Community
Search
Notices
TEAM RCU - Mike McConville Ask expert Team RCU pilot Mike McConville questions in this forum.

Showtime Servos

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2005, 04:43 PM
sschwell

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Showtime Servos

Mike,

Do you think the 9411SA is OK to use on the elevators and ailerons for the Showtime? I have a bunch of the nylon gear 9411s laying around but I've heard that some people are recommending only using metal gear servos. The manual is confusing because it recommends the 9411 but doesn't specify nylon or metal gear version.

Thanks
Old 08-26-2005, 09:45 AM
MMcConville
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: Showtime Servos

I wouldnt use the SA, especuially on aileron. Elev is probably ok.
Old 08-26-2005, 03:18 PM
Nickolas

Hi Mike!,

I've got the showtime as well, I'm quite impressed both by the desgin and the quality of the kit.I will use JR DS8425 MG (same as 8411 MG but Japanese version) on elevator and rudder but I want something faster than than on ailerons so I'll go for HiTec metal gear, I have the following options:

1)102.76 oz.in, 0.10 s/60'

2)152.75 oz.in, 0.16 s/60'

Someone suggested to use ultra fast servos on ailerons as option 1 for better snap roll recovery in precision and good point rolling. What do you think?

Also I will use 2cell 7.4V LiIon 2400mAh regulated down to 5.2V, is it going be enough for 5 digitals + 1 analog for throttle?

Regards,

Nick

Old 08-29-2005, 09:45 AM
MMcConville
My Feedback: (4)

The battery should be fine. But as always, check it between flights. On the servos, fast is better yes. I'd stick with metal gears on aileron iof you can. Can elaborate much more as I'm not familiar withthe Hitec servos.