Community
Search
Notices
TEAM RCU - Mike McConville Ask expert Team RCU pilot Mike McConville questions in this forum.

H9 CAP232g

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 11:00 AM
ggroyal1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default H9 CAP232g

Hey Mike,
I am almost ready to fly the CAP232g, I am using JR7202 radio, Evolution 45gx2, JR8411 and 8611a servos with a matchbox for the two elevator servos. This is my first gas plane. I like the colors and I think the workmanship is great. I think this is the best gas plane for the money, the quality is well worth the price. My question is about the prop. Should I go with a 22x8 or a 22x10(NX prop) for my first flight or do you have any suggestions? I started building the plane last November and I have been taking my time, checking and rechecking. The engine runs great and all of the controls seem to be fine. I used a watt meter to check current on each servo. Thanks for your part in designing and making this plane.
George G. Royal
Old 04-04-2007, 04:46 PM
DadsToysBG
My Feedback: (35)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: H9 CAP232g

I can't speak for Mike, but I've been flying gas for a long time. Because the engine is new it will take a few gallons of fuel before the rings seat and you get full power. My choice would be the 22x8. Also since this is your first gas, stay with a cheap prop until you are comfortable with the landings. The choice of a prop can be different with each air frame and the same engine. Also your style of flying and what you want it to do. With a Cap I would want the throttle to be quick with good verticle and not care about flat out speed. Always stay with in the RPM range of the engine but that gives you a wide range of props. You will have to try several before you make the final decision. Also keep in mind after the engine is broke-in that wood to carbon can be as much as 600rpm's. Have fun with you new plane and remember there are 50%er's on the market when you are ready. I love Mike's Ulitmate. I got one of the first out and it is still in one piece. Dennis
Old 04-24-2007, 10:13 PM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: H9 CAP232g

George, where did you place the CG on your plane?