Go Back  RCU Forums > TEAM RCU > TEAM RCU - Mike McConville
Reload this Page >

Mike McConville Rules!

Community
Search
Notices
TEAM RCU - Mike McConville Ask expert Team RCU pilot Mike McConville questions in this forum.

Mike McConville Rules!

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2009, 09:36 AM
skyrip69
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mike McConville Rules!

Hey Mike!
So glad you are on here bro,. I have been flying your designs for years and still read your book. It is amazing that things have come so far in RC and yet your book is still very pertinant to the new hobby as well. Aerobatics havn't changed a bit and setting up planes is the same except with Lipo! I just got the mini pulse XT to keep in the car for road trips. Great design,,,actually looks bigger in the sky than on the ground...flies on rails,,,,I just got an AJ SLICK as well, First plane I have purchased that was not your design,,,,,in 12 years...couldn't resist it,,That kid did a great job,,must have read your book!

My question is...Have you gone to the dark side and started flying electric?

I did,,,I no longer have to cary anything to the field except radios and batteries...no gas,,no cleaning supplies,,no pumps and car batteries to power them, no tools,no glow plug igniters,,love the new era! I remember feeling sorry for the trouble the electric guys had,,,and lack of fun at the field..

Todd
Old 11-30-2009, 12:22 PM
MMcConville
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: Mike McConville Rules!

Thanks for the kind words!

I fly a bit of everything. Probably safeto say my ep models are getting bigger. Getting closer to the point that I fly either gas in big models or ep for anything smaller than gas. Still a few glow models like vintage pattern stuff, but I do love electrics!
Probably fly either UltraMicro (Sukhoi) or 480 to 15 size ParkZone electrics in my backyard more than anything.
Old 11-30-2009, 12:53 PM
krayzc-RCU
My Feedback: (31)

Old 02-22-2010, 03:46 AM
Stirlo_AUS

Hi Mike!

I agree its great to see you are STILL here helping customers in this forum after what 5-6 years at least..

Mike I come back to this area because I finally managed to get my hands on a 46% Ultimate ...my Unicorn...

I have built it with a DLE222 and it is ready to maiden except It has the dodgy "old" (as you called it) undercarridge and yep its buckeled in the heat with out even getting it to the field, what is the chance that the H9 Team will still replace it given that the kit must now be several years old but new and never flown?

I bought it second hand from some one who stored it for some time.

Hope you can help???

Regards, 

Stirlo

Australian Customer. 

Old 02-23-2010, 01:40 PM
MMcConville

Call product support and ask. I cant really answer that one.
Old 02-23-2010, 01:41 PM
MMcConville

BTW, would love to hear your experience with the DLE222.
Old 03-17-2010, 07:52 PM
Mastertech
My Feedback: (31)

Hey Mike, We talked at Joe Nall last year about the Funtana 125. Well I finally got one and in the process of building it. Very nice so far but I need to bring a few things to your attention for future kits.

1. Please, in future designs put switch mounting places on the right side of the fuse. I find them on the left side to be a major pita. Both sides would be a nice touch. Being right handed I sit at the right side of the airplane to start it using my right hand for the starter, that angle makes the switches on the right side perfect. Left handers would seem to be the reverse.

2. The aileron rods are at least 1/4" too short in the kit making getting the control rods and horns at 90 degrees impossible.

3. I think the booklet that came with the kit is possibly the best one I've ever seen.

Tim
Old 09-18-2012, 11:32 AM
19th Alta Dragoon

Mike ,
I have the Hanger 9 Funtana 125 with a Satio 125 and the plane flys good , trims out but you cannot land it. Just as soon as you back of the throttle the nose goes up at a 45 degree angle . The Plane is balenced according to the directions . Three times I have attempted to land and had to reapir the the under carrage, but to no avail. If you are running full throttle of half throttle on level flight and reduce power the nose goes up . Any suggestions on this one ?

Thanks

Bob Irwin
Canada
Old 09-24-2012, 06:05 AM
K-Bob
My Feedback: (1)

Mike does indeed rule.

I have over 300 flights on my 3.1M Sukhoi and every one is as thrilling as the first.
Old 10-12-2012, 02:40 PM
warbird addict

I had the same problem with my Funtana 125G , I changed the CG half way between the forward and aft CG specs and it still will drop the tail a bit but once you give it a bump of down elevator it will settle out and level off, once it does it's a matter of a delicate topuch in that you will have to just bump some up elevator rather than pull and hold the elevator and she'll grease right in 3 points everytime, some guys have posted in the forum regarding this problem with this plane and they actually went in and Mcguyvered up an adjustable AOA rig on the wing , So if my lil pea brain interpreted what I read in those posts, the problem with the 125G dropping the tail when landing is an Angle Of Attack issue with the wing, I just changed the cg to neutral and give it a bump or 2 of down elevator to level it off then just bump some up elevator to grease it in
Old 02-02-2013, 08:50 AM
baronbrian
My Feedback: (13)

ORIGINAL: 19th Alta Dragoon

Mike ,
I have the Hanger 9 Funtana 125 with a Satio 125 and the plane flys good , trims out but you cannot land it. Just as soon as you back of the throttle the nose goes up at a 45 degree angle . The Plane is balenced according to the directions . Three times I have attempted to land and had to reapir the the under carrage, but to no avail. If you are running full throttle of half throttle on level flight and reduce power the nose goes up . Any suggestions on this one ?

Thanks

Bob Irwin
Canada
Add a few degrees of upthrust to the engine and it will be much better. Just a washer on each side of the bottom of the mount on the mounting bolts and in between the engine mount and the firewall and you should be set!