TEAM RCU - Mike McConville Ask expert Team RCU pilot Mike McConville questions in this forum.

H9 ultimate questions

Old 01-08-2008, 11:24 AM
pfact

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: H9 ultimate questions

some more details for you - I glued 3/16" basswood strips to the middle and outer edges of the ply. Each of the strips has a 1/16" deep notch dadoed into its underside to allow placement of a velcro strap or zip tie.

Glitches? Dropping of the right wing occurred in 3 planes at 2 fields and we did not experience the problem when we used a 9C. This allowed us to narrow the problem down to our 14Mz transmitter. We sent it in for repair, they turned it around quickly unfortunately, they did not provide us with any specific indication of what was done. Some clues from the Futaba service center web site made us think they replaced a pot and gimbal for the right stick.

Unfortunately, we encountered the problem again this weekend with our Boomerang. This is very unsettling as we have a Bobcat, Rookie, 3.3M Yak, 2.6M Yak, and a QQ Python that need to be maidened this Spring - not sure we should take the risk, rather it may be time to switch to JR. The thought of replacing receivers on 30+ planes is too much to stomach.

Phil
Old 01-08-2008, 07:47 PM
mradcliff

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Thanks guys for the tank pictures. It really helps.
Mark
Old 01-08-2008, 09:13 PM
Lormuhl

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Ouch sorry to hear about the radio/glitch problems. It would be hard to swallow replacing receives in 30+ planes. Were you using the 14mz in the Boomerang or the 9C? I have only used JR and since I have gone to 2.4 I have not had one glitch in any of my planes. I will have to ask you for your advise when I'm ready for my first turbine.
Old 06-22-2008, 08:48 PM
mradcliff

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I have a Hanger 9 Ultimate with about a dozen flights on it and I love it but Im concerned about the top wings are seperating at the center carbon fiber rib. I start out tight and after a flight there is approx a 3/16 to 1/4" gap. If it moves much more I'm concerned it could seperate past the anti rotation pins. Also I'm having trouble with the 4/40 screw to keep the wing from sliding left to right. It's stripped. The alum tube is so thin you can barely get a thread in it to hold the screw. Does anyone have a better set up?
Old 06-23-2008, 04:47 PM
MMcConville

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Easy solution here is to epoxy a hard block such as maple inside the tube, then tap it 6-32, and go to 6-32 bolts to retain the top wing. That should make everything solid.
Old 06-24-2008, 08:43 PM
mradcliff

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

OK Mike I was thinking along the same idea. I'll give it a try.
Mark
Old 04-04-2013, 02:31 AM
Scott in Nantucket

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

or u can put two blind nuts behind one wing to make that true to the center then turn the wing tube alittle and redrill both with bigger srews and really make it tight

Search this Thread