Go Back  RCU Forums > TEAM RCU > TEAM RCU - Mike McConville
Reload this Page >

Sundowner Formula 1 tuned pipe

Community
Search
Notices
TEAM RCU - Mike McConville Ask expert Team RCU pilot Mike McConville questions in this forum.

Sundowner Formula 1 tuned pipe

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2008, 06:07 PM
ggroyal1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sundowner Formula 1 tuned pipe

Hey Mike,
I started on my new H9 Sundowner today. Everything checkout ok. I also purchased the Evolution 26gx and a side mount muffler. I also ordered the matching tuned pipe. My question is: Will the header extend down far enough to mount the tuned pipe? I know I will have to change the timing, but do you think I will see an improvement? I have been flying the H9 Cap232g with the Evolution 45gx2 for about two years without any problems. After reading hours of the RCU forums, I found a few complaints about structural defects in the Sundowner mostly motor box and fuselage near the vertical stab. Any comments or suggestions? I also read that those problems were corrected. I really like the plane and I am looking foward to seeing it making those high speed passes over the runway.

Thanks,
George G. Royal
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Eb86864.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	34.4 KB
ID:	1091092   Click image for larger version

Name:	Je10173.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	37.3 KB
ID:	1091093  
Old 12-19-2008, 04:19 PM
MMcConville
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: Sundowner Formula 1 tuned pipe

I dont have any experience wi thte engine/pipe so I cant say how much improvement you'll get or if the header bend is approprite for the Sundowner. Sorry, not much help I know.
Old 01-02-2009, 02:31 PM
budchugger
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Sundowner Formula 1 tuned pipe

I have found this web site for the EVO 26 and tuned pipe, this guy really knows what he's talking about and I know because I have the same engine and tuned pipe.

http://tech.flygsw.org/evolution26review.htm