Go Back  RCU Forums > TEAM RCU > Team RCU - Don Szczur
Reload this Page >

Rudder throw: how much for pattern?

Notices
Team RCU - Don Szczur Ask your questions directly to Don Szczur, proffesional pattern pilot

Rudder throw: how much for pattern?

Old 09-09-2005, 02:03 PM
stek79

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rudder throw: how much for pattern?

Hi Don, as usual thank you very much for the time you spend answering to our novice questions!

Several days ago I have started to set up my small depron airplane in a pattern-oriented way, in order to fly more precisely and possibly partecipate at local electric pattern contests.
I have to say that after much time spent trimming it up I have reached an amazing (for me!) result: the plane flies precisely with good KE and rolls capability with very little couplings, despite its 3D surfaces and its light weight! In particular, I have spent much time with rudder (and elevator) D/R and EXP and now it really suits me well.

Now, I would like to find a more systematic way of determining good rudder throws and EXP: for example, I found that my plane holds KE with about half rudder stick (at half throttle). Do you use some criteria like this when you set up throws and exp on a new plane? Or you think that these are very subjective topics and trial-and-error is the only possible process?

Thank you again, good flights!!!

Stefano
Old 09-14-2005, 10:12 PM
Don Szczur
My Feedback: (1)

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default RE: Rudder throw: how much for pattern?

I agree with your setups. The onlyl difference is I use a second dual rate mode for one roll circles which provides extra rudder and elevator throw. Sounds like you have it optimized!

Don