Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yak54-40 Second Maiden

I need help for my second maiden flight setup on my YAK54-40. Previously crashed due to lack airspeed and low powered engine. After repair works done, installed with Saito .72 and now looking for best prop. Currently I have ( 13 x 6N ) & ( 13 x 4W ), which one will suit my engine and plane ? any suggestion ?

here is my previous link http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_6525669/tm.htm

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Yak54-40 Second Maiden

I doubt it was an airspeed issue if you were flying at full throttle. However flying it w/o the cowl will shift the CG WAY back. That is never a good idea. If it balanced with the cowl ion it, it was very tail heavy w/o the cowl and my guess is this is why it crashed.
    Mike McConville
    Horizon Hobby

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Yak54-40 Second Maiden

I have never thought of that Mike, I thought the cowl is just a few grams in weight and won't effect the CG. So i learn something today that the cowl play a major role in aeroplane. My previous engine was Saito 56. By the way, can i set my .72 saito with 13 x 4W APC prop ?