Community
Search
Notices
Team Associated - Monster GT Discuss all things AE MGT right here!

MGT 8.0 Transmission Removal

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2010, 03:28 PM
Zepher69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MGT 8.0 Transmission Removal

My MGT 8.0 is running only in reverse. I need to pull the transmission and have a look see, but the axles are getting in the way. Is there an easy way to remove the MGT 8.0 trans without stripping any bolts....
Old 05-05-2010, 10:36 AM
Zepher69

Default RE: MGT 8.0 Transmission Removal

What, no one has removed the transmission? Where do I get the clearance to pull it out? Do I release the drive shafts on the transmission side or the differential side? I don't want to strip a bolt and want to get the transmission out the easiest way possible. Thanks [sm=drowning.gif]
Old 05-06-2010, 08:36 AM
Zepher69

Default RE: MGT 8.0 Transmission Removal

Ok, got it out... took off the differential and it was easy. The MGT also had a ring clamp around a pin behind the transmission that I had to remove, before opening up the transmission. Could just take the pin out and leave the diffs in, I guess in retrospect... But I wanted to address the diffs as it's a used MGT 8.0, and I want to give it the once over before I unleash the beast. Transmisson forward gears were stripped, and I'm thinking about making it forward only w/ a conversion kit, to have less go wrong in the future. [8D]