Go Back  RCU Forums > TEAM RCU > TEAM RCU - Mike McConville
Reload this Page >

10% Rule in IMAC for 2005

Community
Search
Notices
TEAM RCU - Mike McConville Ask expert Team RCU pilot Mike McConville questions in this forum.

10% Rule in IMAC for 2005

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2004, 05:41 PM
ROGER RUSSELL
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 10% Rule in IMAC for 2005

Mike:
In some of the other YAHOO groups I subscribe to there has been some talk of the 10% rule being enforced this year in IMAC.
As you know I fly one of your Extra 330's and am assuming this and all the H9 designs will meet the 10% rule if we are called upon it?

Correct?

Plus, what is your take of enforcing this rule in a local IMAC contest.

Know you had to prove the plane you where flying at TOC, etc...fell with in the 10%?

Thanks

Roger
Old 12-21-2004, 09:38 AM
MMcConville
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: 10% Rule in IMAC for 2005

First, yes all of the H9 SA airplanes are within the 10% rule. No worries there. FWIW, so are all of the Carden airplanes. The new 260 is stretched to about the limit (thank you Dennis) in length, but it is totally legal.

On the topic of enforcing the rule at IMAC events, guess I'll believe that when I see it happen. Its just way too difficult to enforce. The time needed to process an airplane, like was done at the TOC, would make it impossible at local IMAC meets.
Another issue that would come I believe is, assuming it can be done, that several models being flown today may be pretty borderline in being legal.

Its a can of worms that I dont think can be easily opened.
Old 12-21-2004, 09:55 AM
ROGER RUSSELL
My Feedback: (12)

Default RE: 10% Rule in IMAC for 2005

Mike:
Thanks for your comment.
I agree that the CD has enough on his plate to worry about the 10% rule, unless he assigns a non competitor to do the measuring and paper work.

Plus, I am in this IMAC stuff to better my flying, and above all, to fly and meet with some of the best friends I have met in the hobby.

You would really have to be an a** to call a fellow competitor on the 10% rule just to win a plaque at a local event.
On the other hand, in big competitions that you and others compete in, for thousands of dollars, still not sure if I would call someone on the 10% rule or not??????????

Thanks again Mike, see you at some of the meets in NC.

Roger