Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Showtime 90 hor stab concern

Mike, I am completing the ST 4D 90 and am concerned about the horizontal stabilizer. I never had a plane that the stabilizer was two parts. After following the directions to tap the tube for the 4-40 screw and installing the stabs tightly to the fuse I noticed there is some give up and down with the stab when I move them by hand. It seems this movement will cause some un-desired results when performing aerobatics. Is this by design? How can I get the stab to be stable? Thanks.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Showtime 90 hor stab concern

Some wobble ca happen with stab tubes because of the smaller contact area. The easiest fix is to brush a thin coat of finishing resin into the socket in the fuse to tighten the fit on the alum tube. Its very easy to do.
    Mike McConville
    Horizon Hobby

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Showtime 90 hor stab concern

Thanks Mike for the help. I am not sure what finishing resin is. I have some resin for epoxy but it never dries.
    The tubes seem to be tight but I suppose they could have a tighter fit.
    The movement I notice is at the stab to fuse junction. I was careful to minimize space between both stabs and fuse but still a slight space.
    My main concerns are:
    1. Movement will interfere with aerobatic flying
    2. Air flow will make any movement worse in time by wearing down the wood on the stab and fuse.