Community
Search
Notices
Team Associated - Monster GT Discuss all things AE MGT right here!

OFFICIAL MONSTER GT 8.0, MMGT FORUM

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2008, 11:31 PM
scottywilkes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OFFICIAL MONSTER GT 8.0, MMGT FORUM

well it is a .50 so its gonn suck the juice very fast
Old 01-11-2008, 11:55 PM
easyrabbit

ORIGINAL: rick442

just got a mgt 8.0 , ran about 1000ml 20% nirto (i guess about 6-8 tanks) so far. Anyone have any good carb setings ? How about run times seam like i burn fuel quick ?
Does not really matter, the truck does suck up gas. I never really lean it out too much. After about the 10th tank or so I started doing wheelies. Maybe I am slow at breaking in or maybe this thing just takes a few tanks to get comfortable.

Is it possible to install 2 tanks or a bigger tank?
Old 01-12-2008, 12:03 AM
hilifemt

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what do you guys get for run time in the 8.0? time it out for an accurate measure. i've timed the .28 stock engine out several times. and running wide open with the exception of turning here and there i averaged 11-12 minutes. i think it does matter because i ran 14 gallons in 2007 from march till september. 6 months= alot of money in fuel. hence why i mix my own fuel now. at half the cost of store bought fuel. let me know accurate run times. thanks
Old 01-12-2008, 12:06 AM
easyrabbit

ORIGINAL: hilifemt

what do you guys get for run time in the 8.0? time it out for an accurate measure. i've timed the .28 stock engine out several times. and running wide open with the exception of turning here and there i averaged 11-12 minutes. i think it does matter because i ran 14 gallons in 2007 from march till september. 6 months= alot of money in fuel. hence why i mix my own fuel now. at half the cost of store bought fuel. let me know accurate run times. thanks
I will time it next time for you. When I said it does not matter I meant whether your carb settings are good or lean or rich or what ever. The sucker sucks up the gas
Old 01-12-2008, 10:19 AM
rick442

thanks, what kinda glow plug you been running rabbit ?
Old 01-12-2008, 11:32 AM
easyrabbit

All different kinds but mainly mediums.
Old 01-12-2008, 12:30 PM
rick442

just ran 2 more tanks. Tightened up the sliper clutch, now front wheels are starting to pull off the ground. Did you have to mess with any other carb setting other then high speed ?
Old 01-12-2008, 05:10 PM
easyrabbit

Be careful with the slipper. I did not have to tighten it for it to do wheelies. The truck comes in to its own after a little while, give it some time. It is kinda cool. The more you use it the better it works... then in my case, I busted it LOL.... but that shall be remedied shortly!

I never touched the low end needle. Once I had the high end where I wanted it the truck had decent torque and I was happy. I run on the rich side and try to keep the temp around 200-220. After 10 tanks or so it really has torque. Not like the tires kinda come off the ground but, if I pull to much I flip it over on its back. The sucker has some serious power. I think it is just a big engine and it takes its time to come to full power. When it does it is a beautiful thing.
Old 01-12-2008, 07:20 PM
tuclai

I finally get to play with the truck for realz! So I took all the aluminum, titanium parts from the old truck and put it on the brand new truck (Keeping it new!). I then took all the suspension, shocktowers and gear boxes from the new truck and put it on the old truck chassis. Took it out to the hills today WOW! Now I know why its called a Monster GT. Fun truck! Had no problem climbing 45 degree grade hills. It will wheelieing up the hills!
Old 01-12-2008, 07:41 PM
tuclai

Do you guys know if there is any problems with washing the truck down with water after running? I would only wash around the gearbox chassis and suspension. Of course I would avoid all electronics. But do we have to be concern with anything if I hose it down then use an aircompressor to blow out?
Old 01-12-2008, 07:46 PM
Snaut Rocket

IF its just dusty then i would use a air hose.
BUt if its really muddy, you should take the engine off (4 screws) the electronics (5) and you can leave the gearbox out if you want.
THen just just down and dry the metal parts like the bearings or spray them down with Wd40.
Old 01-12-2008, 09:09 PM
docphysics

Latest MGT domination vid. Its only a 4.6 though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3J7GwVQ4IQ
Old 01-13-2008, 11:43 AM
easyrabbit

ORIGINAL: docphysics

Latest MGT domination vid. Its only a 4.6 though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3J7GwVQ4IQ
Hey man this is the 8.0 forum not the wimpy 4.6 forum heheh I am a total MGT fan now so its cool

The T-Maxx driver is out classed by his truck. He spent more time out of control than in control LOL

It was classic watching the MGT just put around the track and just let the T-Maxx flip and crash in to stuff and you still win LMAO.
Old 01-13-2008, 12:44 PM
docphysics

yea, I need to find RC friends with better skills.
Old 01-15-2008, 12:41 AM
ScatteredFormat

anyone have any new vids?? I'd put one up but unfortunately we're not up and runnin right now :/
Old 01-16-2008, 12:48 AM
hilifemt

ORIGINAL: ScatteredFormat

anyone have any new vids?? I'd put one up but unfortunately we're not up and runnin right now :/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-LlYLS2m6A

It's not an 8.0, but still a Monster GT, without big balls....so to speak.

The video is a tank I burned today at a local construction site with a little bit of snow. I just got a slightly used stock .28 engine and it's not quite tuned in right, and the shift point is a little early as well. I had a good time before stripping out a whelel hex...and I hit my wife(camera woman) I'm sure I wont hear the end of that, but she is okay, LOL No bruise even though the truck hit her pretty hard. anyway, here's my practically stock 4.6 MGT snow bashin'.
Old 01-16-2008, 12:57 AM
tuclai

I finally got my truck tuned yesterday by a tech at the local hobby shop. I guess after buying two of the same truck in less than a month they thought they give me a free tune up! I made sure I picked the guy that was most knowledgeable. Man he was driving this monster truck like it was a sports car! Cuttin sharp corners, whipping it left and right, doing three sixty spins, crazy! Made me realize I need to learn how to drive! Anyways about an hour of tunning the truck does wheelies left and right off the start (on flat asphalt too). I brought all my aluminum parts to a local machining polishing shop today to get everything polished to a mirror finish. Everything from chassis, to A Arms, shock towers, anything that was metal got sent out for polishing. Cant wait to see what that second truck will look like after the build. Anyways going to Vegas this weekend so I will be taking that truck out for spin on the desert roads!
Old 01-17-2008, 11:39 PM
easyrabbit

Talked to AE today and parts ARE STILL ON BACK ORDER IN CHINA!!!!

I'm kinda bummed at this point.
Old 01-18-2008, 09:00 AM
K223

It figures.....I guess there is no need to order my Team Shocks yet as I won't get them for some time. Luckily we can buy replacement parts on ebay, but most have found out about this and the prices keep getting runned up. Still you can find a decent buy from time to time. Hopefully these guys will keep tearing down trucks and selling the parts.

K223
Old 01-18-2008, 09:26 AM
easyrabbit

ORIGINAL: K223

It figures.....I guess there is no need to order my Team Shocks yet as I won't get them for some time. Luckily we can buy replacement parts on ebay, but most have found out about this and the prices keep getting runned up. Still you can find a decent buy from time to time. Hopefully these guys will keep tearing down trucks and selling the parts.

K223
Oh I dont think they will stop selling parts up there and yes I noticed the prices going up. I think more an more people are buying the truck but you are right, you can still slide in a good deal... at least a week or two ago. I have like a motor, 2 pipes, trans, 3 diffs, 2 clutch kits, brake kit, chassis, side rails, linkage... geez... I think I have enough to build another truck... Yea normal parts are not really an issue for me now. It is the FT parts I want like the shocks which is the first part I had them look up by the way and it is still in china as well (I guess some stuff made it here but not a lot). If there were a decent alternative to the shocks I would just get them elsewhere but it seems that the TA shocks are the ones to get.... so I shall wait Team Associated needs to get it together and fast.
Old 01-18-2008, 10:21 AM
K223

Maybe if enough people started to whine to them and let them know there are other vehicles out there to buy with parts more readily available it might make them work more effeciently and getting there imported parts here sooner. I know the truck and some of the hop ups are new, so I will cut them a break at least to some extent.

True if I could get a set of powerstrokes or something in a high end shock I would and be done with it. Luckily we can buy replacement stock shocks on ebay if we bust one right now. But from what I hear the aftermarket MGT shocks do not hold up and you need reliability with these big basher vehicles to at least give them a fighting chance at the construction site or doing the high jumps...LOL

Motors and Tranny's are selling very high now....I can probably find motor's cheaper in the buy it now's or elsewhere on the internet than on the auctions(What are some of these people thinking running things up so high...duh). Sounds like you can almost build a whole truck....LOL I have collected about two dozen replacement parts as well....And ones I think could certainly break or almost be hard to find like small screws and linkage peices. I managed to get a whole chassis as well for like 7 bucks...lol If it was machines like the factory part I would do lightening holes in it...But will leave as a stock replacement for now. I have one diff but need another and these two spares I will go ahead and take apart and shim if necessary....As the stock ones on the truck I will just run out for as long as they hold up I think. Be nice to grab another motor and trans eventually.

K223
Old 01-18-2008, 10:36 AM
hilifemt

what's the deal with the shocks? Are you blowing caps off? you can get FT aluminum caps and be done with it. The 8.0, with exception of a bigger engine and some gears, is the same truck as the 4.6. There really is no better shock for the MGT. Powerstrokes can be found for big money on ebay, but that's about it.
Old 01-18-2008, 11:04 AM
tuclai

Just broke an upper A arm yesterday out in LV! I got some vids of the truck running, just need to figure out how to upload this sucker after I get back home. I also noticed the coupler between the manifold and exhaust starting to tear a bit. Engine temperature never went beyond 220 degrees.
Old 01-18-2008, 01:01 PM
easyrabbit

ORIGINAL: tuclai

Just broke an upper A arm yesterday out in LV! I got some vids of the truck running, just need to figure out how to upload this sucker after I get back home. I also noticed the coupler between the manifold and exhaust starting to tear a bit. Engine temperature never went beyond 220 degrees.
Put RPM arms back on there for sure.

The exhaust pipe or that rubber piece, is that what you are talking about? I noticed that when doing wheelies this touches ground, suprised it does not cut off the engine LOL. This might be your problem?

I have an extra pipe for sale cheap if you need one LOL.
Old 01-18-2008, 01:07 PM
easyrabbit

ORIGINAL: hilifemt

what's the deal with the shocks? Are you blowing caps off? you can get FT aluminum caps and be done with it. The 8.0, with exception of a bigger engine and some gears, is the same truck as the 4.6. There really is no better shock for the MGT. Powerstrokes can be found for big money on ebay, but that's about it.
I have had NO problems with the stock shocks and jumped pretty big jumps (well the ones I landed right). I just want to put nicer ones on... more "durrable" and bling factor.

So when you say there is no better shock for the MGT you are talking about the FT's or Powerstrokes? Only problem with the PS's is that sooner or later you wont be able to get them or parts or what ever right? Other than that I would say screw Associated (never thought they made good shocks anyway) and put the PowerStrokes on there... or even BigBore Traxxas shocks... or how about shocks for a 1/8 truggy? Just throwin ideas out there.

Having said all that, so far the stock shocks have done me NO wrong. I think it is just that feeling I need to upgrade but maybe not... sheesh if they work are they any worse performing than expensive shocks?

Going to track today to bash up my truggy and buggy... I CAN get parts for those!!!! LOL. I really love the track but need to master the jumps and not hit stuff and.... well... generally learn it all from the ground up LOL. Maybe I will get some video footage and make another RacerRix special LOL....

Aloha....Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.