Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

SU-31 and throws

Hi Don,

I purchased a used SU-31 with a glow 75 54" wing span that weighs about 6 pounds. I've been flying all electric 3D planes and helis and this is my first glow plane. I have not got it in the air yet as I am changing a few things in the linkage that I don't like. My question is: Is it ok to increase the throw to 35%? It sure doesn't look like the original owner had more ant 20% as they would bind up.

Thanks,

Robby

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: SU-31 and throws

Yes, but make sure you don't have binding, or re-ihhing it. Set up dual rates so you stay ahead of the plane during regular flight. Since you fly 3D and helis you should be fine. The plane will have some stall characteristics that are different than 3D specific planes.

Some 3D trim tips at th link below will help you.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Explore/...ArticleID=1322

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: SU-31 and throws

Very helpful, thanks Don.

I'm not real sure why low rates. I have them programed in to my electric planes but never use them, they don't seem any different to me when doing fast low level passes. I once made the mistake of doing a 3D manuver forgeting that I was on low rates, so I just learned to never use them.

Robby