Community
Search
Notices
Team Associated - Monster GT Discuss all things AE MGT right here!

Anyone Have a Mini MGT?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 10:58 PM
1mtx1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Anyone Have a Mini MGT?

ORIGINAL: redfox03

i do the slow driving for about several tanks, slightly leaning it about a 1/4 turn each tank. i think around the 5 or 6th tank i do full throttle for a couple of seconds then let off. you can check youtube for break in methods. heat cycle method is pretty good too, might break in the new engine i get for my mini mgt that way.
yea thats what im gona do i read that they want u to lower the high speed befor u start your truck is that what it says? i know its real cold where im at and i have to do some stuff to get the temps up befor i even take my truck out .I was thinking of leavin it and do the same as you. lean the high speed to i get it runing good. then make my way to the low speed and then the idle (if i have to). I sure do hope its nice and easy but i doubt it will go easy. its cold and its gona snow in a few days so im gona just have to hold off on getin it up and goin.
Old 02-18-2010, 11:02 PM
1mtx1

i have been readin and i do think with the red shock springs i ordered as well will help with the truck goin on its side etc. I heard that i dont have to put the shock springs on all the shocks just the outer ones or something like that is this true? This is what im gona do if im wrong let me know. im gona change ALL the springs to the RED ones and Lower the truck. will that work ? then im gona have to get some fuel and im good to go.
thanks
Joe
Old 02-19-2010, 12:41 PM
1mtx1

hmmmmmm
Old 02-20-2010, 01:04 AM
1mtx1

i sure do wish this place would have more people checkin up this thread . I have a few questions such as ride hight and how many red shock springs should i use? is it ok to run med-hot glow plugs along with 20% nitro in weather that is 35-45 deg? my plugs i have left where from my tmaxx and they are long reach and made to go along with the bs easy start . there still in good workin order
Old 02-20-2010, 01:35 AM
redfox03

you can just run 4 red springs on the outer shocks. i do the same thing with my big mgt. to lower it, take the shock spacers off and that will lower it. hope this helps. sounds like that should be fine with the plugs and fuel you have. just gotta play with the tune till you hit that sweet spot. ill be running my mini in a few weeks. soon as the weather breaks.
Old 02-20-2010, 08:38 AM
1mtx1

can u show me how your truck looks with the springs please? im gona wait a week or 2 befor i get my new truck out. i still have to pick up some fuel and i think i should b ready to go. thanks
Joe
Old 02-20-2010, 09:13 AM
1mtx1

oh yea should i leave the stock needle setings and back off the high speed 1/4 befor i start it for the first time? im lookin at 40-45 deg or so. i might try to start my first tank well its in side of my house.hmmm
Old 02-21-2010, 03:33 AM
1mtx1

i have heard that there gona stop makin this truck by this summer has any one eles heard this? kinda sucks cuz i just placed a order. for the most part alot of the online websites that sale the mgt 3.0 will only carry parts if the truck is in stock,on order etc . IF they stop makin the 3.0 it will become harder to get parts . For that i have sent team associated a question once again asking about the 3.0
here is what i said..........

Hi my name is Joe and i just placed a order for a MMGT 3.0 rtr . I know there has been alot of people askin if you guys will keep making the 3.0. For the most part i have read you guys say it will be made and the issue goes away.Once again it has come up i heard that you guys will stop making the 3.0 by this summer. Is there any truth to this? I just want to make sure i can stock up on parts . I find that most online websites that carry the 3.0 will only sell parts if they have the mgt 3.0 in stock, on order etc and if its is discontinued there will b no option to buy parts for the mgt 3.0. Thank you

If the only option is to buy from team associated i dont mind if they have the parts i need who cares. its just when ebay is the only option thats where i would have a issue. lets say i need a rear shock tower i dont want it to turn in to a bidding war . im still happy with getin it but this will b on the back of my mind over the next few months. i have thought of buying some parts and just putin them away.
Old 02-21-2010, 03:32 PM
redfox03

no prob, i'll snap a pic of my mgt 4.6 with the spring setup to show you how it looks. nah, for break in, just run the needles how it says in the manual. you can heat it up the engine with a hair dryer and wrap aluminum foil or an old sock over the engine head to keep it at operating temps. i heard the same rumor about the mini being discontinued, but this was last year and it's still here. so more than likely it's just a rumor.
Old 02-21-2010, 11:42 PM
1mtx1

ORIGINAL: redfox03

no prob, i'll snap a pic of my mgt 4.6 with the spring setup to show you how it looks. nah, for break in, just run the needles how it says in the manual. you can heat it up the engine with a hair dryer and wrap aluminum foil or an old sock over the engine head to keep it at operating temps. i heard the same rumor about the mini being discontinued, but this was last year and it's still here. so more than likely it's just a rumor.
i think i read it said something like u should back off the highg speed 1/4 a turn and then go from there. i never heard of such a thing.
Old 02-22-2010, 01:27 AM
redfox03

neither have i. i'll take a look at the manual also and see.
Old 02-22-2010, 02:30 AM
1mtx1

it said that u set the high speed and low speed .t if u have a rtr u dont have to do nothing cuz it come set up from the factory all u should do is back it off 1/4 a turn. kinda got me confused, for the most part if it wa a nice day i would just leave it alone but its pretty darn cold here as of late and i dont wana spend hours try to fire up this bad boy cuz they said to back off the high speed 1/4. if u can look it over and let me know what u think. i have a fail safe on the way and hump pack on its way. i just need some fuel and i should b good to go. Oh yea i was gona order some med glow plugs and i said f-it cuz my bill was getin kinda high lol. I sure do hope the one i have will b good. im thinking 20% with a med-hot plug should b ok.
Old 02-23-2010, 01:25 AM
1mtx1

i got a emal today from TA and i was told that they pretty much will keep it around if they still can keep makin money from it. it really does not answer my question but i guess for now we can still get them.
Old 02-23-2010, 02:34 PM
redfox03

i always double check the needles to make sure they are set right from the factory. i finally got the pic of my 4.6 mgt with the red springs. on the front the springs are on the inner shocks, and on the back they are on the outer. some people run both front and back on the outer shocks. but this seems to be working. i have some copper springs, but the blue/red setup keeps it from tipping. i also changed the shock spacers so it sits just a tad lower. the front is actually lower than the back. probably can't tell in the pic though.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca80747.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	166.6 KB
ID:	1385244  
Old 02-23-2010, 11:49 PM
MiniMGT3.0

Yeah, I've checked the pins in the drive shaft. Anybody else ever have problems with their diffs?
Old 02-24-2010, 12:57 AM
1mtx1

thanks for the pic. your truck is not the same as the one i will geting. You think if i set the springs up the same way it will work. i have not seen a mini with that kind of spring set up. as far as the high speed goes it said that u should back off the high speed 1/4 a turn befor you even fire it up.
Old 02-24-2010, 01:43 AM
CranKitUP

ORIGINAL: MiniMGT3.0

Yeah, I've checked the pins in the drive shaft. Anybody else ever have problems with their diffs?
Do u hear any clicking noise from the diff?
I had problems with my diff when i first got my MMGT....but i could here clicking noise before it went.

Also check that all 4 pins are in behind each wheel hex
Old 02-24-2010, 01:53 AM
1mtx1

hey mine should b here tomrrow, im goin to go over the truck and put some new springs on her.where is a few spots i should give a quick look over? im gona have thursday off from work so i could spend some time checkin out the truck and setin it up . if there is a diff issue right off the bat i would know befor i go threw the brake in or will it show its self well i get the truck up and goin?
Old 02-24-2010, 03:44 AM
MiniMGT3.0

yup, I do hear a clicking noise, if I do need to replace it will this be suitable? http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXTMF0&P=Z

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXTLW1&P=Z)
Old 02-24-2010, 04:12 AM
jermainezey

yup, I do hear a clicking noise, if I do need to replace it will this be suitable? http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXTMF0&P=Z

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&if I=LXTLW1&P=Z)
If u need to replace it u will be better getting this [link]http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXTLW1&P=M[/link]
Old 02-24-2010, 08:47 AM
CranKitUP

ORIGINAL: MiniMGT3.0

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXTLW1&P=Z)

If you get the Assembled Differential u may also need to replace the Pinion Gear>>> http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXTMA6&P=Z

If u get the Differential Pinion & Gear you will need to open your current diff and transfer the small Differential Gears inside over.

U should also consider shimming your diffs, i would at least shim the one your replacing while u have it out.
This shows how to do it on a MGT, but the MMGT is very similar....
http://www.monstergt.com/articles/tr..._diff_shim.php
Old 02-24-2010, 01:50 PM
redfox03

check over all of your screws, especially the metal to metal ones. check the diffs also and that should do it. maybe give the tranny a look inside too, i was thinking about opening mine up to see how it looks in there. i got my packages from amainhobbies.com today! new tires and rims for the big mgt and the new power plant for the mini. a dynamite .21 mach 2 motor! i'm dying the rims for my big mgt right now.
Old 02-24-2010, 02:39 PM
1mtx1

cool mine should b here in a few hours. i work to 2am but its cool cuz im off tomrrow. its gona rain and snow pretty bad tomrrow so i can mess with the truck. i have to wait for my fail safe and hump pack to come. im not gona mess with the diff at this point know some people say its a good idea to look it over. I just dont have the parts to do any work to the area .i have something to look foward to at work i cant wait for it to come. i do have to say there is a part of me that thinks mayb i should of went 1/8 monster or buggy.
Old 02-24-2010, 02:41 PM
1mtx1

oh yea a buddy of mine was usin that motor you got. he got a good deal on it and it really was easy to tune and i was thinking of getin one but i got out of the hobby.
Old 02-24-2010, 03:06 PM
redfox03

here's a pic of the new motor. its snowing here right now. we're supposed to get about 2 inches. so i still got a while till i run it. that's how i felt when i first got in the hobby, i should've went 1/8th scale, but at the time i didnt know i was going to love the hobby this much. i started off with a 1/10th scale hpi mt2.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki18547.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	158.0 KB
ID:	1385931  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.