Go Back  RCU Forums > TEAM RCU > Team RCU - Don Szczur
Reload this Page >

Vertical line Trimming Question

Notices
Team RCU - Don Szczur Ask your questions directly to Don Szczur, proffesional pattern pilot

Vertical line Trimming Question

Old 05-24-2005, 08:15 AM
jonlowe
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vertical line Trimming Question

Don,
Have a trimming question for my 2M Arresti III. On long verticals, it pulls slightly to the canopy. Not a lot, just enough to be annoying. Normally, this would say I need more downthrust. However, this airplane needs minimal down elevator for inverted flight, regardless of power setting, and is probably the best I've had in this respect. Power-on to power-off transition when upright is great; the nose drops VERY slightly when upright. I have a slight low throttle to down elevator mix for downlines.

Any ideas what to do about the canopy pull in verticals?

Jon Lowe
Old 05-24-2005, 08:23 PM
Don Szczur
My Feedback: (1)

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default RE: Vertical line Trimming Question

Jon,

Thanks for the question. Suggest putting some down thrust in. The fall/or rise of the nose during inverted is more of a CG adjustment. It sounds like your CG is close- it should drop some when inverted.

Best of flying!

Don