Community
Search
Notices
TEAM RCU - Mike McConville Ask expert Team RCU pilot Mike McConville questions in this forum.

funtana 100???

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 01:18 PM
porkboy125

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default funtana 100???

i am wanting to get a funtana 100 and put an o.s. 1.20 surpass in it would that be good enough to do 3D?? what sixe prop? what size spinner? and what kind of servos should i be looking at?
Old 03-28-2008, 02:21 AM
OK2Fly

Default RE: funtana 100???

Go to the Funtana thread in the 3D Flying forums. There's lotsa info there. Based on what I've seen, the 120 should be decent. Use an APC 16X4W or something similar. You should get servos with a torque rating higher than 80 oz/in.
Old 03-28-2008, 12:00 PM
porkboy125

i am planning on putting the hs-5645mg all around except throttle
Old 03-28-2008, 06:33 PM
rmenke
My Feedback: (13)

Porkeypoo:

I'm just a old guy thats been around the hobby for well over 50 years. You have no idea how far our hobby has come. My first 1948 engine would not even run, ever!! Was a Brown ignition. Mike is not a personal friend, I have only run into him twice for short periods of time in my life. To be able to communicate with guys like Mike, Hyde, QQ and others directly is simply unbelieveable. Not too long ago, you had to go to all the contests to learn whats what, maby get a answer to a problem in a trade article. Believe me, I'm not the hero worshiping type, but I sure appreciate the assistance Mike and others like him provide to the public, and do feel the need to respond to your post. Hopefully in a civil way that will not get us deleated.

My understanding is that Mike works on this forum on his own time as a courtsey to the hobby and the people that indirectly keeps him emloyed. It takes a bunch of time as even you can surly see. He is not a shill being paid to sit on a computer and BS the public. He does have to pay for himself in design and working contest events all over the US. After a event at Castle AFB a couple years ago, the crew was packing up trying to get home. I recognized Mike from the event he was flying, sort of cornered him and asked about some 10X complex programming problems I was having. We talked, he tried to help without the gear, waited while I brought back my transmitter and fixed my problem. Yes, most of the H-9 people would have done the same thing because they are the type of people that are helpfull by nature, and sought after for this trait alone. Ok, I have cooled off a little, do not wish to disrespect you in any way, but think you are off base here. I run a 17 X 4 on my YS110, but is probably stronger than OS or Sato. Peace huh?
Old 03-28-2008, 09:40 PM
OK2Fly

Did I miss something?!