RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Team Associated - Monster GT (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/team-associated-monster-gt-497/)
-   -   Monster GT anyone have one? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/team-associated-monster-gt-497/4050020-monster-gt-anyone-have-one.html)

Evader ---> MGT 02-26-2008 07:44 PM

RE: Monster GT anyone have one?

Yup, then bought daces, but I only sold the two pairs of Prolines, BRAND NEW IN PACKAGING, for $16.

I cried...

OH yeah! And you see the busted RRP spur! WELL, I broke another one! WEEE!!!

Snaut Rocket 02-26-2008 07:48 PM

Are you running a diff engine.
because Im still on my stock spur never replaced and about 7 gallons now.

Evader ---> MGT 02-26-2008 07:51 PM

Axial .28! Hate it but there's tons of power! It's just that there is too much tuning...

franky932 02-27-2008 01:24 PM

hi guys remember me????????? ......it s been a long time!!!!!!!!! hope you still have always fun............here it is winter in QC, Canada , i do snowmobile , a little bit of R/C ( small heli in the house) and my simulator.

cya guys

[&:][&:][&:][&:][&:][&:][&:][&:]

jamadon30 02-27-2008 03:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This was mine with my wing and new tires.

Evader ---> MGT 02-27-2008 08:38 PM

Looks a lil low, but SWEET nevertheless. And I love the wheels and how the wheel nuts look sooooo small. HAHA

What kind of wheels/tires are those? I"m gonna guess hotbodies?

Elite_Tux487 02-27-2008 09:15 PM

I just made a wing mount from old duratrax maximum st shock towers...It looks weird with the body on...lets see some pics of wing mounts with the body on...

hilifemt 02-27-2008 09:22 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYJvMQ2m518

Here's a short video running a BUKU pipe. This pipe is insane. The grip is pretty bad so the video doesnt do the pipe justice, but man is it awesome

Evader ---> MGT 02-27-2008 09:29 PM

That pick up is incredible!!! That pipe and those mods did a lot! So's the speed, the pwoerband in great!

Are those the MGT8.0 tires? They hook up awesome in the snow and on the pavement. And what kind of steering servo do you have there? It turned the big wheels with ease...

Looks like you almost have a perfect truck! And with you homemade mix, it must be cheap to run too!

hilifemt 02-27-2008 11:00 PM

you're not kidding Evader, the modded engine and the BUKU really brought some spunk to this truck. Im really impressed with the way the truck is now. Those are 8.0 tires. They are a real soft rubber and hook up great on snowy/slick surface. The steer servo is still stock, I see alot of others upgrade their servo, but for what I do the stock is still fine for me. Thanks for comments and watching the vid!

Evader ---> MGT 02-27-2008 11:14 PM

Wow, I wish my stock servo would turn my wheels at a standstill, but I guess my big joes aren't helping either! :)

Snaut Rocket 02-28-2008 09:19 AM

Like to see you turn the stock wheels like that on a stand still:)

Elite_Tux487 02-28-2008 09:53 AM

Mine can...I don't see how it couldn't...

jamadon30 02-28-2008 11:01 AM

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXEPB4&P=0
Those are the tires man. I am surprise more people don't use em. If you do, the days of flipping over with be a thing of the past. Now you lose some bottom end, ie wheelie. But your top end speed increases. :-) Oh and those are stock nuts. :-)

jamadon30 02-28-2008 11:10 AM

Oh and yes, it's higher of the ground than stock.

franky932 02-28-2008 11:32 AM

ORIGINAL: jamadon30

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXEPB4&P=0
Those are the tires man. I am surprise more people don't use em. If you do, the days of flipping over with be a thing of the past. Now you lose some bottom end, ie wheelie. But your top end speed increases. :-) Oh and those are stock nuts. :-)

can you find bigger hex nuts wheels with same tires?
i have already big hex nuts

[&:][&:][&:][&:]

snowbl!nd 02-28-2008 11:40 AM

^ They're maxx size, so you could put mount them on 14, 17 & 23mm hexes with the right wheels....

hpi firestorm 03-06-2008 06:13 PM

Are bow tie 40 series tires mounted on velocity 40 series rims a pretty good setup?

ferrariowner123 03-06-2008 07:13 PM

yeah for the the track it will be perfect. not for wet grass or street.

Snaut Rocket 03-06-2008 07:16 PM

Hey for you guys that have the dx3 " doc and evader" I believe.
Does it serve you well. have any problems with it.
I will be picking up a rock crawler soon and need to know what radio I should get.
And I will be getting it from the barn floor.

docphysics 03-06-2008 07:47 PM

HA ha ha ...... I JUST ordered ANOTHER DX3 from Barn Floor! Now I have all 4 of my vehicles on spektrum with ONE controller, and I just use the second controller as an emergency backup. Never had any problems. Works awesome! Great Price!!!!! :D

Snaut Rocket 03-06-2008 07:52 PM

Thats one think I have a prob with.
why is there so little model memory.

docphysics 03-06-2008 07:56 PM

Its got 4, that's enough for me. How many do you need!?!?!?

Snaut Rocket 03-06-2008 07:58 PM

Thats the thing i will be getting a rock crawler so thats 2 but I was thinking down the road.
I heard the new spectrum has like 30 memory.
But i guess it will due.
You dont experience no glitching on it.
And does it have a built in fail safe.

KRO 03-06-2008 08:23 PM

Sure if youre only running on a track , there are better "all around" tires though .....