Go Back  RCU Forums > TEAM RCU > TEAM RCU - Mike McConville
Reload this Page >

F90 elevator servo set up query

Community
Search
Notices
TEAM RCU - Mike McConville Ask expert Team RCU pilot Mike McConville questions in this forum.

F90 elevator servo set up query

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2006, 08:46 AM
Spoiler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F90 elevator servo set up query

Mike, I am running the original F90 (Moki 135 powered actually!) with Hitec 435HB servos on elevator, a JR 770S Rx and a JR 9x Tx. Getting the throws on the elevators to match up and remain consistent throughout the travel is almost impossible despite the programming options on the 9x, or am I missing something? The elevator control arms are different lengths which must cause the problems. Can I programme the discrepancy away with my Tx. Help please!
Old 12-19-2006, 04:08 PM
Gus155

Default RE: F90 elevator servo set up query

Spoiler , you should try get the elevator control horns and servo arms the same length. had to fiddle a bit setting up the dual elevator servos on my extra.( had similar situation on the extra )
May be an idea to try and centre the servos as best as possible with out using the subtrim. you might have one servo over its mechanical limit.
hows your 260 doing with the Moki 210?
Old 01-08-2007, 06:27 AM
Spoiler

Hi Gus - on the F90, the servos are not equidistant from the elevators so the rods are a different length to start with. I had no probs with teh 260. It ahs flown about 5 times so far. The moki has ben great - easy starting and reliable. It does not have incredible power but its more than adequate and its still running in...

Mike - any tips please?
Old 01-08-2007, 10:15 AM
MMcConville
My Feedback: (4)

You have t use servo arms of the same length. Start there. The pushrod length should not effect the throw left vs right as long as the geometry is equal.