Go Back  RCU Forums > TEAM RCU > Team RCU - Don Szczur
Reload this Page >

Rudder Trim?

Community
Search
Notices
Team RCU - Don Szczur Ask your questions directly to Don Szczur, proffesional pattern pilot

Rudder Trim?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2004, 09:18 AM
Xrod
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rudder Trim?

Hi Don,
I can't get a straight answer on this one and decided to ask you and the other panel of experts here on RCU for a definative answer. What is the proper way to set rudder trim? How do you go about it, and what manoevers do you use to assess correct trim?
Thanks,
Steve
Old 12-27-2004, 01:23 AM
Don Szczur
My Feedback: (1)

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default RE: Rudder Trim?

This is how I do it. I take a look at the up-lines and see if its pulling right or left. The rudder will help with the up lines between the pull up and the top part of the line (as the plane starts to slow down and the right thrust starts to take over). Its kind of like balancing that extra bit of trim when working the engine thrust for nice straight up lines.

I'll sometimes use the rudder trim to help with a spin entry. In other words put in opposite rudder trim with respect to an unexpected spin entry to one direction. This give a nice predictable spin entry without being surprised when a wing drops suddenly as you are about to enter the nose- up stall entry. I've sometimes put the trim in as a mix, activated with high rate switch, so that it does not impact up lines or regular flight trim.

Don