Go Back  RCU Forums > TEAM RCU > TEAM RCU - Mike McConville
Reload this Page >

Sundowner / Saito 220

Community
Search
Notices
TEAM RCU - Mike McConville Ask expert Team RCU pilot Mike McConville questions in this forum.

Sundowner / Saito 220

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2007, 01:39 AM
Rebellion
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sundowner / Saito 220

Hi Mike,
First of all congrats on a fantastic new design. I'm in love with mine and I haven't even started on it yet.

Like a lot of people I'm looking for a lightweight, high power engine that fits inside the cowl on the Sundowner. Have you tried the Saito 220 in one yet? If so, how was the fit and performance?

Thanks,

Dave
Old 07-21-2007, 03:09 PM
homeboy61

Default RE: Sundowner / Saito 220

YEA MIKE YA OUT DID YOUR SELF THE BEST LOOKING PLANE I HAVE EVER SEEN!
Old 07-22-2007, 04:04 PM
bzyguy01

Hey guys...This bird flies VERY solid and is a fairly nice bird...FYI....The OS 160 isn't quite enough to make the hair stand on the back of your neck! I'm estimating at best....high 90's ....maybee 100??? (This is where I estimate what mine is doing with this combo)

Note!!!! Clearance your wheel pants a bit to allow for the tires to grow on take offs with alot of speed! I destroyed a new prop as it was about to lift off and it was like hitting the brakes! It cracked both wheel pants and destroyed both tires....
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ol31360.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	728098   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wr53657.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	50.3 KB
ID:	728099  
Old 08-22-2007, 06:14 AM
kid chuckles

Also for the Saito Motors to keep the muffler in cowl you have to have a muffler adapter or atleast with the 180 you do. And they are backordered until Sept. sometime. That is all I like having mine ready to fly. They do not show this part or speak of it anywhere in the ads options or manuel. But it is in the pic they show in the manuel if you look hard you can see it coming out of the head and the muffler tube then screws into this (rt. angle adapter) that is how they keep it in cowl.
Old 08-23-2007, 03:34 PM
DadsToysBG
My Feedback: (35)

Gee kid Iv's seen you on other posts and you seem to be a very unhappy person that wants things yesterday. There's many ways to finish the plane and if you only want to do it a certian way then wait. You gave mike a hard time on his thread now your over here saying the same thing. Get over it and move on. Dennis
Old 08-27-2007, 06:07 AM
kid chuckles

Well I am fairly new to this stuff and if you can tell me some way to make the muffler fit inside the cowl without this part then i am all for it. I have ordered the part and talked with Horizon and they stated that they would try to at least put this part in the options part of the manuel and or on there web site. Have tried every Hardware Store and Hobby Shop abaliable to me and no one has it. I did however find it on E-Bay. But maybe your right will try to be a little more forgiving I guess lol. Still have to wait so wait i will lol.
Old 10-07-2007, 12:55 PM
vince.b
My Feedback: (1)

my 220 should be here next week for my sundowner. I have a ton of 30% heli to burn in it. The prop i hope to run is the 16x14 mejlic.
The 220 length is going to be a tight fit but and the exhaust looks like i am going to try somthing from performance speciety sport muffle and a adapter.
The wheels and landing gear strut were 5.6 oz so more then likely I will change them out.
I am not to sure on the prop but i am thinking at speed it could be alittle high on the rpm.
should be a nice flyer