RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Team Associated - Monster GT (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/team-associated-monster-gt-497/)
-   -   Monster GT anyone have one? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/team-associated-monster-gt-497/4050020-monster-gt-anyone-have-one.html)

Snaut Rocket 08-25-2007 08:41 PM

RE: Monster GT anyone have one?

hey guys whats so special about the 23mm wheels. I keep hearing alot of you getting them. I know theres more of a tire selection for them but is that it. Are they just a bigger wheel.

duckedup 08-25-2007 08:44 PM

You can get 23mm hex in Maxx and 40 series both. The larger hexes are to keep the rims from stripping out. Personally, I'd recommend going with 17mm instead, the 23mm put a lot of stress on the 14mm axle stubs, they are prone to breakage. If you do get 23mm, get the Dace adapters, people have had the most luck with those.

scottywilkes 08-25-2007 09:58 PM

DACE RULE, u will never break a axle or pin with dace hexes, as they use the old 14mm hex to mesh onto as opposed to the proline hexes which only use the axle pin.

The dace do not put alot more pressureo n the pin than the 14mm hexes, as it uses the 14mm hex. If u get 23, dace is the only way to go, the other will just strip out or break axle pins

Evader ---> MGT 08-25-2007 10:10 PM

Too late scotty, I already got it...

Hopefully it drops in alright...

I CAN"T WAIT!:D

scottywilkes 08-25-2007 10:13 PM

the first batches were pretty good, there been a bad batch lately and this is why alot of people are having trouble with them, so hopefully u got 1 out of a good batch, there pretty decent if its a good one.

duckedup 08-26-2007 12:29 AM

ORIGINAL: Evader ---> MGT

I'm Freaking gonna get an Axial .28!!!!

MY current engine took a serious crap on me, so I need a new one! W00T!

And what else do I need to have this babe running? A nova mount? Linkages? Flywheels?
Goodluck with it [sm=thumbup.gif] I'm pretty sure all you'll need is a longer throttle linkage. Everything else should be good.

Evader ---> MGT 08-26-2007 12:57 AM

I've actually seemed to make the stock linkage work with the brakes and carby. Yay! IDK, I'll start break in in the morning. I'm so happy!!!

I will get a longer linkage to feel safer, because the current one barely fits, but it'll work for a few tanks of running around.

scottywilkes 08-26-2007 01:15 AM

yeah i screwed with my collars and moved the horn so i could run the novarrosi carb, it holds up great. No need for a longer linkage

Evader ---> MGT 08-26-2007 03:13 AM

Yup, exactly what I did. Hopefully it holds up to a few jumps...

scottywilkes 08-26-2007 06:50 AM

put it this way, ive taken a few upside down landings, taken a 20 metre tumble down a steep hill, a few nosedives, a few rear enders, a few t bones, ALOT of wheelies and its still holding up AWESOME! :D

Snaut Rocket 08-26-2007 11:38 AM

congrats guys we just broke 7000 post
And duck up does the zombies fit directly on to the 23mm size wheels. Cause im going to get them in stead of the big joes becuse they are cheaper.

snowbl!nd 08-26-2007 11:48 AM

You can get 23mm hexes on both maxx size & 40 series wheels...

hpi firestorm 08-26-2007 01:45 PM

i have a question when my truck is at the last little bit of gas it takes of so what could i do to keep it from doing that?

Snaut Rocket 08-26-2007 01:51 PM

I dont understand your question. when your at the leat bit of gas you truck takes off. that doesnt make no sense.

hpi firestorm 08-26-2007 01:54 PM

i starts to rev high and starts to go a little bit faster

CTDave 08-26-2007 02:13 PM

Sounds like it is leaning out when the gas runs out.Try richening up the hs just a tweak and see if it helps.

hpi firestorm 08-26-2007 02:16 PM

ok

Coadster67 08-27-2007 08:56 PM

Well, My MGT is oficially famous here in welland.
I was at the skatepark doing some backflips offa the quarter pipes and stuff, and a paper guy came along and got a couple of good shots of my truck and I, as well as the truck catching some massive air. Then when he left, my throttle started sticking. disconnected it offa the servo and its binding up quite a bit. so i fugure ill pull it apart and clean it and whatnot. BTW can i use "nitro Blast" to clean out my carb or should i use WD-40?

BuzzBomber 08-27-2007 09:08 PM

nitro blast is fine. lube it with some after run or marvel mystery oil when you're done.

Snaut Rocket 08-27-2007 09:09 PM

I would use hpi nitro cleaner but its probably the same thing as the stuff you got.

Coadster67 08-27-2007 09:17 PM

Uhh, this may sound like a noob question, but how do you get the carb off? i took out the screw but nothings moving

Snaut Rocket 08-27-2007 09:46 PM

Can some one tell me why this wont work with the mgt.
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXPLZ9&P=SM
Read the spec if you dont believe me. I was going to get this one cause its got more rpm.

docphysics 08-27-2007 10:14 PM

Cuz you can't start it silly!!!!!!!!!! Its got more revies cuz less mass from no pull starter! :D

Evader ---> MGT 08-27-2007 10:34 PM

You need a starter box. Our chassis is a block w/ no holes for the flywheel.

Coadster67 08-28-2007 12:31 AM

Nvm, figured it out