TEAM RCU - Mike McConville Ask expert Team RCU pilot Mike McConville questions in this forum.

New Hanger 9 Planes

Old 02-28-2005, 11:38 PM
jshrc6869

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: New Hanger 9 Planes

anyone have any comments on the brison 6.4
Old 03-01-2005, 02:41 PM
Marcus763

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Warbirds would indeed be cool, especially Zero, P38 and FW190. Around 80" - 90" spans would be nice [sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 03-02-2005, 02:55 PM
flybye Steve

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hey Mike, Hanger 9 has done a great job of nibbling around the edges of large scale performance ARFs. Resently, I flew my 33% Sukhoi and Extra 330 down in Florida with one of the TOC compeditors. We had a lot of fun at one of the local fields and both of thes planes put on an impressive show. I had the GT 80 in the Sukhoi and a DA 100 in the Extra. These planes come fairly close to achieving a legitimate compeditive level. Lets go for it and put together a real 33-35% show stopper.
Old 03-03-2005, 02:14 PM
MMcConville

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I think the Edge is a 33% show stopper!
Old 03-03-2005, 03:32 PM
famousdave

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
ORIGINAL: MMcConville

As far as the request for kits, that us an interesting idea. On the surface it seems pretty simple, however one huge road block is the development of a construction manual. To do one for a kit to H9 standards would be a huge undertaking. I remember from my days at Midwest, it took us longer to produce a construction manual than it did to design, prototype, test and finalize the model.
I dont believe we could recoup the investment it would take to kit our models.

Mike

Mike -
Most of us builders build to plans only anyway and we barely crack the manual if there even is one! Carden, Columbo Anderson, Aerotech, and the Aerowork's manuals are nothing a beginner could ever use and marginal at best even for us experienced guys. The planes still build up easily however as the PLANS are very good. You have builders and you have ARF guys. There is not really a need for a highly detailed manual as far as I am concerned because a junior builder is not going to tackle something of this magnitude and builders don't need manuals IF the plans are good. I am sure most GS builders would agree.

I would love to get a kit form of the 33%Cap. A box of quality laser cut parts and a good set of plans.. that's all I'de need! Besides some of the documented build logs on the internet are far better than even the best manuals out there!

If a kit can't be done, how about an ARC?? Now that would be a good option!

DP
Old 03-03-2005, 03:44 PM
famousdave

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
ORIGINAL: flybye Steve

Hey Mike, Hanger 9 has done a great job of nibbling around the edges of large scale performance ARFs. Resently, I flew my 33% Sukhoi and Extra 330 down in Florida with one of the TOC compeditors. We had a lot of fun at one of the local fields and both of thes planes put on an impressive show. I had the GT 80 in the Sukhoi and a DA 100 in the Extra. These planes come fairly close to achieving a legitimate compeditive level. Lets go for it and put together a real 33-35% show stopper.

I agree with Mike on the Edge. It is a show stopper. You are not going to get much better in that size class. It is well built, well laid out, strong and very agile. It would be hard to build a better plane from a kit... although I'de rather be able to build it myself!

DP
Old 03-04-2005, 07:15 AM
jongurley

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

The market to be in right now, is the 50cc, 84inch wingspan class, it would be for the more cost minded people, alot of people could push there budget for 5 servos, a 399 ish priced plane, and a 50 cc motor, but alot of people couldn't afford or don't want to currently spend the money on a 33% 800 dollar plane, a 80cc to 100cc 900 dollar motor and 7 servos,, but anyway that is just my thoughts,,
Old 03-04-2005, 07:55 PM
pequeajim

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I agree that the 50-100cc class is the ticket. Anything above 50cc starts to really require heavier duty equipment to fly the airplane safely. I also agree that 50cc is the emerging market among the current crop of 1.20 size glow people moving to gas. Extreme FLight RC and Wild Hare and some others have seen this and are ahead of the curve in bringing quality product to market to meet that need. I have had several H9 airplanes and would love to see them put something back on the shelves that size.

I think you guys had the right idea with the Cap. You just didn't give it enough time to mature.

Jim!
Old 03-05-2005, 12:02 PM
rjklein

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

my vote is a 40% size sukhoi. No one has it yet, and I want one. I have pleeded with Dennis to make one, but just not sure he will.
Old 03-06-2005, 10:01 PM
idealer

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

my vote: 50cc Yak/Extra
Old 03-07-2005, 09:14 AM
air farce one

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Mike,
How about creating a model in the 50 cc class that is designed to be a great flyer. Take the engine, servos, fuel tank, all the hardware and create a beautiful looking and flying airplane. Completely enclose the engine and servos so you get a clean aerodynamic airplane. Forget trying to recreate a full scale airpane because they don't scale down well w/out changing the outline, with the exception of a Bucker Jungmeister. For some reason, us modelers think we have to model a full scale airplane-we don't. Let's pioneer new aircraft rather than copycat our full scale brothers. After all, you never here a full scaler say "I'm gonna build a full scale Kaos." What CA has done with his "Fantasy" is trulying amazing, but the price is a huge draw back. Good Luck! B
Old 03-08-2005, 07:11 AM
50%plane

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Mike,

2006 Hanger 9 Lineup

40% Sukhoi
33% Raven
28% Extra 260

With these winners Hanger 9 will dominate the market.
Old 03-08-2005, 07:31 AM
jongurley

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I am going to buy a 84 inch wingspan class bird in the next months, but I still wish hanger 9 would be or might or can be producing this size, I would sure love to buy a hangar 9 ,,, what are you thoughts on this Mike M. I believe it would be a good investment for the company, I have a feeling, whether or not they admit it H9 has probrably been testing or has some prototypes in this 50cc class,
Old 03-08-2005, 01:02 PM
MMcConville

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

As much as I'd love to share everything were working on, I cant discuss anything until its released.
Old 03-08-2005, 05:09 PM
JasonS

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Another vote for a pattern plane! Doesn't have to be full 2 meter though. The size of the Funtana 90 would be fine.
Do a "precision" Funtana with a more pattern like airfoil, or offer 2 wing options.
Sell it as a dual purpose "Artistic Aerobatics/pattern" plane and sales will be fine.
And even though its a "niche" market, you won't have as much competition either.
I wonder how many of the Venus 40 Greatplanes has sold? I know of quite a few around here, all purchased by non-pattern pilots that were seduced by a pattern like ship they could afford.
Just some thoughts!
Old 03-08-2005, 06:32 PM
v-snap

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

a biiiiiiiiig sukhoi -not yak- sukhoi..Oh yea make it a kit so I can afford it....
Old 03-09-2005, 07:56 AM
jongurley

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

No keep making ARF's so I won't have to build it,, and Mike M. is there a certain time of the year you guys release your new planes or is it on a completion basis, meaning you release them as they are ready for production seperatly,,,
Old 03-09-2005, 12:32 PM
MMcConville

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

We try to release new airplanes throughout the year. We hit a bit of a slow pwriod in H9 since we were focusing more resources getting E-Flite up and going. Now we are back on H9 as well as EFlite. Looks for lots of new H9 models starting with the P-40 that we just released.
Old 03-10-2005, 07:12 AM
jongurley

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Cool Deal,,,,
Old 03-11-2005, 01:57 PM
50%plane

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Mike,
Hanger 9 needs to get into the ARF jet market. There has been considerable interest for a jet that has good flying characteristics, will slowdown enough to land on small runways, and is semi-aerobatic.
Old 03-13-2005, 01:31 PM
drumbum

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

MIKE,

I too would like to see some 90 range 3D planes in a kit form. as far as i know there are not many at all out besides profiles. Most of the kit planes i would buy are old designs and not very 3d incorperated unless they are modified.. also if it is a scale design like say an extra. it could be built as sport or 3d in the control surface design by the plans.. just a thought...

i would aslo in the arf category like a suhkoi in the 50cc range 3d design with PLENtY of graphics (not stickers) brightly covered around 14-17 lbs around 80-85" would be sweet

a 90 size design sean tucker ultimate pitts design would be great too. with different graphics ( an all orange plane would be hard to see if inverted or not) or just put checkers on the bottom

i am also a fan of artistic design aircraft that can f3a/3d
Old 03-18-2005, 08:28 PM
Banche

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

there are soo many people who bought the f90 and loved it.

I have had it for about a year, it is my 2nd plane and it flies awsome. I am a real big 3d guy and would love to see some 90 or 120 size 3d plane like the funtana 90 coming out soon.

things like the paramount 60/90 and the harrier 3d are cool planes but I have flown them and the f90 is just better to fly almost everywhere.

turn out another plane like that around the same size and soo many of us would buy it!

Funtana 90:

JR 6102 PCM WITH R770
1 537 AND 5 HITEC DIGITALS WITH ABOUT 100 OZ
SAITO 100 (UNDERPOWERED)
Old 03-21-2005, 02:18 PM
MMcConville

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Great input!
Old 03-27-2005, 08:54 PM
Bashedit

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Mike,
There's still a few of us builders out here that would be happy to write and photograph a manual for say a kit in trade! The winters up here in Ohio are long enough that I'm now working on my second build for the this winter.
Old 03-28-2005, 01:09 AM
sillyness

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

3D Stealth Fighter. Noone's seen that.

Also... a Harrier Jump Jet... that should be really simple.

Search this Thread