Go Back  RCU Forums > TEAM RCU > Team RCU - Don Szczur
Reload this Page >

Giants "Newbee" Question

Community
Search
Notices
Team RCU - Don Szczur Ask your questions directly to Don Szczur, proffesional pattern pilot

Giants "Newbee" Question

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 08:26 PM
ttdflight
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Giants "Newbee" Question

I am preparing a pre-owned Ultimate 33% from World Models. A question arose from talking to a full scale pilot while working on my plane. He was telling about how he got rid of a full scale bipe because the wings moved. They were moving in flight from nose to tail. So I decided to put the wings on my 33%, tighten them with the flying wires tight also, just to see if they moved from nose to tail. And they do! Both top and bottom wings. The top wing will seperate at the center cabane, and the bottom wings will seperate away from the fuselage. It seems tightning the flying wires tighter does not help. So my questions are.... What is an exceptable amount of movement? Should there be any movement? My assumption is... that this movement would have to effect flight. All of my other bipes have been smaller with one piece wing designs. So how should I go about fixing this problem? Oh, also... Has anyone-else experienced this? Because I have searched several web sight forums and asked this question with no responses.
Thanks
Old 05-07-2009, 09:17 PM
Don Szczur
My Feedback: (1)

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default RE: Giants "Newbee" Question

I have not heard of this happening but can assure you that if it is common to all biplanes its not an issue. Many have flown and won competitions successfully. I can't comment either way. Some biplanes have a solid mounting plates (cabane structures) that I would think keep things locked in place.
Old 05-07-2009, 09:59 PM
ttdflight
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Giants "Newbee" Question

I kind of wondered that it may not be an issue at all. But just didn't know. I still have to wonder if all the other large scale Ultimates are like this or if it is just mine. I think I will ask World Models the same question to see what they say. I have been trying to find an instruction manual for a Hangar 9 Bipe to maybe compare the wing designs with World Models. However I have not found one yet. I just don't want to put this thing in the air yet if it is not flight worthy.