Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 23 of 49 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Anyone Have a Mini MGT?

by OK I mean will it glitch too much.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I would get a FM complete setup to be safe. I personally still run a stock radio, But don't drive far away either.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Does anyone know if I would be able to get an OS .18 TZ in one of these? would is fit and would the transmission be able to hadle the power?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I would get the BB instead to be honest. I know some people have have put the .18 in there though. The transmission handles a BB fine so I know it will handle the .18.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

which is better the aftershock or mini mgt 3.0? i will be running n the mt class and bashing so which would i be better off with??
    RC8.2 Worlds/ TTR ST-1
    Pro-Line/ Boca/ STS/ David M. & Mitch @ M2C Racing

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i have only ever seen the mmgt in action ( cuz i have one) it is a very capable basher. i've launched it 10 or 15 feet up and didnt break a thing. that is except when i hit my friend that was videotaping it. look for some aftershock forums and ask around. good luck and happy bashing
    Mini MGT 3.0 - Revo 2.5 to 3.3 convert(needs motor, its a 2.5 chassis, 3.3 motor.) Modded Micro DT.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i dont know what the problem is but i hit a cement lid for a septic tank at about half throttle. ever since the engine has made a whirring sound in first gear. any one know what it is?
    Mini MGT 3.0 - Revo 2.5 to 3.3 convert(needs motor, its a 2.5 chassis, 3.3 motor.) Modded Micro DT.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Did you knock the engine out of alignment with the spur gear?..missing any teeth on the first gear?
    MGT 4.6 - RC10GT w/ os.18 - Evader St - Maximum St - Stampede http://www.myspace.com/Elite_Tux

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

im thinking that is what it is. but no teeth are missing and no abnormal wear on them either. i have to tear the truck apart to clean it again so i'll check my gear mesh when i do that.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

well truck is clean and running great again. although cleaning the air filter was a pain this time. all kinds of dirt in the outer foam. how do u guys clean your filters?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Can anyone help find the right screws that hold the 2nd gear to the 2-speed clutch bell. In the instruction manual, the pt# is 25646, but I can't find them anywhere.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

hey guys, just found the pro-line helios body for this truck. looks like the warthog from halo, how cool is that? i have a couple of questions about this truck. i need the true price of this truck. rc car action's 2008 buyers guide lists the truck at about 600 bucks, but i went to a-main hobbies and it's selling for about 300 there. whats the deal here? maybe the 600 is just msrp?

anyways, my real question is this: does this thing use ball pivots (like a tc3) for the steering? if so, does it also use them in the rear for toe adjustment? i want to get this truck with the sole intent of putting the helios body on it and using one of my spare servos to make it 4 wheel steering to be very much like the warthog from halo. it's just gonna be a basher, and i just think it would be a really cool thing to do.

thanks in advance for the help guys!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ok sry guys, never mind. went out today on a whim and bought an s-maxx XD. same as the 2.5 t-maxx minus the 4wd and reverse.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey Ryno I just ordered a MMGT, I hop all the good stuff I have read about them being fun and fairly durable is true. I have a Tower Terror right now, it was the first nitro one I bought, I can say it it fun and fairly durable too. Just wanted something with 2 gears now and liked what I read about these. Is there anything I should know before getting this and running it?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Everyone has hopups except us, whats up with that? Does anyone know when upgrades will be available?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Integy just released a whole bunch of aluminum hop-ups for our trucks.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...S2=MGT&S3=&S4=

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

my freind just bought a mini mgt...i think it's pretty good truck
    the size is like first gen of tmaxx....but if u put it side by side with tmaxx3.3(4908)...it's quite small
    i did the break in for my freind...but havnt really tune the engine...and we were doing drag race with my tmaxx3.3(4908...i bought a tmaxx my freind bought a mini mgt...just broke in...havnt tune it well)...
    the mini can keep up with tmaxx... was pretty surprised with its power...
    u cant really do wheelie on the pavement...but it's a fast truck....handle turn and jump pretty well at stock setting...
    my the other friend has a mgt8.0...all of us think that little guy 3.0 is faster than 8.0....
    mini mgt is very light too....i guess that's why it can run so fast

the only down side we found out is....the chassis for the fuel tank....
    cuz my freind were running without the body on...then he flipped his truck...then the handle take the frist hit and push the fuel tank....
    we end up with bending chassis...rite in front of fuel tank.... but we bend it back already.....
    well....he gota run with his body on anyway....it's no big deal....haha
    with the price....it's a good buy~!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

the only down side we found out is....the chassis for the fuel tank....
    cuz my freind were running without the body on...then he flipped his truck...then the handle take the frist hit and push the fuel tank....
    we end up with bending chassis...rite in front of fuel tank.... but we bend it back already.....
    well....he gota run with his body on anyway....it's no big deal....haha
    with the price....it's a good buy~!
    I agree that the truck is very good with the stock engine. I think the wheels and tires are good too, but if you want the truck to resist turning over so easily in turns, then just try a set of 40 series 1/2 inch ofset wheels and some bow tie tires. They look great and work great. Naturally, there are pleanty of other wheel and tire combinations that would work good, but what I am really recommending is the 1/2 inch ofset wheels. Big Improvment.

Dennis

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

well lisasguy. i love mine. in my opinion its sorta like a truggy on roids. it is smaller than a maxx truck but just as fast. its a great truck. very bash proof just like its bigger brother. pm me if u want more info on mine.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey guys what starting poing needle settings dd you use when breaking it? The one pager says hs at 2 1/2 and s at to 2 1/2 and the other paper says hs 3 1/2 tuns and ls 6 1/2 to 6 3/4. So which one d I use?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

this truck is definitely very good and fun to drive... but i've since found out that a truck is nothing without good parts support and parts, sadly, are still scarce over here in england at least. i still have to wait around 10days for parts to arrive and there's hardly any aftermarket upgrades for it.

again, if i was going to get another truck, i'd go for the savage...or maybe maxxx as parts are available everywhere. i wished i knew this before i got my truck.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

any one have the 4.6 or the 8.0? How do they run?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

lisasguy do not try to use the quickstart needle settings for break in. i set them to that and its so lean it wont even start. use the needle settings in the red manual for the truck.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I got like 2 way different settings from different papers. I got an orange paper about the engine it says hsn 2 1/2 and lsn 2 to 2 1/2. Then there was another paper that said hsn 3 1/2 and lsn 6 1/2 to 6 3/4. Associated said to et hsn 2 1/4 and lsn 2 1/2.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Wow is this truck fun once you get it tuned in. I can't believe how fast it is and the shifting is so cool. I can't wait to see what it will do against a Revo3.3 and a Tmaxx 3.3, I don't think it will keepup with the Savage but I will give it a try.

Page 23 of 49 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast