Community
Search
Notices
Team Associated - Monster GT Discuss all things AE MGT right here!

MGT 3.0 Tranny problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2009, 11:59 PM
sincityshooter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MGT 3.0 Tranny problem

I got my new mgt 3.0 today, started to break it in when i noticed is seems to go about 5 feet ( almost half throttle) then seems to be shifting into second and slipping. The rpms suddenly jump, it sounds like your revving the motor in neutral. If you let the rpms drop back down to almost an idle you can kinda see it click back into first, then you can drive it another 5 ft before it "seems" to shift into second and slip

I know they had a problem with the set screws in the cups, but there all there.

I called Associated they said the slipper might be loose, but its not. Or the one way barring could be bad or the clutch needs to be adjusted, i tried adjusting the clutch but nothing worked. Im gonna pull apart the trans and look at the one way bearing tonight

Has anyone had a similar problem or know of a solution
Old 02-19-2009, 05:23 AM
sincityshooter

Default RE: MGT 3.0 Tranny problem

after tearing it apart i noticed the forward/reverse didnt have much tension on it, it was able to be pulled out 3/8 of an inch so i tightened it up. Hopefully thats the problem
Old 02-25-2009, 02:04 AM
jermainezey

Default RE: MGT 3.0 Tranny problem

yea my tranny used to do the same thing i only had my mgt for bout 3 and half weeks now but i just drove it like it was and after a few day of just driving the damn hell out of it the tranny started work like it should and now i have one bad to the bone monster and thing i need now is a front dogbone i broke it a day ago after it hit a curb wide opening but it still goin i drove it today with out 4wd its still a bad 2wd but sum time the other front drive works then its a 3 wd
Old 06-15-2014, 02:32 PM
afeldscher

I know this is a really old form, but my MGT 3.0 does the same thing. I have tried adjusting the shift point which seems to have some effect but it doesn't seem like a solution. How did you end up fixing yours?