Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Mixes in aerobatics and 3d?

Hello!

I'm building a CAmodel Extra 300L 31% 2360mm, that I'll maiden in a few days. For what I have heard about the Extras, they need a mix of rudder (as master) with elevator, for the knife edges, so I think I'll need it too.
    When you use mix, you put the mix in a button and you turn the mix on or off, when you are going a maneuver, or you have it always on, without any button?
    I know that you need this mix in many many maneuvers, like rolling circles, rolls... not only in knife edge. But, how about torqueroll? Do you have the mix on for the torqueroll or hovers too?

By the Way, do you use any other mix in these planes?

Thank you very much

Juan SΓ‘nchez - www.acro3d.com
    Juan SΓ‘nchez - www.acro3d.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Mixes in aerobatics and 3d?

Juan,

I leave the mixing in at all times, whether flying standard sequences or 3D.

Other mixes that I have used that are common are throttle to elevator (offset to come in just above idle) which will provide a nice straight down-line without the tendancy to pull out on its own.

I also use occasionally throttle to aileron to correct any roll tendancy in a down line at idle.

Normally these mixes are left in during 3D flight and do not impact these maneuvers adversly. If you have an advanced computer radio, you can program in mult-point mix, with flight modes, so that in "3D Mode" you can enter a non-linear mix. I have utilized this on my JR 10X radio in the past with very good results. During extreme aircraft angles of attack and yaw (knife edge) there are sometimes non-linear coupling of rudder to roll and pitch, which the multi-point mix addresses.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Mixes in aerobatics and 3d?

I have mixes for rudder elevator and rudder ailerons. I leave them on all the time. There are two things that you can do to adjust adverse yaw and pitch. Mix in opposite control or move the CG. Make sure the CG is where you want it before you put in your mix. If you move the CG after mixing, you will need to make small adjustments to your mix.
    Aircraft Proving Grounds
    http://www.rcaircraft.net/
    Information on the building and flying of Radio Control Aircraft.
    Site for hobbyist in the R.C. Aircraft modeling world.