Go Back  RCU Forums > TEAM RCU > Team RCU - Don Szczur
Reload this Page >

Aerobatics Video II

Community
Search
Notices
Team RCU - Don Szczur Ask your questions directly to Don Szczur, proffesional pattern pilot

Aerobatics Video II

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2008, 11:22 PM
Don Szczur
My Feedback: (1)

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Aerobatics Video II

The DVDs are for those who want to set up their plane for excellent flying, contemplating IMAC type flying or competition in general from the aerobatics perspective. However there are also 3D maneuvers and fairly complex topics such as preparing unlimited unknowns and sequences as well.

[email protected] for additional details (she sells Avon as well, by the way)

I'd like to thank Brad for all the hard work in putting this together.

All the best,

Don
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sp45169.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	89.3 KB
ID:	903681   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hc92865.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	108.3 KB
ID:	903682  
Old 03-14-2008, 11:28 PM
krayzc-RCU
My Feedback: (31)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Aerobatics Video II

good deal
Old 03-18-2008, 04:32 PM
Jeff Boyd 2

Great Don . .

I will be on the list . .

JB
Old 03-18-2008, 07:11 PM
krayzc-RCU

i got mine coming now that is the ticket look out in 08 KrayzC has arrived![8D]
Old 04-03-2008, 02:18 PM
Purple Bird
My Feedback: (24)

For those interested, a brief preview of Don's video is now online at:

http://uncutvideo.aol.com/users/avid...90f44b?index=0

A basic website will follow shortly.

Thanks

Old 04-03-2008, 07:25 PM
krayzc-RCU

got mind i needed to play it on my cpu as the house dvd would not do the do. i enjoyed the vid and love the tips presented especially the rudder on the down line mix as I am a mixing fool
Old 04-08-2008, 12:29 PM
Purple Bird

Hello!

Don's official website is up and running at:

www.rcaerobaticvideo.com

check it out!
Old 04-14-2008, 12:32 PM
insalacosm

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Don - Great video! In the video you mention that only a small amount of sub-trim should be used or else the servo has a hard time finding center. Could you please explain this in more detail? I understand that you do not want to use sub-trim when trying to match servos, such as a dual elevator setup, but does it really matter if only a single servo is used per control surface?

After 20 years of modeling I finally learned that there are an odd number of teeth on the servo drive gear which allows one to rotate the servo horn 180 degrees to get a better geometry if needed. Unfortunately, I already snipped off the ''wrong'' side of the horn in a few applications which forces me to use a large amount of subtrim to get the linkages perpendicular.
Thanks,
Steve Insalaco
Old 04-16-2008, 12:16 AM
Don Szczur

Steve, good deal and all the best with flying. Finding center-not so much as servos moving at different speeds. Sub trim is a function that moves the servo to get the control arm generally centering. This in conjunction with end point adjustments can have an adverse effect on servo speeds. You are basically stretching the number of steps for the same amount of travel, among the servos. I was at the FARM club helping out a giant scale newbe last fall and he was flying a third scale H9 Extra 330 with Futaba 8 channel and Hitec servos. One of his servos literally trailed the other one by about 20 or so degrees when moving the elevators up and down in a rapid fashion. He said a servo was bad. Actually, backing up a bit- when he was flying he asked my help to trim his plane and handed me the transmitter. When I tried some waterfalls, it peeled off really bad. When I landed that is when I saw the elevators moving at different speeds. Upon inspection I found he used the electronic sub trim to get the servos aligned and massive atv end point to get the ends the same throw. He also had the ATVs set at nealy 150 percent. I think he was like, off one complete servo arm tooth and used the sub trim to get the servo back to center. After about 2 hours getting everything mechanically adjusted, the plane flew so much better. It went from something nearly crashing to a competitive IMAC and 3D setup. Any case, I had an identical experience when helping a flyer in Vanceboro, NC last year (after the pattern contest completed). Exact same issue on his (scale) plane. He thought the Rx was bad until I showed him what the deal was. After mechanically adjusting to get it close, all was well. That''s why I emphasize that in the video, since I''ve assisted several flyers with this issue.

Have a good one!

Don
Old 04-22-2008, 04:01 PM
Chris Moon
My Feedback: (8)

Don, thanks for making this video. Lots of good info for everyone. I know the focus is IMAC - scale aerobatics, but a lot of the tips and info can apply to lots of different types of flying. Something for everyone.
Old 05-07-2008, 09:02 PM
DrDeath
My Feedback: (3)

Hey Don,

Do you think you will have these videos at Hobby Hangar?

Dr Death
Old 05-07-2008, 09:10 PM
Don Szczur

We are seeing if it grows legs first.
Old 05-07-2008, 09:36 PM
DrDeath
My Feedback: (3)

Bring some to the FSA Fly-In in June, definitly would sell a few.
Old 02-15-2009, 07:58 PM
bubbagates
My Feedback: (32)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I know this is an old thread but I just watched these videos and I must say, nicely done. Was that unknown you flew in the 2nd DVD done during the 2007 Capi?

Don, if you still have the data file for the 10x I would like to grab it from you. I just bought the same plane and am using the exact same setup so having all your settings would be very cool as a place to start
Old 02-15-2009, 08:45 PM
Purple Bird

Hello Bill,

I put the DVD together with Don and did shoot Don that day at CAPI 2007. That was a HOT day was it not? I was also admiring your friend's "Whaturi"'s 3-d flying after the meet was over.

We're considering putting together another video since the first "professional" one has been well received. I think we just need to decide where to go with it. Hopefully Don will chime in here!

Old 02-19-2009, 08:21 PM
Don Szczur

Bill the RadioWave Extra 300 settings are on the JR website available for download. I'll see if I can forward you the link. Someday in the future Purple and I will put together the next video on precision aerobatics i.e. pattern flying. Any suggestions on content?

Purple you going to the box tomorrow night? 8:30 sharp. You can fly my Vrolet.

Regards,
Don
Old 02-19-2009, 09:13 PM
Don Szczur

Attached below... if this does not come through- is there a space on RCU to upload these types of files??? Regards, Don

ÿJÿRþUþ¬þÅÿÿaþ ÿÃþZþîþ ÿÚÿà ÿþþ þÿÿ€þ ÿà þ þMþ ÿ—þÿÿ þ ÿÖþÿÿÃþÿþ!þ ÿ¡þÿþBþ þ þ ÿ þÿÿÖÿýÿsþÿþšÿýÿÂþÿÿà þþ þÿÿ ÿýÿ@ÿþ{ÿþþ×þ þ×þ ÿþ ÿbþ ÿþÿþ»þÿþ×þ þðþðþðþðþ·ÿgÿÿÿþ þ þþ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þÿþ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þÿÿ€þ þ þ þ þ þœþ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þÿûþ þ þ þ ÿûþüþ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ ÿ€ÿ€ÿ€ÿ€ÿ€ÿ€þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ ÿ€ÿ€ÿ€ÿþ þ þ þ ÿ€ÿ€ÿ€ÿþ þ þ þ ÿ€ÿ€ÿ€ÿþ þ þ þ ÿ€ÿ€ÿ€ÿþ þ þ þ ÿXþÿXþÿXþÿXþÿXþÿXþþ þ ÿ¨þúÿXþÿXþÿXþÿXþÿXþÿXþþ þ ÿ¨þúÿXþÿXþÿXþÿXþÿXþÿXþþ þ ÿ¨þúÿXþÿXþÿXþÿXþÿXþÿXþþ þ ÿ¨þúÿXþÿXþÿXþÿXþÿXþÿXþþ þ ÿ¨þúÿXþÿXþÿXþÿXþÿXþÿXþþ þ ÿ¨þúÿXþÿXþÿXþÿXþÿXþÿXþþ þ ÿ¨þúÿXþÿXþÿXþÿXþÿXþÿXþþ þ ÿ¨þúÿXþÿXþÿXþÿXþÿXþÿXþþ þ ÿ¨þúÿXþÿXþÿXþÿXþÿXþÿXþþ þ ÿ¨þúÿXþÿXþÿXþÿXþÿXþþÂþÿþ ÿýÿ¨þúÿXþÿXþÿXþÿXþÿXþþ þ þ+ÿýÿ¨þúþ ÿ€ÿ€þ ÿ€þ ÿ€ÿ€þ ÿ€ÿ€þ ÿ€þ ÿ€ÿ€þ ÿ€ÿ€þ ÿ€þ ÿ€ÿ€þ ÿ€ÿ€þ ÿ€þ ÿ€ÿ€þ ÿ€ÿ€þ ÿ€þ ÿ€ÿ€þ þ ÿƒþ þ þ þ þ ÿXþÿXþÿXþÿXþÿXþþ þ þ þ þ þ ÿXþÿXþÿXþÿXþÿXþÿXþþ þ ÿ¨þúÿXþÿXþÿXþÿXþÿXþþ þ þ þ þ þ ÿXþÿXþÿXþÿXþÿXþÿXþþ þ ÿ¨þúÿXþÿXþÿXþÿXþÿXþþ þ þ þ þ þ ÿXþÿXþÿXþÿXþÿXþÿXþþ þ ÿ¨þúÿXþÿXþÿXþÿXþÿXþþ þ þ þ þ þ ÿXþÿXþÿXþÿXþÿXþÿXþþ þ ÿ¨þúÿXþÿXþÿXþÿXþÿXþþ þ þ þ þ þ ÿXþÿXþÿXþÿXþÿXþÿXþþ þ ÿ¨þúÿXþÿXþÿXþÿXþÿXþþ þ þ þ þ þ ÿXþÿXþÿXþÿXþÿXþÿXþþ þ ÿ¨þúÿXþÿXþÿXþÿXþÿXþþ þ þ þ þ þ ÿXþÿXþÿXþÿXþÿXþÿXþþ þ ÿ¨þúÿXþÿXþÿXþÿXþÿXþþ þ þ þ þ þ ÿXþÿXþÿXþÿXþÿXþÿXþþ þ ÿ¨þúÿXþÿXþÿXþÿXþÿXþþ þ þ þ þ þ ÿXþÿXþÿXþÿXþÿXþÿXþþ þ ÿ¨þúÿXþÿXþÿXþÿXþÿXþþ þ þ þ þ þ ÿXþÿXþÿXþÿXþÿXþÿXþþ þ ÿ¨þúþ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þþ!þÿþ þ þÿ@ÿ@ÿ@ÿ@ÿ@ÿ@ÿ@ÿ@ÿ@ÿ@ÿ@ÿ@þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þþÂþ ÿÂþ þ þúþ þ þ ÿþÂþ ÿÿƒþ‚þÂÿ€ÿ†þ„þ£ÿ†þ þ þ þ þ
ÿ€þ þ þ ÿþ ÿþ ÿÿ€ÿ€ÿ€ÿ€ÿ€ÿ€ÿ€ÿ€ÿ€ÿ €ÿ€þ+þ þ þ þ þ ÿÿXÿþ þ þþ þ ÿÿÃÿþ ÿþ ÿþÒÿÿ ÿ ÿ ÿ ÿ ÿ þ þ ÿ4þ-þDÿOþMÿFþ3þ þ3þ-þDÿOþMÿFþ3þ ÿEÿTþAÿRþDþ3þ3þ ÿ1þ-þNÿIþPþSþ3þ þ0þ-þ-ÿWÿOÿLþ3þ ÿ ÿTþHþGÿIÿLÿ þ0þ0þ3ÿ þAÿRÿTÿXÿEþ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ ÿ
ÿûþ þ ÿ€ÿ€ÿÿþÂþÂþÂÿþ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ þ ÿ€ÿ€ÿ€ÿ€ÿ€ÿ€ÿ€ÿ€ÿ€ÿ€ ÿ€ÿ€ÿ€ÿ€ÿ€ÿ€ÿ€ÿ€þ+þ+þ3à ¾3þ:þ:ÿ>ÿ>ÿXÿXÿIÿIþAþAþ\þ\ÿIÿIÿ€à ¿â‚¬Ã¿â‚¬Ã¿â‚¬Ã¿â‚¬Ã¿â‚¬Ã¿â‚¬Ã¿â‚¬Ã¿â‚¬Ã¿â‚¬Ã¿â‚¬Ã ¿â‚¬Ã¿â‚¬Ã¿â‚¬Ã¿â‚¬Ã¿â‚¬Ã¿â‚¬Ã¿â‚¬Ã¿â‚¬Ã¿â‚¬Ã¿â‚¬Ã ¿â‚¬Ã¿â‚¬Ã¿â‚¬Ã¿mÿmþ-þ-þZþZÿQÿQÿ þþYþYÿ€ÿ€ÿ€ÿ€ÿâ€Ã¾Ã€Ã¿â‚¬Ã¿â‚¬Ã¾ Àþ™þÂÿ’ÿ€ÿ€ÿ€ÿ€þ™þÀÿ€ ÿ€ÿ¹ÿâ€Ã¾Âÿ|ÿ…þ ÿ€ÿþðþð
Old 08-20-2009, 04:06 AM
flying16150
My Feedback: (2)

Hi Don, Hey I went on both web sites trying to pay for your dvds with no luck , What Now?
Old 08-21-2009, 09:31 PM
Don Szczur

You can order a video through www.paypal.com send 26 u.s. dollars to [email protected] Sends directly to paypal, DVD set.
Old 08-22-2009, 07:04 AM
flying16150
My Feedback: (2)

I tried that Don but the email address comes back as undeliverable , Ive never had so much trouble buying anything off the net lol lol , I hope we can work this out couse I sure could use all that info on your dvds.
Old 08-23-2009, 09:45 PM
Don Szczur

email your phone number to [email protected] and I'll have this taken care of.

THanks,
Don
Old 11-13-2009, 06:07 PM
skyrip69

I just purchased this viedeo and can't wait,,,I do have a question about IMAC setups though,,Will the dx6i handle the mixing that the dx7 will? Can I use some of the mixing that you go through in the video with the dx6i? I do have both the dx7 and the dx6, but i prefer to use the dx6 for some reason and hope it can do it,,,If not I can use my dx7 but hope i don't have to...

Todd
Old 11-13-2009, 06:39 PM
Purple Bird

Don should get back to you on this shortly considering he's sponsored by JR and knows their radios quite well. Glad to hear you liked the video...I did too!
Old 11-14-2009, 09:08 AM
skyrip69

Thanks purple Bird,,,,What region of IMAC are you guys in? I am in Vegas,,,I guess I will go to the Bakersfield event this year. Not too much Action in Vegas anymore since they don't have the TOC anymore....
Old 11-14-2009, 07:04 PM
Don Szczur

Dx7 has more features, mixes and capability. However, the dx6i will get you some of the basic mixes (e.g., Rudder to Aileron, Rudder to Elevator). You can be very creative with the DX6i to get some additional capability. Additonal information is at the Horizon site.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=SPM6600
Full range 2.4GHz DSM2 6-channel radio
10-model memory
ModelMatch
ServoSync
Roller/selector user interface
Attractive and ergonomic design
Proven DSM2 technology
Rudder dual-rate
Large LCD display
Integrated timer
Contrast Adjustment
Dual-speed trim scroll
Model name and type
Throttle cut
Trainer Mode
Model Copy
Travel adjustment
Sub-trim
Servo monitor
Dual rate and exponential
Compatible with any existing DSM and DSM2 receivers
Airplane Programming Features: Flaps, P-mixes, Dual aileron, V-tail, Delta, Differential
Heli Programming Features: Gyro adjust, Graphic throttle curve, Graphic pitch curve, P-mixes, Revo mix, Swash type (Normal, and CCPM 120)
Adjustable stick length
Direct trim access display

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=SPM2710
DX7
20-model memory
Airplane and Heli software
Switch assignment
P-mixes
3-axis dual rate and expo
3-position flap (Airplane)
5-point throttle curve (Heli)
3 flight modes plus hold (Heli)
Gyro programming (Heli)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.