Community
Search
Notices
Team Associated - Monster GT Discuss all things AE MGT right here!

Anyone Have a Mini MGT?

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 10:25 AM
CranKitUP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Anyone Have a Mini MGT?

No...the stock Mini MGT engine has a rotary carb...3.3 has a slide carb. Best bet is to get the BB conversion...then mostly any engine (.18 - .32) could be mounted on the Mini.

"the cons of the truck are one of the ball joints on the front right arm separated on me a few times after some bad jumps of 3 feet. I was able to snap it back in place."

If that happens often, the white plastic ball holders in the steering hub/block is loose and needs to be tighten (but not too tight)...if not, sooner or later the hub is going to break after a hard landing.

My Mini has been great for the past year that ive owned it...i even like it better then my Big MGT
AND...THE MINI IS NOT DISCONTINUED
Old 07-07-2009, 10:36 AM
del1969

It says order pending on towers web site.
Old 07-07-2009, 10:39 AM
CranKitUP

Because tower says that, doesn't mean the Mini is discontinued.....there many online sites that still carry it!
Old 07-07-2009, 03:03 PM
jk47
My Feedback: (2)

Um okay been driven rc for a long time and decided I'm gunna buy my first nitro tuning and break in are not a problem (i been working on engines a long time.) but i have a decision to make mini mgt or t maxx. if anone could tell me thier personel opiniuon (not my cousins step sisters great aunts second cousin has one and he likes it.)

Thanx in advance
Old 07-07-2009, 03:14 PM
crashnburnforever

It's a no-brainer................MGT3 ! Have had mine for three months now and it is almost bullet proof. You can't go wrong.

Todd
Old 07-07-2009, 09:24 PM
jk47

Alright thanx tod plus the price is nice on da mgt 3.0
Old 07-08-2009, 09:32 AM
jk47

Tower hobies just got the mgt 3.0 back in stock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-08-2009, 11:13 AM
jk47

for some reason my friend prefers his original t maxx over his savage x 4.1. dude i'm so hyped about da mgt 3.0. does any body know of a role cage for it???                                                                                                                                                                                                              

evader st aquacraft hammer thunder tiger zt2 micro t soon to be mgt 3.0 yea I Know it's hard to beleive I have been drivin rc for six years and no nitros except my fantacy mgt 3.0
Old 07-09-2009, 03:36 AM
AMOUREDTANK

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For all of you that say you love the truck and haven't had any issues. How is the Rx/Tx? I read on here and was told buy a few hobby shops that they are crap. Any information would be great.
Old 07-10-2009, 10:47 AM
ilanstylz
My Feedback: (12)

I think the rx/tx that comes with the mini is crap but thats my opinion......... When I did use it i always had problems with interferance or something, because I was always losing signal between the two and for some reason it seemed like my servo's wouldn't respond until after my engine was warmed up a little bit, iono what the cause of that was but that was weird to me............ I've since then put in the spektrum dx3s in all my rc's and haven't looked back since.......
Old 07-10-2009, 10:52 AM
elven wizard

Rating between the Mgt 3.0 and Tmaxx there both good trucks. If you can get both in time. I run one then when I feel like it, I run the other. Both from good companies. Parts support I would lean towards Traxxas.

Elven Wizard
Old 07-10-2009, 09:04 PM
AMOUREDTANK

Do you think the Tx/Rx would be ok for just bashing within 50ft of the RC or is it really that bad? I just wont have to money to go out and get that $200 Tx/Rx right away. It's just hard to beat a Nitro MT for under $250
Old 07-11-2009, 10:19 AM
jermainezey

I have the mmgt 3.0 i wanna know if any one if the 8.0 tranny will work on the mmgt 3.0
Old 07-11-2009, 12:05 PM
CranKitUP

AMOUREDTANK - i havent had any major problems with my radio. Only problem i have is when i first turn the power on...it take a about 10 secs to start respounding to any input from the remote, but once it starts works fine. The range is a little limited also...but it goes far enough for me.

jermainezey - The 8.0 tranny wont fit in the mini with out MAJOR modification...and even then i dont think it will work
funny... cause tower has it listed as an option for the 3.0....
Old 07-11-2009, 05:59 PM
Bluethunder3320

yeah ive got one its my first and one and only nitro. it seems like way more than 30+mph maybe 45 to 50 i got mine all tuned up. whats realy cool is an onboard camera on the mini m its sooo cool broke my camera in a rollover tho[:@] arg it was $200 anyways great truck highly modifyable im probly gunna change the motor maybe to the 8.0cc!! has anyone done that? id reeeeeely want to see it!! wheelies galore!! last time i told someone they said itd flip on only 1/4 throttle!! amazing anyways da mmgt is my favorite truck thats why i did a LOT of research and i came up with the mmgt. HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT!!!! pones erevo savage or anything. i rode it 2day
Old 07-11-2009, 06:24 PM
AMOUREDTANK

I can't argue that it's a great truck.. but I can argue that it is highly modifiable. The only company making hopups its integy. And personally I'd rather use parts made of silly putty.
Old 07-12-2009, 01:19 PM
jermainezey

integy.
i want to put in a larger engine and i heard the stock tranny gears can't hold up to any engine bigger then the stock .18 i want put in a .21 or sum thing like that am not sure i know what ever i put in am going to soup it up
Old 07-12-2009, 01:59 PM
CranKitUP

LOL...i had a Axial .32 (torque monster) and currently the .28rr in my mini...... and ive had NO problems with the tranny.
There are a few other peps on here that have big blocks also....and i dont believe they have any problems neither.

I got the New Era BB conversion and haven't look back since....
Ive heard peps havin problems with the Tmaxx BB conversion...changing chassis, other drivetrain parts, and parts noT holding up to the extra power of a BB. Not so with the mini... its very ez....
Get Big Block engine and pipe...put New Era mount on engine...install engine with stock flywheel and clutch setup....replace 1 crankbell (the one near the engine to convert to slide carb) thats also included in new era kit.... drive it and SMILE
Old 07-13-2009, 02:28 PM
jermainezey

thanks that what am going to do sound like fun
Old 07-14-2009, 11:21 AM
jermainezey

do any one know if the fiber brakes disc are better then the stock ones on the mmgt 3.0
Old 07-14-2009, 01:54 PM
ilanstylz
My Feedback: (12)

I'm not sure if their better, but I think the stock brakes on the mmgt are some of the best stock brakes on any rtr vehicles......... I have to cut down the brake perc. on my dx3s because whenever I braked with it at 100perc. it would make my car flip over depending on how fast I was going.......
Old 07-18-2009, 04:41 AM
cumquat

how good of a racer is it? i am thinking about getting one but i would like to race more than bash.
Old 07-22-2009, 03:46 PM
jermainezey

do u know where i can get the engine they used in the 8.0 mgt i want one to put in my 3.0 mmgt
Old 07-22-2009, 06:26 PM
CranKitUP

BAD idea.....for one, it wont fit....even with the New Era BB Kit. Second ...waaaay over kill, and it wont even be that fast...just crazy low end torque with will most likely ruin the drivetrain.

Better off getting a good .28 or even a .21...which will be faster and have more then enough power for such a small truck!

.....But to answer your question...try tower or ebay
Old 07-22-2009, 06:34 PM
jermainezey

AE .21 FOR MGT this is the engine am going to used i order it today i just got find the sit thats has bb kit and i got find a big block pipe system that will work

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.