Go Back  RCU Forums > TEAM RCU > Team RCU - Don Szczur
Reload this Page >

Pattern Training for us all?

Community
Search
Notices
Team RCU - Don Szczur Ask your questions directly to Don Szczur, proffesional pattern pilot

Pattern Training for us all?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2006, 06:55 PM
Pattern_is_Fun

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pattern Training for us all?

Hi Don,

Have not written you before, but believe you may have some good suggestions? A few of us in District 7 are giving serious thought on how to help improve the flying of all pattern flyers in our area, but focused on Sportsman and Initermediate flyers. We are going to try a few new things this year, like teaming up a more advanced pilot with a sportsman / intermediate flyer, and give the pilot some feedback after his / her flight. This will be on a volentary basis, if the sportsman / intermediate pilot wants to do this is up to him / her. We are practicing in groups, and this is helping. Do you have any other suggestions on how to help? We all pretty much understand what's needed to fly a "10" but knowing and doing is more than practive, it's focused practice with feedback on each flight. There are many problems with wings level, radii, flying parallel with the runway.. seems like simple things, but many do it wrong.

Thanks for any comments.

Scott
Old 03-22-2006, 08:46 PM
Don Szczur
My Feedback: (1)

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default RE: Pattern Training for us all?

I think the Myrtle Beach excercise is a benchmark for a program that is more pervasive. I'll better be able to respond to your question after seeing the results. I'll check back with you in a couple of weeks.