollars. As for the whole tranny the 8.0 is cheaper than the 4.6 go figure. At least through tower..But still well over $100..
    Monster GT 4.60 s.e.,Traxxas Jato 3.3, Traxxas Nitro Rustler, 4600 Sidewinder Evader ST.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Is that common problem stripping 1sty and 2nd gears.
    Dont here much of that
    Lots of holes in the desert. Lots a problems buried in those holes. Monster Gt 4.6: with brushless setup soon to come.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I had my mgt for about a year now only about 3 gallons through it, but I have had no signs of any gears stripping anywhere. Although added the FOC kit almost immediately, I dunno if that makes a difference or not.
    MGT 4.6 - RC10GT w/ os.18 - Evader St - Maximum St - Stampede http://www.myspace.com/Elite_Tux

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: scottywilkes

its a alot smoother sound, u dont get that brap brap sound from the stock pipe, it also is alot quieter, which is good.

Also u get a rather good increase in power
    Thanks, hope it's not to quiet.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

A year and 3 gallons??? LOL!!! I must be an overachiever...A gallon in 2 1/2 weeks.. It was kinda strange All gears are flawless but 2nd was trashed.. It probably do to running on road I guess. No signs of problems till I ran it on road. Could that be it????
    Monster GT 4.60 s.e.,Traxxas Jato 3.3, Traxxas Nitro Rustler, 4600 Sidewinder Evader ST.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ive mutilated my tranny many a time, about 3 2 speed shafts, 1 OWB, 3 2 speed shaft pins, 6 2 speed gears HEHE, its all in good fun, im very hard on my transmission though, none of t his easy driving, its on or off, they get a beating when your racing
    8ightT:Go21, MBX5R:RBC6, FT NTC3:RBC12, 8000kv RC18T, MGT:M427, F103, NEVST, FASST 2.4, Spek 2.4

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Well I've had many expensive hobbies in the past year, plus college life interferes and being a poor college student doesn't help either. But now that I've graduated I should have lots of time to burn through fuel....until I get a job at least.
    MGT 4.6 - RC10GT w/ os.18 - Evader St - Maximum St - Stampede http://www.myspace.com/Elite_Tux

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

A year and 3 gallons??? LOL!!! I must be an overachiever...A gallon in 2 1/2 weeks.. It was kinda strange All gears are flawless but 2nd was trashed.. It probably do to running on road I guess. No signs of problems till I ran it on road. Could that be it????
    I have burned a gallon in 1 day before .....

Try loosening the slipper a little more , maybe adjust the 2 speed so 2nd gear kicks in a little earlier and dosent bang it in so hard .
    Ten SCTE , LST2 ,Micro SCT , Tekno 8ight T , RCSC8
    B44 , Hyper 10SC , E-REVO , Micro DT , Tekno D8

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks for the tips!!! I loosen it and change the timimg for changing.. I got my parts this a.m. so till to put it together!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

well race day was a shambles today, installed my new Sportwerks 9mm carby on my ported and polished SH28 P6 6 port, well to cut thigs short, snapped a 2 speed shaft and pin, replaced in 10 minutes, got to final, totally stripped 2nd speed gear in 1st lap AGAIN!!!!!!!, im sick of this stupid trasmission

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Time to get your self a truggy scotty. No tranny at all.
    Or if all fails a Rock crawler
    Lots of holes in the desert. Lots a problems buried in those holes. Monster Gt 4.6: with brushless setup soon to come.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

BAH, cant be buggered getting anything else for the time being, ive got 4 motors to blow in the MGT before LOL.

GEEZ, i just wish the dam tranny was reliable, its only the 2nd speed gear thats really peeving me off, other than that the truck is great. [:@]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Dude, I 110% feel ya. I HATE this tranny!!!

Absolutely ruins the truck... And I'm not dropping $100 to buy a new tranny from the 8.0. Nope...
    MGT8.0-KB45 8XL1600Kv, MMM ~ Evader EXT-Duratrax Intellispeed 16t w/ Rev, Trinity Co 27t + Pro ~ Rustler VXL-Rhino 3S 4900mah

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Stripping transmission gears eh? this begs the question of what the heck are you doing to these trucks to strip tranny gears? I have had my 4.60 for three years now and not once have I ripped a gear in the transmission, I have broken the 2nd speed shaft pins and replaced them with spring steel pins the first year I had it, they have not broken after two years and not once have I stripped a gear in the transmission, and they are still the original plastic/composite gears. I have rebuilt the diffs do to excessive wear, I have replaced cvd pins, broken A-arms, and busted shocks, but I have never had to replace a gear in the transmission. So the question remains, what were you doing with the truck to cause transmission gear failure?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I think I narrowed the gear problem to jump on and off curbs on asphalt... Didn't have a single problem till I did that. So now it is for dirt ONLY..lol.. I have a brushless Evader converted over to run strictly on road.
    I know this is a bit off the MGT thread but I have this truck I got today it is for my 10 yr old son. Traded in the rest of our airplane stuff for. It is a T-Maxx 3.3.. It has rpm arms, and, this is funny, Monster GT wheels and tires..lol..So I guess it kinda goes here. I am just a proud dad showing his truck off. I did include it in with one of the pics...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hf10003.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	135.1 KB 
ID:	952895   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dy77781.jpg 
Size:	166.9 KB 
ID:	952896   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Di11130.jpg 
Size:	158.4 KB 
ID:	952897   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cw63035.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	153.9 KB 
ID:	952898  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

what do i do, i race, its a 4.6 tranny with FOC installed. Im running a SH28 prospec 6 port, ported and polished with a sportwerks 9mm carby, 1:1 clutch springs with nova alloy clutch shoes, so my tranny takes a beating lol. So add another 2 speed shaft, pin and 2 speed gear to the list LOL, im getting quite a collection :P

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I bent the high speed mixture needle, will any .28 sized needle work is does it specifically have to be the AE 4.6 needle?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

AE28/TTR28, different needles are different lengths, thicknesses etc

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Man, that T-Maxx looks tiny next to the MGT!

I lowered and softened my suspension a bit, put the Talon premounts and Desert Rat body back on my MGT and took it over to Dirtrunners(local track) on Memorial Day for some track time. I was trying to finish breaking in my new RC8, but the throttle servo crapped out, so the buggy went back in the car and out came the MGT. Anyway, driving the two cars back to back was funny. The RC8 carves like a scalpel, the MGT, well, more like a butterknife, maybe even an axe. I found the only way to get the MGT around the track's tight corners was to "back it in" by braking and sliding the rear, then steering around the apex onto the straight by sliding the rear with throttle. Is this the same technique you MGT racers use, or do you guys actually try to work with cornering under traction?
    Matt Smith
    If you\'\'re not having fun, you\'\'re missing the point.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

On our clubs big track you can actually drive around the corners with an MGT. Our LHS's track is more 1/10 scale so there's lots of braking and power sliding going on to get around the corners. Not the fastest but definitely fun.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

So an lrp needle will fit in the stock motor correct?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

depends, if the needle is identicle to yours, aka same taper on the needle, same thread, length, width, etc then yes. But like i said, the only ones that i know will work are for the AE28/TTR28, same motor as thunder tiger make the motors

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Sup all..

I just finished my third tank on my new mgt. I cant beleive how easy this motor is to tune. Two short bursts with my drill and she fired right up for the first time. After 3 tanks its only died once and im still on the original glowplug.

Like most stock MT's It doe's need some upgrades, like a steering servo, receiver battery pack. Those are going to be my first upgrades anyway..Also, i think the turn radius is terrible. To completely turn around my truck needs almost 2 carlengths of room. Without buying any hopup parts, are there any tweaks i can do to correct this? Thanks....