RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Team Associated - Monster GT (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/team-associated-monster-gt-497/)
-   -   Monster GT anyone have one? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/team-associated-monster-gt-497/4050020-monster-gt-anyone-have-one.html)

scottywilkes 02-09-2008 04:55 PM

RE: Monster GT anyone have one?

its a MGT8.0, the spur gear brace is stock

Evader ---> MGT 02-10-2008 03:04 AM

DUH!:eek:

But it's shiny! Did you anodize it or something???

scottywilkes 02-10-2008 03:10 AM

ge got all his alloy parts polished at a polishing shop

Evader ---> MGT 02-10-2008 03:54 AM

Possibly, but most of his alloy parts are aftermarket. Seems like a waste to go to a shop... IDK[:o]

scottywilkes 02-10-2008 06:53 AM

its not possibly, he did, if u go into the 8.0 thread he states it lol, he wanted more "shine" HAHA

pmauceri 02-10-2008 10:28 PM

hey guys what if i use mixed gas instead of useing nitro gas in my mgt

hilifemt 02-10-2008 10:38 PM

can you explain this mixed gas? I use a pure methanol/oil mix, no nitro. it's fairly cheap if you looking for the less expensive alternative. These engines require methanol as the base fuel ingredient. Nitro will definitely increase performance, but isnt necessary. Ive never experimented with any other fuel, but I dont think gasoline will not work, or any other fuel that Im aware of, without some serious modifications

Snaut Rocket 02-10-2008 11:30 PM

ORIGINAL: hilifemt

can you explain this mixed gas? I use a pure methanol/oil mix, no nitro. it's fairly cheap if you looking for the less expensive alternative. These engines require methanol as the base fuel ingredient. Nitro will definitely increase performance, but isnt necessary. Ive never experimented with any other fuel, but I dont think gasoline will not work, or any other fuel that Im aware of, without some serious modifications
Really you use methanol and no nitro. Were can you buy just pure methanol at. And what is your solution ratio?

hilifemt 02-10-2008 11:41 PM

ORIGINAL: Snaut Rocket

ORIGINAL: hilifemt

Really you use methanol and no nitro. Were can you buy just pure methanol at. And what is your solution ratio?
http://www.ultimaterc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87121
Snauty, here is a thread on the MGT forum that explains my experiment with fuel mixing. 0% nitro. Methanol is fairly easy to get. and the oil I get is top grade stuff from the dirt bike shop. It's all in the thread. If you don't mind a very slight drop in performance, and have decent tuning abilities(nitro makes tuning easier) this mix is awesome!

here's my latest video running this methanol mix, 0% nitro
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CT-7ygFhT4

btw, since the thread posted, I have dropped to a 88%methanol, 12% oil mix. and I like it alot. I will stick to this mix. I just tore my engine apart last night(2 gallons old) and everything was very clean and well coated with oil. I Tore it apart to port it, not because I had a prolbem, just so you know :D

squidster 02-12-2008 05:34 PM

i am saving to get a mgt but, i want to put a bigger engine in it eventualy and i was wonding if the axial .32 will just drop in or will i have to do some mods?

docphysics 02-12-2008 06:51 PM

just get an MGT 8.0 then. :D

squidster 02-12-2008 10:02 PM

that hop up wouldnt be for a while so, i just want to get the 4.60 so i have one.
i wont put a new engine in it until i do some other mods/ hop ups

Snaut Rocket 02-12-2008 10:12 PM

just get the 8.0.
ALready has alot hop ups. Metal spur all metal tranny. new radio.

hilifemt 02-12-2008 10:15 PM

I agree with snauty and doc, unless money is an issue, get the 8.0

squidster 02-12-2008 10:34 PM

how much more is it?

ferrariowner123 02-12-2008 11:17 PM

hey guys is this servo Good? i know it has 198 oz of torque but im asking if the quality is good. http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...0&I=LXNRT1&P=K
i really like it, its in my price range and way over my expectations on torque. Tell me What you think.

Thanks

Snaut Rocket 02-13-2008 01:22 PM

ORIGINAL: ferrariowner123

hey guys is this servo Good? i know it has 198 oz of torque but im asking if the quality is good. http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...0&I=LXNRT1&P=K
i really like it, its in my price range and way over my expectations on torque. Tell me What you think.

Thanks
Its digital so its going to run your battery down.
And thats a killer deal but I had some bad exp with hobbico.
try the hitec mg servo, or one of those. Suppose to be a really good bang for the buck

docphysics 02-13-2008 04:59 PM

ORIGINAL: Snaut Rocket

Its digital so its going to run your battery down.

Huh? [sm=confused.gif] Don't all servos run your battery down?

BuzzBomber 02-14-2008 11:34 AM

Digital servos do typically eat a LOT more power than analog servos; IIRC it's because they exert full torque with every movement, part of the reason they have superior holding power. Ask the heli guys for more info--I know they're more common in that application.

Snaut Rocket 02-14-2008 02:18 PM

I got the ace digital servo that has over 200 oz of torq. But with that I run a 2700 mah AA pack thats last like 3 hours:D

duckedup 02-15-2008 12:06 AM

I ran the Airtronics 94358 (200oz/.10tt/digital) with a 1600mah pack and never had any issues.. I didn't usually run for more than 1-1.5 hours at a time though...

ferrariowner123 02-15-2008 01:06 AM

i have a 1600 MAH pack im not worried about the battery life cause i could just charge it. what im asking is hobbico a brand to be trusted? i never had experince with hobbico servos so that why im asking.

BuzzBomber 02-15-2008 09:52 AM

I don't imagine you'd have to worry much about battery life on an average bashing day with just a digital steering servo and a 1600mah battery, but if you were running ALL digitals and/or still using the alkaline battery box, then you'd have some issues.

Ferrari, FWIW, a couple guys in my club use Hobbico servos in their airplanes, and I haven't heard any complaints about those. I know that Futaba manufactures the Tower brand radio gear; since they're all part of the great planes family, I would not be surprised if Futaba makes the Hobbico brand radio components as well. I don't know one way or another, it's just a hunch.

hpi firestorm 02-18-2008 02:42 PM

what size hex does the mgt have stock

hilifemt 02-18-2008 02:44 PM

14mm