Go Back  RCU Forums > TEAM RCU > Team RCU - Don Szczur
Reload this Page >

Memories of the TOC

Community
Search
Notices
Team RCU - Don Szczur Ask your questions directly to Don Szczur, proffesional pattern pilot

Memories of the TOC

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2004, 09:37 PM
Don Szczur
My Feedback: (1)

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Memories of the TOC

I was in Las Vegas this last week with work. I went to the TOC field, got out of the car and had lunch there. I walked over and stood in the pilot box. It really brought back some memories. I thought of the many, many pilots who had stood at that spot. I turned around, saw where the judges sat, saw the pits, saw the grand stands... what an event it was. Thank you Bill Bennett, thank you Alex, Thank you Lou, thank you Dad, thanks all from NVRC and the FARM Club. Thanks for all the help and making it an incredible experience. It took a lot to compete there, and really forged some lasting memories from that event. Its like a whole lot of world champions flew at this event over the many years it was held....I count myself lucky an privilege just to have been afforded an opportunity to compete there, and not having an opportunity for another chance... still having very much honored and humbled to have participated.

Don
Old 12-08-2004, 08:13 AM
EXCAP232
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Memories of the TOC

Don.
This must have been a wonderful feeling. The TOC did more to advance our sport and hobby than most will ever realize.

Would you like to share this expreience with the Frederick (Maryland) Model Club at our annual meeting/ awards dinner on January 15, 2005? See PM and email for contact information.

Best regards,

EXCAP232
Old 12-09-2004, 10:34 AM
Don Szczur

Sure- that would be great. See you.

Don
Old 12-10-2004, 02:25 PM
Boogie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That must been something wonderful. I wish I were in Your shoes.
Old 12-28-2004, 11:23 AM
Don Szczur

Here is an interesting paper I wrote. A bit extreme, but it was back when it was all new to me.

http://1nvrc.com/Don-SzczurTOC.doc

Don