Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Dual servos on stabs

Hi Don, I have a little question for you

I'm in the process of finding the best servos for my new pattern plane. I have a little doubt, relative to the elevator: dual servo or MK bell crank?

I like very much the dual servo solution, for the precision of the linkages that can be reached and also for the reliability such a system can offer. But here on RCU I have read that someone is replacing this dual servo sulution for a problem: they do not move in sync, since radio commands servos in sequence: number 1, number 2 etc. So if you have fast servos you can notice that they do not move together...

I see you use this approach on the Brio: those problems really exist? Have you ever had those out of sync behaviours?

Thank you and congratulation for your placements!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Dual servos on stabs

Thanks for the question. I used to fly a Typhoon with dual elevator servos. I did not like them at that time because I felt they did not track.

However, I have a much different experience with the Brio. The elevator servos feel like they are tracking very well. The biggest advantage, however, is the fact there is no elevator trim change with temperature. This is a really big deal for me.

I've had very good luck with the 9411 JR servos in the elevators. These I recommend as a result.

Don

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi Don ,
    You replied to my inquiry on this very topic last May regarding my new Focus 2 ARC. Curious if you use ( or recommend ) a Matchbox or do you have a fool-proof method of matching the servos ? I picked up two JR DS 3421SAs for this application.
    Having one servo with a carbon rod or wood rod seems , well , archaic . I did that back in the mid- sixties with Ukie ships and it not so easy to get synchronized movement with that set up ,either. I'm also considering a single elevator servo with pull-pull ala my Pursuit 120 .Appreciate your thoughts here.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I don't use a matchbox on my Brio elevators, since the JR 10X has a "dual elevator" setup already configured in the Tx. Its very simple to program. The servos work very well together and feel extremely precise. The 9303 JR Tx also has this function, although its called servo mate and you just mate elevator with Aux 3 to get it going.

If you want to use a matchbox with your JR receiver, its easy to setup following the directions. I use matchboxes on the rudder and ailerons on my giant scale Radiowave Extra 330 with excellent results.

Don