Go Back  RCU Forums > TEAM RCU > TEAM RCU - Mike McConville
Reload this Page >

Using a servo reverser

Community
Search
Notices
TEAM RCU - Mike McConville Ask expert Team RCU pilot Mike McConville questions in this forum.

Using a servo reverser

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2007, 01:44 AM
hobbydude214
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Using a servo reverser

In another forum we have recently been debating the necissity of a servo reverser for a plane with two elevator halfs being controlled by seperate servos. It has always been my practice and opinion to use a servo reverser. Others deem it unnessary and to just flip one of the control horns around, one pointing up and one pointing down. Which method do you you perfer and why?
Thank You
-Chris
Old 04-24-2007, 10:15 PM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: Using a servo reverser

I can't speak for Mike, but by just flipping the arm around you end up with a geometric change - one elevator will move more or less than the other.
Old 04-25-2007, 09:34 AM
MMcConville
My Feedback: (4)

If its a set-up (model) where precision is needed, then its not best becuase you will get slightly different throws. For me, if its a throw around sport model I'll do like you suggest, but not on a more precise airplane. If you have a computer radio, its always best to use two channels and mix the left and right elevators.
Old 07-06-2007, 09:10 PM
RED BULL

I'm using a Futaba 6EXA in my Aeroworks Yak 54 72", the radio does not has the mixing capability for dual elevator set up, so, I've installed a EMS Jomar servo reverser "Y" extension. Is this a safe device for 3D practicing ??? The plane is powered by YS 140 sport, and I'm concern if the EMS reverser will be up to the task under heavy load maneuverings. I've read in other threads that some flyers have lost their planes due to servo reverser filatures, but in the other hand, the EMS reverser is supposed to be very dependable. By the way, I’m using a 6 volt NiCd 1000mAh battery, and S3305 servos al around.

Francesco Spechel