Go Back  RCU Forums > TEAM RCU > Team RCU - Don Szczur
Reload this Page >

Warpped, heavy wing or engien torque

Community
Search
Notices
Team RCU - Don Szczur Ask your questions directly to Don Szczur, proffesional pattern pilot

Warpped, heavy wing or engien torque

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2005, 02:56 AM
riot3d

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warpped, heavy wing or engien torque

Don,

Hope this message finds you well.

My plane has the problem of rolling to the right during off throttle. It happens on both level flight, and straight downline. Do you think its a warpped wing, one heavy wing, or just engine torque.

I tends to think its a warpped wing. If it only rolls on level flights, its engine torque. But, if it rolls on straight downline, that indicates warpped wing, am I correct? As for one heavy wing, it should only shows during inside, and ourside loops, right?

Assuming my right wing is warpped. The leading edge of the wing tip is lower than the trailing edge of the wing root. Am I correct to increase the positive incidence of the right wing, to counter the rolling motion?

I understand I can program an off throttle left aileron mix. But, I would like to take care of it mechanically if possible, instead of elctronically so other adverse effects will surface during throttle up.

Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

Adrian
Old 10-07-2005, 10:20 PM
Don Szczur
My Feedback: (1)

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default RE: Warpped, heavy wing or engien torque

Well, make sure its perfectly trimmed for level flight hands off. This is important, at mid throttle (cruise). Then cut the throttle and gently add just elevator to see what the plane does. By the way, before the above you are trimmed for vertical upline hands off (thrust and/or rudder trim). Do this first. Now, if the right wing is still dropping during throttle off, with elevator added to maintain altitude like in a spin entry, add more negative incidence in the right wing. Go one turn on the adjuster and see if it helps. Recognize you'll have to put in some left aileron trim to fly level hands off at cruise. Keep doing this and let me know if it solves your issue.

Don
Old 10-08-2005, 01:14 AM
riot3d

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don,

Thank you for your reply.

The plane fly straight and level with all feathers flushed. When I throttle off (both at level, and straight downline), it rolls to the right. If I add more negative incidence on my right wing, wouldn't that make it roll to the right more? Reason being, if you increase negative incidence, wouldn't that be like carrying up ail on the right wing?

Anyway, I'll try it again this weekend and let you know.

Again, thank you.

Adrian
Old 10-11-2005, 08:01 PM
Don Szczur
My Feedback: (1)

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Exactly. That makes you have to put in left aileron trim. Don't fret, the higher speed will carry a straight and level, low speed, the aileron trim takes over, countering the right roll and giving a straight slow speed spin entry for example.

Don