Go Back  RCU Forums > TEAM RCU > Team RCU - Don Szczur
Reload this Page >

Mixes in aerobatics and 3d?

Notices
Team RCU - Don Szczur Ask your questions directly to Don Szczur, proffesional pattern pilot

Mixes in aerobatics and 3d?

Old 02-12-2005, 04:32 AM
JuanSG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mixes in aerobatics and 3d?

Hello!

I'm building a CAmodel Extra 300L 31% 2360mm, that I'll maiden in a few days. For what I have heard about the Extras, they need a mix of rudder (as master) with elevator, for the knife edges, so I think I'll need it too.
When you use mix, you put the mix in a button and you turn the mix on or off, when you are going a maneuver, or you have it always on, without any button?
I know that you need this mix in many many maneuvers, like rolling circles, rolls... not only in knife edge. But, how about torqueroll? Do you have the mix on for the torqueroll or hovers too?

By the Way, do you use any other mix in these planes?

Thank you very much

Juan Sánchez - www.acro3d.com
Old 02-12-2005, 09:56 AM
Don Szczur
My Feedback: (1)

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default RE: Mixes in aerobatics and 3d?

Juan,

I leave the mixing in at all times, whether flying standard sequences or 3D.

Other mixes that I have used that are common are throttle to elevator (offset to come in just above idle) which will provide a nice straight down-line without the tendancy to pull out on its own.

I also use occasionally throttle to aileron to correct any roll tendancy in a down line at idle.

Normally these mixes are left in during 3D flight and do not impact these maneuvers adversly. If you have an advanced computer radio, you can program in mult-point mix, with flight modes, so that in "3D Mode" you can enter a non-linear mix. I have utilized this on my JR 10X radio in the past with very good results. During extreme aircraft angles of attack and yaw (knife edge) there are sometimes non-linear coupling of rudder to roll and pitch, which the multi-point mix addresses.
Old 02-13-2005, 08:11 AM
Geistware
My Feedback: (16)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Mixes in aerobatics and 3d?

I have mixes for rudder elevator and rudder ailerons. I leave them on all the time. There are two things that you can do to adjust adverse yaw and pitch. Mix in opposite control or move the CG. Make sure the CG is where you want it before you put in your mix. If you move the CG after mixing, you will need to make small adjustments to your mix.