Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

BRIO ENGINE OFFSET

Hi Don,
    Do you have knowledge of the engine degrees of offset ; right and down Thrust on the Brio ? Haven't been able to find it in print or in your Brio by the numbers.
    Thanks

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: BRIO ENGINE OFFSET

I don't have numbers and believe it would be difficult to measure, unless its with respect to the wing incidence. I recoommend using the spinner ring as a reference mark. The plane needs slightly less right thrust from the spinner ring if you run 2 or 3 blade props, and its pretty close for 4 blade props. Plane needs just a little bit (1/16 inch down thrust) with respect to the spinner ring. Again, no measure and I may have tried to measure at one point but again but found it to be inaccurate with respect to the fuselage (there are no straight lines on the fuselage to measure from. Best of luck and the plane flies great in this configuration.

Don

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks for your input , Don. I'm looking forward to a good Spring and successful test flights. Appreciate your efforts with the construction by the numbers on this forum.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Frank, let's talk. I've designed and built a simple device that you can use directly to measure engine offset. It requires that your wing is level but that shouldn't be too difficult to get.

Matt

ORIGINAL: F.Imbriaco

Hi Don,
    Do you have knowledge of the engine degrees of offset ; right and down Thrust on the Brio ? Haven't been able to find it in print or in your Brio by the numbers.
    Thanks
    Regards,
    MattK
    (Rcmaster199@aol.com)