Go Back  RCU Forums > TEAM RCU > TEAM RCU - Mike McConville
Reload this Page >

Yak54-40 Second Maiden

Community
Search
Notices
TEAM RCU - Mike McConville Ask expert Team RCU pilot Mike McConville questions in this forum.

Yak54-40 Second Maiden

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2007, 03:23 AM
zul_cessna

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yak54-40 Second Maiden

I need help for my second maiden flight setup on my YAK54-40. Previously crashed due to lack airspeed and low powered engine. After repair works done, installed with Saito .72 and now looking for best prop. Currently I have ( 13 x 6N ) & ( 13 x 4W ), which one will suit my engine and plane ? any suggestion ?

here is my previous link http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_6525669/tm.htm
Old 12-04-2007, 03:41 PM
MMcConville
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: Yak54-40 Second Maiden

I doubt it was an airspeed issue if you were flying at full throttle. However flying it w/o the cowl will shift the CG WAY back. That is never a good idea. If it balanced with the cowl ion it, it was very tail heavy w/o the cowl and my guess is this is why it crashed.
Old 12-04-2007, 09:20 PM
zul_cessna

Default RE: Yak54-40 Second Maiden

I have never thought of that Mike, I thought the cowl is just a few grams in weight and won't effect the CG. So i learn something today that the cowl play a major role in aeroplane. My previous engine was Saito 56. By the way, can i set my .72 saito with 13 x 4W APC prop ?