Community
Search
Notices
Team Associated - Monster GT Discuss all things AE MGT right here!

Anyone Have a Mini MGT?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2010, 10:06 PM
CranKitUP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Anyone Have a Mini MGT?

Honestly, i think Ive abused my Mini too much. I had a .32 engine in my Mini at one point. I bash and i bash HARD! ! I went thru 2 chassis since i had my truck....and now i see that my body wont even fit on the truck properly. Looks like the front and back body mounts moved closer together...lol..chassis # 3. BENT chassis! The last month of the summer i was really hard on my truck [sm=punching.gif]... Insane bashing and jumping (not the mention the many bad landings). Got some great video though...just no one to edit it.
In stock form, the mini is one tough truck for its size! I'm really surprised that i didn't break more parts..arms, hubs, mounts, dog bones. I have a stack of stock replacement parts that i never needed.
Old 02-28-2010, 10:44 PM
1mtx1

what u just said has been said by so many. for my self the small things i have seen with my new truck has got me kinda iffy about how it will hold up. i do have to say i just will b smart and wait for a nice day and see if i can get things goin right.what kind of temps where the stock engine running? i will try to get things going next sunday if it does not snow bad wen or thursday. oh yea i might have to run traxxas fuel. i know alot of people say its crap and there is people that have run this stuff with no issue. i have to say in the past 5 + years running 20% or there 33% i never had a issue. on a side note man did i miss my rc's. i have a few electrics i might get up and goin. or mayb another 1/8 buggy ? lol nah i gota save my money
thanks for your help guys
Old 03-01-2010, 04:54 AM
CranKitUP

No need to worry...Team Associated is reputable company, know for building quality rc's...it not like u brought a Redcat..

The stock engine always seem to run hot. I only had it in my truck for about a month before i changed it. If i riched i up, it ran sluggish and would bearly shift to second gear. It actually perform well running hot...but i wanted more power! So with switch to the O.S. CVR .18...that wasnt enough so i converted it to a Big Block.
As for the traxxas fuel....i USE to ran it also because thats all my LHS had. My pullstarter would always slip and i had problems with the one-way bearing. But if it works for u , use it.[8D]
Old 03-01-2010, 10:44 AM
jermainezey

No need to worry...Team Associated is reputable company, know for building quality rc's...it not like u brought a Redcat..

The stock engine always seem to run hot. I only had it in my truck for about a month before i changed it. If i riched i up, it ran sluggish and would bearly shift to second gear. It actually perform well running hot...but i wanted more power! So with switch to the O.S. CVR .18...that wasnt enough so i converted it to a Big Block.
As for the traxxas fuel....i USE to ran it also because thats all my LHS had. My pullstarter would always slip and i had problems with the one-way bearing. But if it works for u , use it.

red cats rc are just as good as any other rc/s i got my first red cat a year ago i bash it harder then i do my mini mgt 3.0 but the red cat just does not break. it is a torando bb buggy with a vx .18 i have since bought a red cat onroad kit. all i need for it is a engine i like all rc and red cat is just as good as any other rc but just for better price and the parts are low price as well. red cat are good rc as well
Old 03-01-2010, 11:43 AM
CranKitUP

LOL....
You get what u pay for...PERIOD!
U should try using punctuation when u type, so we can clearly understand what you're saying...dont know when your sentences are beginning or ending... .
Old 03-01-2010, 12:37 PM
CranKitUP

I had a blast last year with my mini...but this year im focusing on my big MGT. I dont have the time to maintain 2 trucks.
Over time, i acquired alot of stock replacement parts for the Mini....

These are going to end up on ebay one day...but untill that time comes, if anybody needs any Mini MGT parts PM me.

Old 03-01-2010, 04:11 PM
jermainezey

how much for the mail frame and the stock manifold
Old 03-01-2010, 04:45 PM
CranKitUP

The stock manifold is not in good condition. It works fine but it as baked on dirt and grime. it can be cleaned but I never tried. I'll post a pick of it when I get to my comp. If u want it just pay for shipping. About The other part...is that the chassis u talking about?
Old 03-01-2010, 05:31 PM
jermainezey

i take the manifold just like it is and i want chassis so how much , u can email at [email protected]
Old 03-02-2010, 01:18 AM
1mtx1

i got my fail safe and hump pack. with the hump pack things to seam to move alot faster so im happy. i have the next few days off from work to take care of some stuff. so i hope i can fit in getin this truck goin . if not i will wait to this sunday or some time next week. any one get some wobble from there dog bones? i thought it was my tires but after lookin it over it was the dog bones.I all so looked at the hex and they would go around flush and at one point it would wobble a little. after lookin it over ( i did not take it all apart) it looked to b right. i had this with some electrics and othere nitros but not as bad. hmmmm
Old 03-02-2010, 09:05 AM
jermainezey

if its the dog bones i would just call up team ae and get the free replacement parts then u will be good to good
Old 03-02-2010, 09:15 AM
CranKitUP

....Again...there's nothing wrong with the dogbone/axial. Its just the way it was made....which will not effect durability.
Old 03-02-2010, 05:15 PM
1mtx1

^^^^ thank you
I got some 20 % traxxas fuel today and i said f-it i will see if i can get things goin. it was around 40 or so it did drop down to 35 with alot of wind. i was able to run 4 tanks of fuel . i had to change the stock glow plug cuz my glow starter was not connecting to it well. i was able to run one plug for the first 4 tanks but it i might have to change . I was getin some crazy wheel wobble at times it looked like the truck would roll over but it did not . it was a bumpy ride but it drives straight and all is good i guess lol. I went with driving slow for the first 3 tanks and went up to full for a sec or 2 on the 4th tanks i was seein temps from 110- 184. I started to lean the high speed after the second tank. its close to the stock seting now wich is like 2 1/2. im getin alot of smoke so after 4 tanks im real rich. my next step 5th tank is to lean the high speed get that set. i might have to lower the idle a tad , and get the low speed set its REAL rich. so to sum it up it drives well with the wheel wobble i do have to say if i go full speed and hit some bumps in the road or take a turn to fast the wobble might lead to a issue. On a side note the electronics do stink with this remote there was like 2 times where my fail safe kicked in. for those 2 times it was in the same area and when i went back there a few times it did not happen. sorry no vids i wanted to get some up so u guys can see how it was actin. vids in the next week or so for sure.
thanks joe
Old 03-03-2010, 06:44 PM
redfox03

i finally ran the mini mgt today. quite an impressive truck. i put 5 tanks through the big block and it ran really good. around the 4th or 5th tank i realized that the big block .21 is overkill in this truck and i like it! i saw a hint of a wheelie even though i was just rollin on the throttle a 1/4 at a time. the stock muffler definately sucks some performance from it, but it's just temporary till i get my new header this week and i can put on a big block pipe. but so far so good. the wheels kind of stopped wobbling. when i ran the first tank i really realized how horrible the wobble was. but i know one thing, when the snow melts and i can get this thing tuned and in some dirt it's going to be awesome. oh yeah, my temps were 180-184 for the first few tanks just like yours 1mtx1 even though im not running the stock motor. at the 5th tank i leaned it a quarter turn and it's in the 212-226 range. i leaned it a quarter turn after the 2nd tank also but still kept it on the bubbly rich side. it was 40 degrees here today, and i was about to take the mgt 4.6 out, but i wanted to get the mini broke in so that way they are both ready to rip it up.
Old 03-03-2010, 08:15 PM
jermainezey

what big block .21 do u have in your
Old 03-03-2010, 10:27 PM
redfox03

i've got the dynamite .21 mach 2. i think it has the 8.5 venturi in the carb out the box. i haven't took it out yet, but when i do i'm quite sure this motor will flip my truck over.
Old 03-04-2010, 12:20 AM
jermainezey

i have a ae .21 engine with .21 mainfold and .21 tuned pipe in my mini mgt 3.0
Old 03-05-2010, 02:36 PM
1mtx1

hey guys i just ran my 6th tank of fuel a few min ago. i started to see the second gear kick in. i still am seeing a lot of smoke. so i felt im stll on the rich side. i drove off road a tad and with the body on seen some temps around 260-270 ish. i did some high speed runs and checked the temps and i seen 303-315 i lowered the high speed and got the temps down to the 240-250 range. i had a little fuel left so i called it a day. i checked my plug and it sure looked shot. i checked it and sure enough it was dead. i wana know why was is running hot well it was cold out side(40) and i only did a few high speed runs? i have my low speed set pretty well and my idle is fine. i was thinkng of cuting a few more holes in the body. i have cut one in the front , even at 260 and that few secs of higher temps i just dont see the glow plug dieing on me.
Old 03-05-2010, 02:40 PM
1mtx1

oh yea it never flamed out and showed NO signs of the glow plug failing. on a side note the plug was not new but in working order at the time of starting the truck.
Old 03-05-2010, 08:52 PM
jermainezey

u should always use a new pulg for break in then right after that replace it , far as the temp goes sould like u may be to lean or u have a bad air leak some where also what per cent fuel are u using and what kind ,u might want to use traxxas top fuel 20% i use it in all my r/c s and i have them really lean but my temps stay nice and low
Old 03-06-2010, 12:46 AM
1mtx1

ORIGINAL: jermainezey

u should always use a new pulg for break in then right after that replace it , far as the temp goes sould like u may be to lean or u have a bad air leak some where also what per cent fuel are u using and what kind ,u might want to use traxxas top fuel 20% i use it in all my r/c s and i have them really lean but my temps stay nice and low
i am using traxxas 20 % and it dont look like i have a bad air leak at all. i was having a issue with the stock glow plug my glow starter would not connect to the plug. (i am not using the one that came with the truck)i have like 10 plugs and most of them are still in good workikn order. i understand this motor will run on the hot side. i wana say my idle and low speed is set fine. its just the high speed im having a issue. i did some basic driving and close to the end of the tank i did some high speed runs and seen a few higher temps. i was driving with my body on and the truck showed no signs of being to lean. there was blue smoke and i have to say it was set fine my second gear was kicking in . i know the body was on and i was using a glow plug i used in the past but i just dont wana lower the high end and not be able to hit second gear. if im around 285 and i dont go threw my plugs and the truck drives fine i dont see a issue. sunday is the day i can run more then 1 tank its gona b around 50-55 deg. any advice as far as the high end goes im a tad past the stock seting wich is a little after 2 1/2 ? the glow plug was dead when i took it out. the truck showed no signs of any issues but a few sec of higher temps and a few high speed runs
Old 03-06-2010, 08:06 AM
jermainezey

what kind of plug are u useing have u tryed the mc cory 59 plug i use it in my .18 and .21 engine my temp are good u may need to cut the body out more
Old 03-06-2010, 12:32 PM
1mtx1

m going to cut another hole have a few diff plugs i will try to run a few tanks tomrrow. if i have to run it real rich so it dont run to hot and mess up my plug i will take a ride to my lhs and see if i can get a plug or 2.
Old 03-06-2010, 02:07 PM
jermainezey

try to cut out the body where the engine is
Old 03-06-2010, 03:28 PM
1mtx1

ORIGINAL: jermainezey

try to cut out the body where the engine is
i have to head off to work in a few min. i ran one tank of fuel a few min ago. i changed the glow plug and i did not cut another hole yet. the truck drove great it was around 235 deg or so. the second gear needs to b set so it shifts a tad sooner. the truck rolled a few tmes and i might try to lower the truck . i have my red springs on the outer should i put the front red ones on the inner shockes? oh yea if any one is gona run the stock remote u should get a fail safe for sure. i had mayb 1 or 2 times where i lost my signal. nothing crazy i dont drive to far away. for the most part its not a bad truck i dont think it is somthing i would dump alot of money in to. i think a 1/8 buggy is somthing i might look in to some time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.