Go Back  RCU Forums > TEAM RCU > Team RCU - Don Szczur
Reload this Page >

Webra 61 w/pump vs. Hanno 61?

Community
Search
Notices
Team RCU - Don Szczur Ask your questions directly to Don Szczur, proffesional pattern pilot

Webra 61 w/pump vs. Hanno 61?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2004, 04:27 PM
fliplip2
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Webra 61 w/pump vs. Hanno 61?

I have a Webra Redhead .61 longstroke w/pump and a O.S. Hanno .61 W/Red O.S. Hanno pipe. The Hanno is not the II version. It has RF cast on the side of the engine. Both NIB. My question is even though Chip H. won with the Webra, what does it run like? Also, I have never run a Hanno and would like to know about it's perfomance and handling, setting and so forth. That said, which or both would you keep for the older pattern planes like Tiger Tail 4(not 4S) , LA-1&2 , etc.? Please help me decide which to use?
Old 12-07-2004, 10:14 PM
Don Szczur
My Feedback: (1)

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default RE: Webra 61 w/pump vs. Hanno 61?

I have never flown a Webra redhead, although I did fly a blackhead. It was an old (1970's design) which had slightly less power than the OS FSR. I flew a .61 Hanno Special in a plane called a Conquest IV. This is about the same size as the LA 1 and II. I was very impressed with the Hanno, and flew it til someone shot me down accidentally. The RF means its rear exhaust, front intake. Excellent power and good handling.

Don
Old 03-05-2005, 04:25 PM
flywilly
My Feedback: (121)

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
Default RE: Webra 61 w/pump vs. Hanno 61?

Never ran the Webra, but I've run Both versions of the Hanno and YS AR. I loved my Hannos. Great power and reliability. I do know that Dave Lockhart ran the rear exhaust Webras (as well as Chip, of course), but not many others. Based on popularity alone, I'd say the Hanno MKI was the best (the MKII tried to compete with the YS 1.20; so not many appeared in competition). OS made at least 3 times more of the first version. The MKII was reputed to have pump 'issues' (I think lack of pump pressure).
I'd keep them both, but I'm a pack rat. I'm sure the Webra will run well, too. I've run the big Webra 2-strokes with great success.
-Will B.