Community
Search
Notices
Team Associated - Monster GT Discuss all things AE MGT right here!

Anyone Have a Mini MGT?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2010, 04:57 PM
jermainezey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Anyone Have a Mini MGT?

the plugs play a big part in the temps if i was u i would leave the shift point where it is for now until the tranny is broken in just drive it and get the enging tune right and in enjoy it like that for a while far as the springs i still have the stock ones all the way around i just change the shock oil to 60 wt oil, i have 1/10 scale buggy and i love it
Old 03-06-2010, 11:55 PM
MiniMGT3.0

What glow plugs do you use?
Old 03-07-2010, 01:08 AM
1mtx1

as fair as plugs i have so many diff ones , im gona leave the shift point for now. im gona drop the truck and see what works well. i just got home from work. they let me leave kinda early i guess . im goin to get a chance to run more then 1 tank sunday . im gona run one to see how it drives and go from there. i have to get some things done like the low end, ride hight, and i wana see if my remote shows any issues well im out in a open feild. i will report back
Old 03-07-2010, 09:58 AM
jermainezey

What glow plugs do you use
i used mccory 59 plug
Old 03-07-2010, 10:01 AM
jermainezey

as fair as plugs i have so many diff ones , im gona leave the shift point for now. im gona drop the truck and see what works well. i just got home from work. they let me leave kinda early i guess . im goin to get a chance to run more then 1 tank sunday . im gona run one to see how it drives and go from there. i have to get some things done like the low end, ride hight, and i wana see if my remote shows any issues well im out in a open feild. i will report back
i keep the stock springs on my truck and just lower and i adjusted the turning from the turning rate on the remote, i just put a fail safe on my truck because my reciver is going bad, i have a traxxas three channel one but it to big to fit it
Old 03-07-2010, 11:25 AM
1mtx1

ORIGINAL: jermainezey

i keep the stock springs on my truck and just lower and i adjusted the turning from the turning rate on the remote, i just put a fail safe on my truck because my reciver is going bad, i have a traxxas three channel one but it to big to fit it
im just waiting for it to get a tad warmer out side.
Old 03-07-2010, 01:06 PM
1mtx1

i just got back in i ran about 2 full tanks of fuel. the truck drove great it did roll a few times but that was cuz the dirt/grass was all f-ed up. i should get some new glow plugs for sure. when the truck would start i would try to put the body on but the truck would turn off. my idle is fine so it must b my plugs for sure. even when the truck would start i would give some gas the truck would turn off. any one eles think my plug is the issue?
Old 03-07-2010, 04:50 PM
jermainezey

i just got back in i ran about 2 full tanks of fuel. the truck drove great it did roll a few times but that was cuz the dirt/grass was all f-ed up. i should get some new glow plugs for sure. when the truck would start i would try to put the body on but the truck would turn off. my idle is fine so it must b my plugs for sure. even when the truck would start i would give some gas the truck would turn off. any one eles think my plug is the issue?
makes sure that your idle is open to the point when u hit brakes it does not closed your carb, also make sure ur tune is right and make sure ur engine is up to temp b4 u remove the glow starter
Old 03-07-2010, 05:46 PM
1mtx1

my idle is fine i just ran a thank when i give it gas the truck will cut off. i think there is a chance i have to get the temps up i will leave the glow starter on for a few mor secs befor i get up and goin. i leaned it out a tad and im very happy how it drives. the front end lifts up and i get alot of smoke and im around 240 deg so im happy with that. the low end is still a tad rich but there is no issue with that so i will leave it for now. it sure does wana roll i might try some new tires . i heard every one goes with a half inch off set
Old 03-07-2010, 08:33 PM
jermainezey

my idle is fine i just ran a thank when i give it gas the truck will cut off. i think there is a chance i have to get the temps up i will leave the glow starter on for a few mor secs befor i get up and goin. i leaned it out a tad and im very happy how it drives. the front end lifts up and i get alot of smoke and im around 240 deg so im happy with that. the low end is still a tad rich but there is no issue with that so i will leave it for now. it sure does wana roll i might try some new tires . i heard every one goes with a half inch off set
u may want to lean ur low end that may be why the engine is shuting off
Old 03-08-2010, 03:16 PM
1mtx1

ORIGINAL: jermainezey

u may want to lean ur low end that may be why the engine is shuting off
i ran the truck yesterday i feel the truck is still on the rich side but the truck drives fine. when i start the truck i would try to put the body on but the truck would die. i messed with the idle and that helped. i put a new glow plug in and with the body off i was still seeing low temps around 205 but i dont wana keep leanin the high end to get the temps up if the truck drives great. i leaned the low end a tad and that helped great. i just ran a few tanks befor and when i start the truck give it gas it would die. i know that will happen if the high end is to rich or the glow plug is bad or the low end is lean. i know the glow plug is fine and the low end is good. so i started the truck let it sit with the glow starter on and idle for like 15 secs or so then i started to work the gas and all was good.
Old 03-09-2010, 03:33 PM
1mtx1

hey guys i had the truck out befor and it was acting nuts. i would get it to start then i would drive it for a few sec then try to put the body on then it would die. it would idle fine but i would make it a tad higher then drive it around then the idle was to high cuz the truck would take off at idle. so i would lower that and i took the truck off road for a few min i checked the truck and i seen temps around 270 ish . then it went up to 303 , its crazy cuz the truck shows no signs of lean and there is alot of smoke. i backed off the high end and got the temps down and the truck drove fine. it did die on me it seams like when i start the truck drve it around and try to put the body on it cuts off. my low end is fine i just ran a tank i lost signal a few times and called it a day. is this motor this picky?
Old 03-10-2010, 01:47 AM
MiniMGT3.0

I didn't run my truck with my body on till I had fully broken the engine in due that reason.
Old 03-10-2010, 02:17 AM
1mtx1

i just dont understand what is going on. i got home from work and looked at the carb and its open enough that the truck should b fine. i dont mind starting the truck drive it around for a min or so then put the body on but it would die on me. i feel like my low end is fine it will idle fine and take off great and it will speed up for a 2 secs or so and die when i do the pinch test. i do have to say my high speed one day is like 2 1/2 then i lean it out more the next day and so on.when i drive the truck kinda hard the temps go up up up. even with alot of smoke etc etc
Old 03-10-2010, 06:32 AM
CranKitUP

With my MMGT the stock engine seem to always run hot when the truck was running good. When the HSN is rich my truck would run sluggish.
I didnt have the engine long enough to figure it out [sm=confused.gif]
Old 03-10-2010, 01:30 PM
1mtx1

i just ran a tank i cut a hole so i could have the body on and pull the starter that worked out well. i got the truck up and going did some high speed runs and seen temps around 235 with some good smoke and my idle was fine and low end was fine. the truck cut out a few times when i did some fast burps around on the gas. my high speed is like a 1/4 turn leaner then the 2 1/2 the truck comes. it cut off 2 times but it drove great. i checked the plug and it looked as if the truck was running a tad lean. i turn backed the high end but my tank ran out of fuel. the temps out side i would say would b around 45ish or so. i could turn the high speed a 1/4 rich or lean where i am at and it dont do much. im trying to get around 240 deg good take off good smoke and the plug dont burn out.
Old 03-10-2010, 03:23 PM
1mtx1

i ran 2 more tanks a few min ago i made the idle a tad higher and that helped would the low end play a role in the truck starting and wanting to die? in the past i would hate to mess with the low end to much. the temps where around 260 and had good top end and the normal smoke and with the idle now a tad higher it would idle fine but if i press the brake at idle the sound would slow down a tad. i know the idle is a tad off but i dont see a issue.
Old 03-12-2010, 02:41 PM
1mtx1

any one been running there truck? bad weather has been my issue for the past few days
Old 03-13-2010, 12:26 AM
MiniMGT3.0

Nope,.
Old 03-13-2010, 08:14 AM
1mtx1

still alot of rain i guess i will have to wait for tue or wen. i am off next thursday its gona b close to 60 deg. i might try to lean the low end a tad and back off the idle. i will let u guys know how that goes.
Old 03-17-2010, 03:14 PM
1mtx1

hey i wanted to thank you guys for your help. the truck can b a pain in the butt but its not bad for the price. at this time im selling my truck and all the stuff i have built up over the years to help get some extra money. i should have it sold in a hour or so. it sucks but the guy thats gona buy it sounds like he will put her to use.he was confused about geting parts cuz he never buys stuff from online hobby stores. anyways thanks guys have fun
Old 07-26-2010, 03:54 AM
MiniMGT3.0

Hello eerybody, been almost a year since I broke mine so I am going to DEFINITELY get the parts tonight.
Anybody else been running theirs recently??
Old 07-30-2010, 03:43 AM
MMGT

I'm planning on converting my MMGT to electric soon, I will update when I start ordering parts.
Old 07-31-2010, 06:06 AM
jermainezey

i put a .21 in my mini i just got replace i few parts that i broke about 8 month ago ,am bout to build me a mgt 4.6 i got the frame and a few other parts
Old 08-12-2010, 04:29 PM
buttdud1122

anyone else having tranny problems with the mmgt? i have had to replace tranny parts left and right... ie dog bones, 2! clutch bells, spur gears, center drive shafts, etc.... i still have the stock motor and the slipper clutch is set to the factory. i have had the hobby shop check everything out and they said everything looks normal so idk! i might be putting an os cv rx in mine soon...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.