Go Back  RCU Forums > TEAM RCU > Team RCU - Don Szczur
Reload this Page >

JR servos for pattern

Notices
Team RCU - Don Szczur Ask your questions directly to Don Szczur, proffesional pattern pilot

JR servos for pattern

Old 01-16-2006, 03:21 PM
apereira

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default JR servos for pattern

Hello Don, can you help me in choosing the servos for my next pattern plane?, I usually use JR receivers and batteries with Hitec servos, but I'm going to build an Impact and would like to use JR servos on it, the 8611s are the best servos available but for the elevators is kind of overkill power, is there anything that I can use there?, besides the 8611s I also got a pair of DS3421SA that I was trying to use on my Funtana 90 elevators, but on the first rigging pull ( not even overthrow, just 100%) I stripped the nylon gears, I don't know why on a 60+ torque servo, but after reading it looks like it's the choice for Jets, so I'm a little concerned on what to get.

Thanks for your time and help.
Old 01-17-2006, 12:00 AM
Don Szczur
My Feedback: (1)

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default RE: JR servos for pattern

I've used 8611A for rudder, 8411 for the ailerons, and 9411SA's for the elevators. I've used 9411SA's on the ailerons as well with excellent results.

Don
Old 01-17-2006, 09:23 PM
apereira

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: JR servos for pattern

Thanks Don.