Community
Search
Notices
Team RCU - Don Szczur Ask your questions directly to Don Szczur, proffesional pattern pilot

brio

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2006, 05:38 AM
scratchbuildC
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default brio

don, do you know if the brio is going to be made again, I am putting together a brio 10, do you have any pointers on setup, that cap 323 is looks great is their any one that sells plans for that airframe. thanks for your help and reply to my questions its great having you on this forum.
Old 09-11-2006, 05:29 PM
Don Szczur

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default RE: brio

I would expect that it would be produced again at some point, its not clear who will produce it. Its a very sucessful design. With respect to the Brio 10, there are several articles on line as well as recent magazines that have some very good setup info.

Yes the CAP is one of a kind. There are just a few out there. There are no kits or plans that I am aware of.

Don
Old 09-19-2006, 07:27 PM
scratchbuildC

thanks for the help, I have posted a couple of times and you have been a big help. I have a kit from ohio r/c cap 232, its a wood kit with a 70 inch wing span, I would like too scale this up to a 42% size. I not sure were to start with this project, Do you have any ideas on the scaling up of my cap 232
Old 09-19-2006, 09:28 PM
Don Szczur

Sounds simple. Multiply everything by 2 and you'll be pretty close to 48% There are some pictures of my 46% cap in a building thread winter building project from last winter. I'm scheduled to finish it up this winter and get it back in the air in the Spring.

Don
Old 09-22-2006, 03:53 PM
scratchbuildC

Don, I am wondering if your big cap can do 3d maneuvers, I would like to do that with mine. would I have to increase my control surface size and if so about how much? I can't wait to get started this is going to be my winter build. thank again for your help. I saw you fly at the NATS and I think that brio is a great flying airplane and throught about scaling up the brio 10 to a 2M size I love to build,and fly pattern, I know a good light and straight airframe will be easy to fly and compete with. I plan on flying adavnce at the 2007 NATS and hope to have two brio's next spring thanks again
Old 09-26-2006, 08:50 PM
Don Szczur

Yes good 3D maneuvers. Also watch some pictures from www.1nvrc.com for pictures of TOC 2000 and also report on the experience.

Don