Go Back  RCU Forums > TEAM RCU > TEAM RCU - Mike McConville
Reload this Page >

New Hanger 9 Planes

Community
Search
Notices
TEAM RCU - Mike McConville Ask expert Team RCU pilot Mike McConville questions in this forum.

New Hanger 9 Planes

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2006, 03:22 PM
3DCrazy516

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Hanger 9 Planes

Bring back the 1/3 scale CAP! Best looking, best flying cap ever!
Old 06-18-2006, 08:20 PM
airplanenut

Hi Mike
First off thank you for taking the time to do these forums just goes to show your love for the hobby. I have one of your 80" 232s I,m putting a 2.1 Moki in her, but I have yet to complete it .I look forward to ringing it out!!! What I would love to see is a 3D 27% to 33% su29 sukhoi It has a crap load of side area right? nice big round fuse and cowling to fit the the larg cc gas engines in,It's diffrent you dont see to many of them And I think If it was done right it would blow the ((YAK))away.Anyway thanks for you time and keep up your grate work I look forward to flying many if not all your planes

Adam
PS love those snaprolling circles
Old 06-19-2006, 06:04 AM
dale691

Hi Mike, Just like to add my support to something like the extream flight yak 68". These are unavailable now, really need something in the mid 60s for 120 4 strokes. I have a funatana 90 awesome machine but would like something a little more scale. My feeling is that this size would be popular as there is 200 + pages in the EF yak post. Hope there is something in the pipe line like this already.

Cheers
Old 06-29-2006, 08:31 PM
mradcliff
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mike
I'm all for a 35% or larger Sukhoi. You could use the basic design from your successful 33% Sukhoi which I love to fly to this day. Incorporate all the lightning tricks you have learned and utilized on the 33% Edge and I think you would have a winner. That airplane does spectactular blenders! Bring it back only bigger!
Mark
Old 02-28-2007, 06:19 PM
dale691

Just to bring this thread back to life. Mike I would love to see a Shrike Aero commander, along the same lines as the Cessna 182. ( that sort of size) I see people looking for aero commanders a bit.

Cheers
Old 03-05-2007, 03:36 PM
nsmjim
My Feedback: (52)

OK. I am tryingt to figure this out. Horizon either now has or will have every single piece of the 1/3 scale CAP 232, yet they will not confirm or deny it release. Why else would they have a factory build parts for a plane they quit building over three years ago?
Mike - can you hear me out there??
Old 03-05-2007, 05:09 PM
Bat Fastard
My Feedback: (8)

How 'bout that big ***** Tucano I mentioned earlier in this thread. Nobody makes one that I know of for a 50cc or larger powerplant. It would be cool!
Old 03-05-2007, 08:57 PM
MMcConville
My Feedback: (4)

Actually we try to have our factories supply parts for every Hangar 9 model we ever produced regardless of how long its been out of production. Unfortunately in the case of some older ones where we had factory issues, the parts arent available any longer, but with many discontinued models, we will continue to support them with parts.

Hope that answers your question.
Old 03-05-2007, 11:58 PM
The MacDaddy
My Feedback: (10)

ORIGINAL: MMcConville

I cant really comment either way. Product plans are very confidential. However, if you want something specific, please let me know. The goal is to give modelers what they want.
Mike,

I vote for a Sukhoi in the 75- 80" ws - YS140 or small gasser? Also, you have way too many Allies planes in the warbird series, how about a FW190D9? You have to go w/ the long nose to get that to ballance! or a Me109? There are several Jugs/Stangs at the field, I would love to show up w/ the FW and chase them around....hee hee hee.... lets see how many victory rolls they make with me on their tail.

Thanks,

Mac
Old 03-21-2007, 12:11 PM
M64

Hi there

will there be another 80" plane coming out soon? Hanger 9 has the best quality planes in my opinion.
I am looking for an aerobatic plane for a DA 50 in the same price range as the hanger 9 Cap 232g and extra 260.
Will there be a new plane coming out soon for a DA 50 or anyone know of a plane in the same price range?

Help will be much appreciated

Thanks

M64
Old 03-21-2007, 12:42 PM
Robotech
My Feedback: (9)

SUKHOI!
Old 03-21-2007, 11:00 PM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Will there be a new release at the Toledo Show?
Old 03-30-2007, 09:56 AM
Doc Austin

Product plans are very confidential. However, if you want something specific, please let me know. The goal is to give modelers what they want.
I'de like a .60 sized Pulse XT.
Old 03-30-2007, 09:20 PM
Stick Bender

As a person just starting to learn 3D and gassers. I would like to see something for the Evolution 35,or my light 40cc.

An Edge that size sounds like it would be good to learn with, a Showtime 160 would be VERY cool

And I'm not asking for much, 10-12 lbs on 1100-1200 squares. (the Ultra RC Giles 29% and the Extreme Flight 74" Yak fit but I like Hanger 9 ARF's they are light for as well as they are build and being built well helps with those not so perfect landings us beginners are famous for)

My Extra 260 27% weighs 13.5 with fuel and my poor little weak 40cc pulls it OK but not enough for someone trying to learn 3D
Old 03-31-2007, 08:13 AM
Ronbo
My Feedback: (12)

As long as the H9 ultimate is still available, i will be happy!
Old 03-31-2007, 10:34 PM
Hangar Pilot

Mike,

How about suppling us with this airplane. I't seems the Dave can't get it done. I've been waiting since spring of 06 for it. If you could bring this airplane to market it would be another hit for H9.

Joe

Thats a pretty big model. I know Dave Patrick has a new 1/4 scale Super Cub which looks very nice. Looks like your looking for a model a little bigger.
Old 04-02-2007, 05:10 AM
Patto

If Hangar 9 wants to get something original going, then the Giles G300 would be a step in the right direction, only Air Wild makes one, I believe, and it's a 100cc size. Or, the Giles MX3 would be another option. Only Composite ARF makes one as of now. Something in the 40-50cc range, I'm thinking... Not many Panzls out there, and only a couple of Velox's. I agree with Mike's policy of making something that isn't already covered by one of the other manufacturers, even though H9 quality is probably a lot higher. I would, however, like them to keep with the scale planes a little more. Don't get me wrong, I love my Showtime, fantastic plane, but scale appeal is a huge plus. If only I could find a plane that flew like the Showtime and was scale...

-Pat
Old 04-02-2007, 07:48 AM
flyboyrich

Hey Mike, just found this forum. You have designed some of the BEST Planes I have flown in 30 years of R/C. I love the Pulse 40 and wish you would design a 60 size. I'll be glad to test one for you. Also, just finished a Showtime 50. Can't wait to get it in the air. Any idea when Hanger 9 will come out with the german WWI plane. Hope it is an Albatros DIII or a Fokker DVI and not not a triplane like everyone else.
Old 04-08-2007, 05:11 PM
RoughLandin

No offense to anyone but I think the market has enough 50cc size Aerobatic planes to meet everyone’s needs. Don't get me wrong, I love aerobatics but there are so many good planes to choose from why do we need more?

I would like to see a 50cc size Focke-Wulf 190 A8 even a D model would be OK. I mean there are so many P-51, P-47, Spitfires, even Zeros around they need something to give them a run for their money. I have yet to find one decent FW190 on the market in the 120 glow to 50cc gas size range in Kit or ARF form. What I have found is either $1K+ or just crap (Nitro Planes)

If I am wrong please send me a link (please something other than the Nitro planes[family] of poor excuse for a FW model).

Either way I think models of this plane are in short supply
Old 04-08-2007, 06:54 PM
Patto

Roughlandin,

I'm going to have to completely agree with you! The FW 190 D9 is my all-time favorite warbird, but not since Pica's kit a couple decades ago have I seen one that is a decent scale model. I flew a large P-51 a couple weeks ago, and it reminded me how much of a challenge warbirds are to handle, and I really like that challenge! There is also nothing like a low fly-by with the retracts up on a scale warbird.

Although I usually don't buy anything but 3D-capable aerobats, I would gladly fork over some cash for a high quality Fw 190 D9, (not a fan of the A8, the engine was too small =).

Very nice to hear someone else chime in on that particular plane. And I agree about Nitroplanes. They are affordable, and they fly well, but for scale realism, I only know of one exception with them, that being their mosquito. A friend of mine has one and it has a nice, dull painted finish. The photos on the nitroplanes site does that one no justice.
Old 04-17-2007, 08:38 AM
Doc Austin

ORIGINAL: flyboyrich

I love the Pulse 40 and wish you would design a 60 size.
A .60 is a little larger plane than fits comfrortably in my car, but I don't care. Make the Pulse XT60 and I'll buy a new car.

I'll be glad to test one for you.
Count me in. The Pulse is so well developed that I think testing would be a formality.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=632497

Also, more and more folks are wanting a real pattern plane. Fliton's upcoming Element has a lot of people on the waiting list and 3D Hobby Shops aspera is selling really well. Yeah, I know these are electric, but I think something like a nitro Prodigy would be a popular plane, especially if it were avilabkle as a Hangar 9 ARF, or even better, a PNP.

Personally, I'm kind of tired of looking at Yaks and Katanas and such. I'de like something fast, sleek and smooth.

Old 04-20-2007, 10:53 AM
2001az
My Feedback: (5)

Mike,

What happened with replacement parts for the CAP 232 (73") ? If this model is no longer produced by H9 who has the rights? Is Dave Patrick the owner of the rights or H9? Why not produce it again?

Arturo
Old 04-25-2007, 09:13 AM
MMcConville
My Feedback: (4)

We supported the old Cap for quite a while, but the mfg we used to make that model no longer exists so it isnt available. Horizon owns the rights to the model.
Old 06-21-2007, 01:18 PM
gooseF22

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mike
Congratlations on the new 35% 260, and the CAP - SWEET. A work of art at toledo!! that 260 will be one of those gotta have ARFs. Cmon piggy bank!!

As you know, I love the old 33% sukhoi 31. I know its old school mfg by now, but mine flies great. Thanks for the emails helping me set up with the super 80 and lightning it, and strengthing the wing.

That said. I absolutely would order right now if you all came out with a 35% suky in a similar scheme, BUT using the manufacturing methods used in your new plane, and keep the weight about the same. If you did that, we could also run the single jug motors and keep the overall cost down for us non competition flyers. The ZDZ super 80 rips the old suky pretty darn good. I bet the new 116 is a screamer with these new planes, and of course the old trusty DA.

So my humble vote is for a 35% Su-29 or 31 in the 25-28 pound range!!!. Sheeted ailerons - single servo - single or double rudder servo,and a pull pull tray for lighter motors. Carbon gear/wing tube/tail wheel tail tubes. Lightened canopy area, and radio mount tray, set up for single or dual cans.

Thank you for all you do for the sport. Its guys like you that keep guys like me coming back!!

dave
Old 06-27-2007, 12:44 PM
jlsimon
My Feedback: (164)

Mike,

I just acquired an old H9 120 size Edge 540 from a friend. I'm planning on a major rebuild and will be putting in a Super Tiger 2300 I happen to have on hand. To keep it light I was going to put a pull-pull on the rudder but when it came to the elevators I am undecided. Two servos in the tail is heavier than a wishbone/pushrod setup but offers tighter control. A pull-pull on the elevators would work but is more complicated to setup. Any thoughts as to the best solution for this aircraft? Also any other mods or tips for the edge would be appreciated.

Also I am overjoyed you brought out the Sopwith Camel last year. Any more WW1 warbirds in the pipeline? A 1/5 scale Fokker D-8 would be my suggestion. It would be an ideal balance between a flying scale model and enjoying sport plane acrobatic performance. Of course, you'd have to talk the folks at Ultracoat into producing the classic lozenge pattern.

Regards,

Jerry Simon

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.