Go Back  RCU Forums > TEAM RCU > TEAM RCU - Mike McConville
Reload this Page >

10X Programming Question

Community
Search
Notices
TEAM RCU - Mike McConville Ask expert Team RCU pilot Mike McConville questions in this forum.

10X Programming Question

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2004, 05:18 PM
RobT
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 10X Programming Question

Hi Mike!

The 10X has up to five different flight modes. Is it possible (and if yes how) to have a different ration of elevator/aileron -> rudder mix for each flight mode?

In other words it seems that in 3D I want a different amount of elevator when I add rudder than in sequences. The airplane is a Carden 40% extra.

Also for sequences do you mix the rudder so that there is no coupling in straight flight, or no coupling in knife edge? It seems with the Carden I need no elevator mix for knife edge, but if I apply rudder during a straight pass I could use a couple of percent up.

Thanks

Rob
Old 10-05-2004, 08:46 AM
MMcConville
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: 10X Programming Question

With the 10X, you can have 2 different mix values which you can assign to Flight modes as you like. To do it, go into code 64 (I think thats right) for Rudd to ail/elev mixing. Page twice and assign the position 0 and Position 1 to the FM you wish. Now page again and set your aileron mix values (or page again and set selev values). Put the FM switch in the position you want a value to be set, then flip it and set it for the other value.

If you need more than 2 sets od mix values, you can then use a P-mix and assign it to what ever FM you want and set more values.

I always mix for Knife edge flight in my sequence and 3D set-up. If the model pitches in a non-linear way, you can use a curve type mix to compliment or detract from the mnix you have set in code 64. I do that whenever needed. For example, my new Carden Extra needs a few percent of up elevator with rudder. However with more extreme left rudder, it pitches down more severly and needs more mix. The is a problem in rollers at times when you squeeze the rudder harder. So my set up is like this:
1. I set rudd to elev mix in code 64 to mix the model straight in sustained knife edge.
2. Go into a Curve type P-mix (code 56-58) and mix rudder to elev. Set the mix type to "Include"
3. In the air, identify where in the left rudder stick travel the model starts to pitch down harder. Go into the P-mix and drop a point at that stick position.
4. In the same P-mix, deflect the rudder stick to full left and increase or decrease the IN value to add more up elevator. Then takeoff and test it in the air. Tweak that end point value of the mix till the pitch couple is mixed out at extreme rudder deflections.

I've also had some airplanes that when mixed out for Knife edge then seem over mixed at extreme rudder. You can do the same thing in cases like this and set the mix value to pull elevator mix out (take away from code 64).

It takes a few flights to tweak it in.

There many ways to fine tune a model using P-mixes. I'm also using a few percent down elevator mixed to the last few clicks of low throttle to straighten out dowenlines. Using a few percent of right rudder mixed to throttle above 1/2 stick to get uplines perfect.

Lots can be done. Hope this helps.

m
Old 10-07-2004, 06:27 PM
RobT
My Feedback: (17)

Default RE: 10X Programming Question

Yes Mike it helps alot.

As always Thanks for your help. . . your the man!

Rob